Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Why is it always me that gets jumped on first, bitten (puppy), followed to the loo, pushed out of the way and generally followed wherever I go.

I am currently sat on the couch with a damp pup snuggled into me, the smell of wet dog is almost worse than the smell of cow poop she rolled in earlier.

When does my OH get a turn - I'd like a minutes peace please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

tk123 wrote: »
    lol Lucy's best friend is a Rottie boy named Bear! :pac:

Love that name! I didn't realise I had such a liking for them until one of my coworkers said to me "you're certainly our rottie girl" lol!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I'm on holidays at the minute and had the most horrible realistic dream last night. Ozzie collapsed and had to be brought to UCD hospital. They eventually said they couldn't do anything and he had to be PTS. When we went in to say goodbye his little body was all swollen and he was in so much pain.

I wish it wasn't the middle of the night at home so I can Skype my mam to see him :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

VonVix wrote: »
    Y'know, I never really liked rottweilers, they never appealed to me at all.

Now everyone at work lets me know if there's a rottweiler around... because all I do nowadays is play and wrestle (well, they tackle me and I just go with it!) with every rottweiler I see. Omg they are such big babies, they are the cutest lumps I've ever met. I could imagine they'd be bloody hard work though, with possibly wanting to play with you all the time lol!

I would have felt the same about rotties for a long time, but my in-laws have had them over the years, all females who they never bred from, and they are lovely dogs. Very playful, gentle and clever dogs. It's a shame they have such short lives.

toadfly wrote: »
    I'm on holidays at the minute and had the most horrible realistic dream last night. Ozzie collapsed and had to be brought to UCD hospital. They eventually said they couldn't do anything and he had to be PTS. When we went in to say goodbye his little body was all swollen and he was in so much pain.

I wish it wasn't the middle of the night at home so I can Skype my mam to see him :-(

Jeez, that's an awful nightmare.:eek:

• Advertisement

I'm so bloody annoyed now. I phoned the guards this morning as there was a staffie or bull terrier breed, not sure which, running loose in the neighbourhood and I was worried it might hurt another animal. I know they aren't all vicious but a lot of them have the wrong kind of owners and either way it shouldn't have been loose. Saw a post on Facebook that a neighbour came home to find their rabbit and guinea pig torn apart in the garden this morning.

Obviously it might not be the same dog, but it really pisses me off that people let their dogs roam. It's just not safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Amazed at Lucy. I was teaching her stay one evening MONTHS ago and never got back around to continuing (oops!) so spent about 10-15 mins the on Sunday practising again with me walking away from them in the garden.. Yesterday she stayed sitting while I went to the bin in the park and this morning she stayed lying down beside Bailey even though she could see my friend coming!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'm still ill and was up almost all night so I went up to the kitchen and Found out at 6am this morning that Alli can now open her crate door from the inside apparently, she was waltzing around the kitchen delighted with herself! She didn't destroy anything either so I might chance leaving her out tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Just sitting down with a cuppa whilst waiting for people to come and view my house. Its cleaner than it was this morning, but not as clean as a non dog household would be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My daughters cousin is over from London, it's been a sad week or so for everyone due to a bereavement, so her friends have invited her to bring him out to there houses for "the authentic irish experience" :D
    They are going to teach him to drive a quad, tractor, ride a horse (hopefully not the ex racehorse) milk a cow, collect fresh eggs, and whatever else they can come up with!
    Just about to drop them off, I hope they don't break him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

After lots of requests (ok, only one request:D) to see Coco & Benson helping pluck apples off the tree I finally got them on camera. And only just in time, there's not many low hanging apples left!

I have no idea how to make the video appear on the screen so hopefully the link works!

http://youtu.be/xXZ4be_PZnw

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

That's comical!

Just spotted Tara chewing something in the garden, looked a bit odd so I went over to check it. She had managed to dig up a potato and was having a good chomp on it!

I took Felix to the vet for his booster this morning. I had to resort to cat nip to get him into a standing position on the sofa, they're on to me with the chicken and he was giving me the snake hisses. His weights gone up again.:( It's such a battle with his weight. I hate the idea of him potentially developing diabetes, joint problems or any of the awful problems that can accompany fat cats.

The problem is that in a multicat household it is very hard to control what he eats. We switched to the Bozita tins a few months ago so that he'd be eating less and feeling fuller on that. He's not the kind of cat that's really interested in play either. We've tried Da Bird, the mouse, undercover mouse, ball toys, dangly toys, the list goes on and on. Plus he's an indoor/outdoor cat who likes to visit with cat friendly neighbours who ignored the 'please don't feed me I'm on a special diet' tag.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Me and my bf were about to get into the car to go to the shops when we seen next doors dog escape. The gran was in minding the kids for the night and he managed to get out when she opened the door to some dogs trust people. We set off in the car and spent the best part of an hour trying to find him. Because we were in the carI had to jump out and run across the estate and grab him once we spotted him. He was a Springer and quite strong so I nearly lost him a few times trying to get him back to the car! Thank God he was very friendly!

Well that video did not disappoint lol!! I was intrigued when I heard about them doing that lol!!:D

I washed smelly girl's smelly head this evening - she was not impressed!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Nice of you to go after the dog, I've done it myself a few times for people. My fella would run too if he got a chance, but thankfully he only goes two doors up at the farthest. I'm down last but one on a narrow cul de sac, he just likes a chase and then comes back in, but it's a pain trying to catch him or herd him in, he has been known to run up into the neighbours house after her dog, right into the livingroom!
    I felt terrible at first when he did it, but they have a pup that comes into our house if she can, so don't feel so bad now.

Tk, my daughter was eating shepherds pie and beans on the sofa the other night, she was watching tv and some spilled off the side of the plate, little piggy Tiffi had to go clean the floor and she got some on her head. I only noticed the next morning when Tiffi got on my lap and I could smell dried in beans and shepherds pie! (I wasn't home when it happened, had to ask why dog smelled like dinner, took 10 mins to confess about eating on the sofa)

:pac: :pac: Bailey is driving my mum demented - sitting opposite her on his mat with a squinting/begging face on him lifting his paw up to her non stop grumbling at her! She already gave him so treats to see if it would stop him but it didn't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

SingItOut wrote: »
    I'm still ill and was up almost all night so I went up to the kitchen and Found out at 6am this morning that Alli can now open her crate door from the inside apparently, she was waltzing around the kitchen delighted with herself! She didn't destroy anything either so I might chance leaving her out tonight :)

Hope you're feeling better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

After lots of requests (ok, only one request:D) to see Coco & Benson helping pluck apples off the tree I finally got them on camera. And only just in time, there's not many low hanging apples left!

I have no idea how to make the video appear on the screen so hopefully the link works!

http://youtu.be/xXZ4be_PZnw

Thats lovely! Do they eat the apples?!?
    My apples & pears arent anywhere near ready to eat yet.
    Walked around the cross country in Punchestown this a.m - Ive never seen so many blackberries (not quite ready yet) but theres literally buckets loads of them if anyone looking for them!

Oh hope you're feeling better soon SingItOut!

Do dogs 'scent' each other?! The rottie's owner is telling everyone that's what Lucy is doing but I've never heard of it before in classes or...well anywhere!! Is she a bit of a bully do you think or is it ok because they're mutually flattening each other lol!! :p (Background noise from my friend yapping lol!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was having a bath this evening for the first time since my surgery cos I wasn't allowed with stitches in. Peach decided I needed supervision and sat on the laundry hamper watching me the whole time. It was quite unnerving! Anyone else have bathroom creeps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I was having a bath this evening for the first time since my surgery cos I wasn't allowed with stitches in. Peach decided I needed supervision and sat on the laundry hamper watching me the whole time. It was quite unnerving! Anyone else have bathroom creeps??

Blue likes to sit on the edge of the bath like a creep when I shower haha! I got this yesterday and thought of you :D20140913_150511_zps93f55967.jpg

I didn't realise Felix was on my husbands side of the bed this morning, so when I kicked off the duvet and turned over I accidentally kicked him:( Poor cat, I haven't forgiven myself yet and he hasn't forgiven me either. I tried to pet him and reassure him straight away and he gave me a warning that if I touched him he'd bite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

aonb wrote: »
    Thats lovely! Do they eat the apples?!?
    My apples & pears arent anywhere near ready to eat yet.
    Walked around the cross country in Punchestown this a.m - Ive never seen so many blackberries (not quite ready yet) but theres literally buckets loads of them if anyone looking for them!

The odd one gets nibbled, but as far as Coco is concerned, apples are just balls that grow on trees and should be thrown, not eaten! Benson has no heed in eating or throwing them at all! He just does it for the glory :pac:
    We have pears too and they get eaten a lot more as they're far sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

With all these threads on the huge spiders I am on edge! I only found two in the house over the summer and that was enough! They only seem to appear when I'm on my own. I haven't found any this month yet , hoping they stay out in the shed!

I was out yesterday and picked the dogs up two brand new coats, both €40 each reduced to €10 and €13! Alli's is a bit too big for her so I'll have to alter it a bit when their going for their walks in the colder weather

I hardly slept last night after the spider on my pillow!! >_<

Anyone any opinions on my video (for later on lol)

A beetle dropped on the sofa last night, just missing my head, I went to bed very soon after. We have loads of beetles at the moment, as well as spiders everywhere. And my dogs are useless at keeping me safe.

tk123 wrote: »
    Anyone any opinions on my video (for later on lol)

Which bit is she meant to be scenting in, when she sits on the other dog? I think they're just playing, and she got tired. What has the rottie got around its neck?

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    Which bit is she meant to be scenting in, when she sits on the other dog? I think they're just playing, and she got tired. What has the rottie got around its neck?

His muzzle for show lol!! :rolleyes: She sits on him or stands over him...but he does exactly the same to her. Yer man keeps telling everyone she's scenting him which just sounds bizarre? She'd play the same way with Bailey - one is lying down and one is doing all the bouncing around then they swap over. Dominance theory has been thrown about too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement