Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

They hate the wood pellets and since we got it Toby has started peeing in the wood chip in the garden. At the moment we've got the Thomas litter as a stop gap but they don't really like it. I've got biokat in Poppys tray as she's small and needs something light. I might try the Cats best Oko litter.
    Felix took to peeing in the lilac shrub I was growing in a big container and the urine killed it, I don't want to loose the rest of the plants:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I HATE wood pellets, they don't clump and stink...a really musty mouldy smell. I've always used Lidls cat litter and Beanie never had a problem. Tried the wood pellets with Eddie and while he was fine using it, I thought the smell was disgusting. :eek: Back to Lidls best...cheap,clumps fine and he has no problem with the changover either.

I didn't think of the Lidl stuff, I'll give that one a go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I used to use the lidl stuff but found it tracked awfully around the house, my guys are happy with wood pellets, I find that there isn't much of a smell if them when using a hooded tray but they stink in a normal tray!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

That's the downside of the wooden pellets - you need to change them out after only a few widdles! :D

Never liked the clay stuff 'cos it's harder to remove once wet, and it makes a feck of the bottom litter tray forever.

(Yes, these things matter!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Maxi Zoo sell one that smells of baby powder :)

Is that Pura? That's what my friend uses for her cats - great stuff but she spends a fortune on it with eight cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Never found the pellets smelly, but we have two covered trays only one open, and I rake out the pellets and dump the rest twice a week when kittens or confined cats using them.
    Resident two oldier cats (12 and about 10years) rarely use a tray, Mouse used them mostly.

I think I'm gonna start a thread on this. Gas, seeing all the variations. I'm really interested in what everyone uses and how often they clean it out etc.:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

boomerang wrote: »
    Is that Pura? That's what my friend uses for her cats - great stuff but she spends a fortune on it with eight cats!

I don't think so, it has pink on the packaging. lol Thats all I know, don't use litter trays in this house, so haven't bought it, but always like to open the sample jar and have a few sniffs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LOL muddypaws!

I'm really fastidious about litter trays - think it's the height of slovenliness to leave a tray sitting there dirty, yok.

(Not aimed at anyone in this thread - just pointing out how anal I am about litter trays, no pun intended, lol!)

Boomerang I agree, poops are scoped as soon as seen, good clean out twice a week (or more if required by number of cats/kittens).

I use mats under the trays too, removes any excess litter in those little paws.
    Hoover the mats as needed, wash once a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

tk123 wrote: »

:eek: ~€20 for 15kg....WOW!

I put a poll up there TK, would love to see peoples opinions on this, because it' gonna take me a lot of persuasion to stop me buying Lidls and I am DEFINITELY open to suggestions.

Since we're going off topic from cat litter :P I'm sending off the entry for Dude's first show tomorrow, excitement!! I'm retiring Peach and Cream so I'm hoping that Dude will like the show scene :D

Awww, champions retiring, have you told them?
    Hope they got a good pension plan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh poor Peach and Cream, hope they don't get jealous when Dude starts coming home with loads of trophys! I know nothing about cats (just like them) but to me he looks like a winner, he has the cutest little face.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

anniehoo wrote: »
    :eek: ~€20 for 15kg....WOW!

I put a poll up there TK, would love to see peoples opinions on this, because it' gonna take me a lot of persuasion to stop me buying Lidls and I am DEFINITELY open to suggestions.

I know seems pricey - I don't think it was that dear when I was getting it years ago! :P

mymo wrote: »
    Awww, champions retiring, have you told them?
    Hope they got a good pension plan ;)

I told them last night, Cream is delighted, Peach didn't care :P They are still going to go to the show in Limerick because it's so close to me, and Peach has to return her trophy, but Dude is the only one we shall be travelling with, way to expensive to bring 3 cats to Dublin!! As for the pension plan, they made me sign a contract that they have to be given applaws wet food at least once a month :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I told them last night, Cream is delighted, Peach didn't care :P They are still going to go to the show in Limerick because it's so close to me, and Peach has to return her trophy, but Dude is the only one we shall be travelling with, way to expensive to bring 3 cats to Dublin!! As for the pension plan, they made me sign a contract that they have to be given applaws wet food at least once a month :P

I'm entering my two into it for the craic :D

• Advertisement

Made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My dog usually doesn't eat all his food, eats about 60% and snacks on it the rest of the night/day but these past few nights he's been eating it all in one go, been much more hungry than usual, anyone else notice it with their dogs?

The change in the weather, maybe?

Outdoor animals (cats, dogs) tend to look for more food as autumn and then winter creeps in.

I'm entering my two into it for the craic :D

Oh brilliant :D Always nice to see more household pets being entered, I'm going to the pet expo in November to promote showing household pets cos it's so fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

boomerang wrote: »
    The change in the weather, maybe?

Outdoor animals (cats, dogs) tend to look for more food as autumn and then winter creeps in.

Apart from his daily walk and bathroom breaks he's never outside, prefers to stay close to us, or unless he hears hedgehogs outside

Poppy is wrecking my head with the loud meowing this time most nights. I love her to bits and we play with her lots and sit with her for minimum half hour sessions 6 or 7 time throughout the day and up until we go to bed. She's got lots of toys and I leave the radio on low for her. We let Toby in to meet her properly today and it went fine. She sat on her blanket in the window while he investigated the room and ate her food, then used her litter box:rolleyes:

I'm getting worried as she's very touchy about her tummy and she's eating like a horse, I am so so hoping that she isn't pregnant. We'll know on Thursday as she's booked in for spay, vaccinations and microchipping. Fingers crossed that she's not preggers or there'll be 2 nervous breakdowns in our house:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Oh brilliant :D Always nice to see more household pets being entered, I'm going to the pet expo in November to promote showing household pets cos it's so fun :D

Yeah it seems fun thats why im going! and to look at all the pretty kittys haha :D

Sarannewrap, saw the pic of your two in the boxes, winners for sure!
    Beautiful kitties.
    I'd love to go to, my daughter wanted to go to the dublin one, but not sure if our oldies would like such a long day. Both would love the attention, but neither travel well, dublins a bit far.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Busy and expensive time for the doggies at the minute. Had Tara at the vet yesterday to get her glands done and unfortunately for her one was a little infected. she was so not impressed having to firstly suffer the indignity:D and then have to have a couple of injections.

She is also off to get microchipped on friday, thankfully managed to get one of the free ones.

Rusty has been booked into the groomers for next week, he will hate me for at least a week - he hates being groomed:o

Will post before and after photos - he always looks like a different dog when he comes home:eek:

• Advertisement

We brought Felix in to meet Poppy last night. He was really shy about going into her room for some reason, but came in eventually. All was going fine for a few minutes til she jumped down from the window ledge, came over and gave him an almighty hiss in the face. All 2.5/3 kilos of her to his 8.something scary or other kilos. Poor chap hissed back at her and reversed out the door:D

They had another good hiss at each other through the gate on the door this morning. I wonder if it's because he's the top male cat and she's a female? Toby seems to like her though and she doesn't mind him going into the room while one of us is there too. Jazzy is still too shy to go in the room but she doesn't seem bothered by him, maybe because his scent is all over the room, it's his room really and he wants it back:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement