Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:D Really looking forward to it!! The one last year was like no class we've ever been to - just fantastic and as always the organisation in PDT was fantastic too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

She's eating bits of her normal food now the metacam has kicked in, no more sea bass for her :P TK she's named after the Nintendo character, cream was named to match her :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Washed the puppies earlier and they've seriously got the hots for each other all evening :pac:

TK she's named after the Nintendo character, cream was named to match her :P

:pac: It's the done thing to give servers "cool names" where I work - I name all mine after Nintendo characters lol e.g. Koopa, Goomba, Peach, Kirby :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

She's eating bits of her normal food now the metacam has kicked in, no more sea bass for her :P TK she's named after the Nintendo character, cream was named to match her :P
    Poor Peach hope she's on the mend x I hope cream is being a good bro and grooming her since she's not able!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There's been an Autumn coloured tabby around our house a few times lately. He/she was asleep on the roof of the cat kennel when I came down at 8am. Puss dashed into next doors garden when I opened the front door, then sat looking at me sleepily. Jazzy was sniffing all around the pet fountain in the kitchen after that, so puss may have been in the kitchen at some point.

I'm not sure if puss is a neighbours cat, most of them aren't pet people. So we'll have to keep an eye on him/her and see if it's homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Found a kitten today near my mams house. Don't know much about cats but maybe around 8-10 weeks old. She was just sitting in the middle of the road, her eyes are shut with the amount of discharge from flu. Going to get kitten milk and food for her and bring to vet tomorrrow. People are assholes.

toadfly wrote: »
    Found a kitten today near my mams house. Don't know much about cats but maybe around 8-10 weeks old. She was just sitting in the middle of the road, her eyes are shut with the amount of discharge from flu. Going to get kitten milk and food for her and bring to vet tomorrrow. People are assholes.

Well done, hopefully there weren't anymore of the litter abandoned nearby. There's a lot of arseholes dumping kittens:mad:

Well done, hopefully there weren't anymore of the litter abandoned nearby. There's a lot of arseholes dumping kittens:mad:

That's that I thought but couldn't find any. She hasnt eaten anything but I did get her eyes cleaned up a good bit. One is clear now but still shut. Could it be like that from birth?

That's that I thought but couldn't find any. She hasnt eaten anything but I did get her eyes cleaned up a good bit. One is clear now but still shut. Could it be like that from birth?

I haven't much of a clue about kittens, most of our cats have been adult strays when they showed up and moved in. You'll know more when puddy cat has been to the vet. Poor little thing. Maybe warm up the food in the microwave, just to a lukewarm temperature. If the kittens nose is stuffy it probably can't smell the food and if it can't smell the food it won't eat. Heating it will make it smell stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

When I took in my stray he had a bad flu and wouldn't eat.
    I went to boots and got a syringe to feed him with, think they're only about 10c if you ask at the pharmacy part. I fed him a meat based baby food and also syringed him water and cat milk.
    Cleaned his eyes and nose with cotton buds/wool with warm water. We also kept him in the bathroom and I think the steam crib the shower also help clear the airways (he was so caught up). After about 2 days he was (and still is!) flying it.

Good luck with the little one.

Thanks for the advice, I have a syringe and will try and get some food/milk/water into him. Poor pet, so friendly as well. He'll be ok hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Saw the photo's on facebook. Poor kitten hope he's feeling better today!

nala2012 wrote: »
    Saw the photo's on facebook. Poor kitten hope he's feeling better today!

Such a happy kitten, cleaned and feed him this morning. Going to vet shortly, they said they will probably have to keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone on this page work in the legal sector by any chance? Its not dog related.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Bunty was in the vets this evening, still don't know what's wrong with her. She's only 3.8kg, that's about a kilo she's lost :( Bloods came back normal, said she thought she could hear a bit of fluid on her lungs but her heart was fine, bladder a little small and no lumps or bumps in her abdomen. She's on ab's until friday and we'l see then. She said it could be another bout of FLUTD or it could be coming from her teeth, she has to get over this before they'll go ahead with the dental. She's at home feeling sorry for herself with a bald neck, I bought more chicken strips and turkey to try and put some meat on her. No vomiting since saturday anyways thankfully.

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Bunty was in the vets this evening, still don't know what's wrong with her. She's only 3.8kg, that's about a kilo she's lost :( Bloods came back normal, said she thought she could hear a bit of fluid on her lungs but her heart was fine, bladder a little small and no lumps or bumps in her abdomen. She's on ab's until friday and we'l see then. She said it could be another bout of FLUTD or it could be coming from her teeth, she has to get over this before they'll go ahead with the dental. She's at home feeling sorry for herself with a bald neck, I bought more chicken strips and turkey to try and put some meat on her. No vomiting since saturday anyways thankfully.

Ahh, poor Bunty, hope she's better soon.

Get well soon Bunty! I've always loved that name btw :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My guinea pigs Winnie and Mojo are getting so much more relaxed and tame now.. have them just over a month..

They have such different personalities, it's so funny..

Mojo's really chilled and takes it all in his stride and Winnie's just a nut!!!

For example.. Feeding..

Mojo:
    Hmmmmm....What's this?.... bit of food is it?...... Yeah...... ah sure...... I'll have a look
    and Mozies on over for a look..

Winnie:
    OMG FOOOOOD!!!! It's Food Food Food FoodFoodFoodFood
    and darts around like a headless chicken.

Polar opposites.. but they're best pals :D love them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

tk123 wrote: »
    Get well soon Bunty! I've always loved that name btw :p

She had stumpy wee legs as a kitten so I think that's why she was named bunty, it suited her so I couldn't change it. Iv heard since that some people use bunty as an insulting term :P

• Advertisement

Cinnamon threw a doozy of a tantrum this morning.
    Had the dogs in bed with me and Cinnamon started jumping at the door handle to come in. Grand, I let her in. She decided to climb on top of the dresser and push everything off, bit by bit. Perfume, off. Make up, off. Hairspray, off. Howling the entire time like the lunatic that she is.

Turns out she wanted more biscuits than the half full bowl she already had :pac:. Cats!!

Max's (possible) litter mate came to visit us yesterday. (S)he used to get around with Max before he moved in and still comes by a few times a week to see him. I think one of the other neighbours took her in, she usually wears a collar but wasn't yesterday. But she let me pat her for the first time and looooooves the belly rubs like her brother.

so4qs7.jpg

Felix is very like that Honer. It starts most mornings at stupid o'clock, with him giving me lots of purry little kissy nips on the arms, then it's on to scratching the headboard, when that fails it's time to knock everything possible off the bedside table. It's almost always me that gets up, they don't bother with Mr P.

The real kicker is when instead of heading for the kitchen for food, he just goes to the front door to be let out, grr, they have a cat flap:(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I found out last night that Vince has won our county's round of Nose of Tralee. We are now waiting for his sash to arrive in the post and then take a photo for him to go forward to the final. I think its brilliant considering he only has half a nose ;)

Toby is being a little tease today. He keeps snuggling his head up to me, showing me his tummy and stretching out his front paws for a cuddle. The thing is it's a typical puddy cat honey trap, he then gets the 'I kind of want you to rub my tummy, but I kinda want to bite you too' thing going on:)

So we're in the park and one of the dogs starts limping and holding up her paw. My friend lifted up her paw and I pluck to what I thought was grass seed from the meadow... no it was a wasp!! I touched a wasp!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

We have surmised that we have the most dysfunctional cat family around. One is incontinent, one possibly has FIV, and one is schizophrenic (okay not actually diagnosed but he has all the symptoms of feline hyperaesthesia except seizures!). I love my dysfunctional cat family :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Don't get me started on dysfunctional pets!

Oliver tried to move into someone's tent at the river this evening, he's afraid of ducks, eats salad, and is a compulsive thief.
    Tiffi is a lazy bitch who is either snoozing or acting cute, or thinking she's a cat (she's destroyed more cat toys than the actual cats, and plays with them more)

One drooly purr monster cat, one homicidal, and one shouty cat that screams at me to get out of the shower in the mornings!

Oh and two kittens at the mo, one mad as a hatter that just runs everywhere, her sister is a growling ball of fluff that wants to kill everyone!

Started a thread on this but nobody replied yet... Bailey has a weird bruise/lump on his gum covering the small tooth beside the canine.. Why it always out of hours/ a day when our vet is off that stuff like this happens? Don't even know if he needs to go to the vet - I was planning on getting him a bigger Thundershirt so will have to try and get one tomorrow just in case! gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

One of my friends has a 24 year old collie called ruddie (nicknamed gandalf because of his age!) we got talking about him today and he sent me a picture of ruddie munching on some chocolate biscuit cake from a party at the weekend! He's 24 he can do what he wants at this stage! He's pretty much blind and deaf but his nose obviously still works :D

• Advertisement

Came up to bed this evening, my OH stayed downstairs doing bits. Was about to hop into bed when I realised all 4 little furbabies had followed me up! Feel kind of bad for my OH, not a one stayed down there to keep him company :pac: :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement