Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Harley is perfecting Jedi mind control!

Oliver does the same here sometimes, he has been known to lay on the arm of the sofa if one of us is being really stubborn, and he's a bit big for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

LMAO :pac: Bailey just gave himself a fright by farting lol!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    Haha BLM is broody for a pup!! :D

Just a little bit:D
    I've had pups here before, but this little lady is a character, and with that permanently happy Sammy face too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've been out and about this week putting up the Spay that Stray flyers for National Feral Cat week. I brought some into a local shop this morning and asked the woman in her late 20's/early 30's, if I could put 1 up. From the look on her face and the hesitant way she acted I knew that she thought 'spay' meant something bad and she asked me what 'spay' meant. I explained it to her and she very kindly put the notice up.

I knew that there was a real lack of awareness in Ireland, but until this morning I had no idea just how bad it is. It is so so important to get the message of spaying/neutering out to people so Feral Cat week is an ideal opportunity to do that. Feral Cat week runs from this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Probably should have put this in a new or different thread so mods move if needed, but does anyone know of any bricks and mortar stores or supermarkets that would sell a household flea spray such as Acclaim or Indorex? Particularly ones in Galway. Tried B&Q and Boots already but no luck.

The mutt has gotten his first ever flea infestation after spending a week being minded with a load of other dogs and cats and I'm woefully unprepared for it. I got him Stronghold yesterday morning but still finding live fleas. I've hot washed the bedding and towels etc. and vacuumed the entire place but am lacking in any kind of decent house spray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cocolola wrote: »
    Probably should have put this in a new or different thread so mods move if needed, but does anyone know of any bricks and mortar stores or supermarkets that would sell a household flea spray such as Acclaim or Indorex? Particularly ones in Galway. Tried B&Q and Boots already but no luck.

The mutt has gotten his first ever flea infestation after spending a week being minded with a load of other dogs and cats and I'm woefully unprepared for it. I got him Stronghold yesterday morning but still finding live fleas. I've hot washed the bedding and towels etc. and vacuumed the entire place but am lacking in any kind of decent house spray.

I've seen it sold in vets before, something like RIP flea spray or something like that, have you tried your vets?

I've seen it sold in vets before, something like RIP flea spray or something like that, have you tried your vets?

Ya they're out of stock until tomorrow so was just looking to see if I could pick something up this evening (and for cheaper if possible, €30 a can!)

I'll give a check in the pet store but I doubt they'll have anything other than that useless Bob Martin or Johnsons stuff.

Ya they're out of stock until tomorrow so was just looking to see if I could pick something up this evening (and for cheaper if possible, €30 a can!)

I'll give a check in the pet store but I doubt they'll have anything other than that useless Bob Martin or Johnsons stuff.

I saw it on Amazon earlier today for 14.40, that's in pounds but still cheaper. Something for future reference, 30 euro is scandalous:)

I saw it on Amazon earlier today for 14.40, that's in pounds but still cheaper. Something for future reference, 30 euro is scandalous:)

:( I know that vets are a business and need to make profits too but these kinds of differences are mental! Thanks, think I'll order some up to have.

God what a week!!! Both dogs on the mend thank god! Lucy's eye is still a tiny bit weepy but not gross and full of puss (or frankly.. smelly :eek:) like it was and the oedema seems to be getting lighter and shrinking. Bailey has been a bit quiet but definitely happier than he was and enjoying his really soupy meals. Both back in today for wound checks although since he was in on Tues Bailey is no longer obliging when you open his mouth to inspect his gum and clamps it shut when you go near him - it's like when you're trying to feed a baby who doesn't want to be fed lol!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was putting away the shopping with my Mam earlier and asked her should I throw out the shoe box she had, her reply: ''Oh no, I asked if I could keep it in case you do that secret santa thing again!'' I think she's starting to get in the Christmas mode already :D

So
    trip 1 to the vets - dog starts growling at Bailey, gets smacked...
    trip 2 with Lucy - guy comes in with a rottie cross barking the place down at everyone and yep she get's smacked too!!

I can't believe anyone would do that in a small room filled with other people?!?! Like FFS?!!

Anyways - Bailey was afraid and crying but Lucy was in her element - wooing, barked a couple of times and then a woman with kids came in and one of the kids kneeled beside her with her arm around her lol - Lucy was delighted with the attention and was giving the little girl her paw lol! :D ...Then she gave out to the vet wooing at her and grumbling - which sounds bad but it's great because she only does that to her favourites.

I'm tempted to bring them both at the same time next week instead of 2 separate appointments to see if Lucy relaxes Bailey at all - before I was worried that him stressing out might rub off on her but after today I wonder if she might help him?

Worth a try tk, does she make him more confident/relaxed in other situations?

mymo wrote: »
    Worth a try tk, does she make him more confident/relaxed in other situations?

I think so - he definitely more confident on walks... but i don't know how much of that is her and how much is the thyroid meds! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I've hot washed the bedding and towels etc. and vacuumed the entire place but am lacking in any kind of decent house spray.

There's Acclaim spray too, Cocolola. The environmental flea sprays don't require a prescription so if your own vet doesn't have one, you could try other vets or perhaps one of the chemists that carry veterinary products - Widdess'es on Roches Street or Jim Mc Cormack's on Upper William Street. Vets don't tend to carry much in the way of such stock (hence the inflated prices compared to online) because they can order it in and have it delivered for the client the following day, as needed.

tk123 wrote: »
    I think so - he definitely more confident on walks... but i don't know how much of that is her and how much is the thyroid meds! :confused:

Well she sounds pretty happy with vet, so I don't see you have much to loose, worth a try.

Well she sounds pretty happy with vet, so I don't see you have much to loose, worth a try.

Hehe as long as it's not packed I think it'll be ok - otherwise I'll be like stretch Armstrong with the two of them. :p

The next door neighbours arrived back pissed up at 4.45am with some pals. I didn't hear them as I had earplugs in, always do at weekends as it's pretty much a given that they'll wake us up. Felix woke me giving me little nippy kisses and climbing all over me. He gets freaked out because it's a terraced house and he can hear the voices so seems to think that there are invisible people in our house:mad:

9 teens arrived back from a party late last night and proceeded to watch movies until 6.15am. So I feel your pain pumpkinseeds, I had to shut dogs and cats in my room with me!

I made them get up and clean up at 9 (they were still awake), which they did, and made us all pancakes!
    I shouldn't complain, they were pretty good and all came home seemingly sober, and were gone by 1pm, good bunch really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My idiot neighbor lets her 10 year old child go around the housing estate with her yorkie cross dog on her own. Today the 10yo was going around carrying a one year old baby accompanied by her friend who couldn't be older than 8years old. Her dog ran into our front garden, Alli and moone are gated in at the back but have full view of the front so of course they started barking when the dog came to the gate barking and growling at them. But it escalated into a full blown fight between Alli and Moone, I managed to get them apart with the sweeping brush. This is the second time this week that it's happened, Alli had a bloody lip the last time :(

I'm going to ask the vet to give them both a check over as their due their vaccinations anyways, a couple of people have said it may be the weather (their both afraid of thunder) that's setting them off but I'd rather get it checked properly. It's really upsetting not to mention scary seeing them fight like that :( I will also be paying my neighbor another visit as it's driving me up the wall at this stage!

• Advertisement

We had thunder here earlier and no drama with the dogs...but i was feeling lazy and used it as an excuse not to go for an evening walk and now they're both fast asleep! Do I wake them or leave them - I can never decide!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I tried to post in here earlier saying I had dropped some food in to the cat adoption day in my local pet store and was considering adopting one of the kittens and needed to be talked out of it. My reception went and it didn't post And....I'm now the proud owner of a new kitten :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Hope your two are OK, singitout! Funnily enough Poppy and Roisin had two full blown fights this week too! Over stupid things as well. Fairly terrifying when they start, especially since they're inseparable the rest of the time.
    My OH got caught in the crossfire for the first one and has a huge bruise on his arm now.

Congrats on the new arrival sarrannewrap! Pics? :-D

Hope your two are OK, singitout! Funnily enough Poppy and Roisin had two full blown fights this week too! Over stupid things as well. Fairly terrifying when they start, especially since they're inseparable the rest of the time.
    My OH got caught in the crossfire for the first one and has a huge bruise on his arm now.

Will post some later :) she's running around like a mad thing exploring. She's a beautiful little tortoiseshell. I stupidly asked to hold her and she started purring away and I was in love haha. Someone apparently dumped her and her brother outside the pet store in a box a few weeks ago :( the guys from the pet store and been fostering her. Her brother got adopted today too!

Maybe it's the Supermoon this week that's unsettling so many animals. Felix is all restless and irritable this week.

>_< Just spent ages trying to rinse Bailey's mouth. Ended up bribing him with banana until I was able to trick him - more of the stuff went on the floor than in his mouth! :rolleyes:

Damn sarrannewrap, if I knew you were that soft I'd have pm'd you cute pics of the ones I have here!
    :p

Damn sarrannewrap, if I knew you were that soft I'd have pm'd you cute pics of the ones I have here!
    :p

I SWORE I was never getting another one :pac: I really had no intention of getting one when I went it. I had to borrow a case from the foster to take her home in! This is definitely the last one. Since she's the 3rd girl my bf has started to refer to them collectively as atomic kitten haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli and moone have been fine all day today thankfully! Both cuddled up on my bed together, strange pair they are :) I think it's because Alli gets overly excited and barks, Moones not a fan of hyper dogs!

• Advertisement

My husband went back to work this morning after a week off, he's Felix's person and Felix is being an absolute swine now, he hates any kind of change of routine. He was on the bed with me this morning when Jazzy jumped up on the bed he went for him. He's settled now but he'll kick off again tonight when Mr P gets home from work, just to show off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement