Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It doesn't help that they move so fast either, you only have to twitch with a nervous cat for them to do a runner:D Madam seems quite happy upstairs, my husband is totally smitten with her. We try to have half hour sessions with her throughout the day and evening to stop her getting too bored.

Hopefully the pet gates we ordered will arrive this week and she'll be able to see her big 'brothers'. He's looking very healthy thanks to the food you're giving him:)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Saw a hedgehog in our garden last night was so happy to see one. It's been years since i last saw one and this guy was huge! Am gonna keep an eye out for him now i know they're around. We also had a wild rabbit move in a few weeks ago. He's so cheeky he comes out when the dogs are in they're pen and goes right up and goes to the toilet in front of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

So my guess was right and Sylbs is most definitely a male. He sat at the window this morning and cleaned himself in that oh so classy way that cats do, legs spread with one leg sticking straight up so I took the opportunity to sneak a peak... on my hands and knees and all :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Stung!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

tk123 wrote: »
    Stung!

Good God your dog is beautiful:D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

BBC2 now

maggiepip wrote: »
    Good God your dog is beautiful:D!

Ah my baba! Her face swelled up and eyes went all puffy! We didn't see her get stung BUT somebody I know had a dog who got a reaction to the powder inside some tennis ball toys after she chewed them up...bold Lucy burst Bailey's football so possibly that was it?! It didn't happen straight away, she burst the ball and an hour later she was with my mum and went mad rubbing her eyes and running around.. Vet gave her a steroid shot to stop her swelling anymore and it's stating to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Has anyone noticed their pets appetites increasing with the cold weather? My 3 are like savages, I just can't seem to fill cream!

Has anyone noticed their pets appetites increasing with the cold weather? My 3 are like savages, I just can't seem to fill cream!
    It's always like that in our house:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I have a reputation locally I know, as the mad dog woman. Was giving Zebo a short walk today, and Baggy my black cat came along, as he tends to do. A local farmer drove past us, Baggy ran into a field (which I'm really pleased about, didn't know if he was road savvy or not, as we don't much traffic here) and Zebo and I were on the other side of the road. Farmer looked at us, looked across at Baggy, back at us. Mad dog woman walking 3 legged husky and cat, I can imagine the chat down the pub tonight.

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    I have a reputation locally I know, as the mad dog woman.

Yep - somebody even got a shot of your trolley from last time you were at Tescos and put in online! ;):pac:

272682.jpg

Our 3 furry terrors met their new sister last night. My word she can make some scary noises when she wants to:D None of them was aggressive with her. Toby and Felix seem fascinated by her and Felix doesn't really seem that interested, he had a wide eyed shocked expression when he saw her through the pet gate, then headed back downstairs.

We got a tall pet gate that my husband attached a sheet of wire to in case she squeezed through the bars and a portable canvas pet gate for the upper part of the door in case any of them decided to climb over. So far it's working well and we can shut the door when we go to bed, otherwise she calls us, very loudly:rolleyes:

It's nice for her to be able to look out of the room and for the 4 of them to get to know each other from a safe distance on either side of the pet gate so nobody gets hurt.

GAH! Just GAH @ stinky runny puppy poo. Think Lucy may have to retire from daycare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

GAH! Just GAH @ stinky runny puppy poo. Think Lucy may have to retire from daycare :(

Have you asked them to stop giving her food? If you have I wouldn't be happy at all to still be having problems.

Whispered wrote: »
    Have you asked them to stop giving her food? If you have I wouldn't be happy at all to still be having problems.

That's the thing they're not giving it to her even as treats (supposedly) - this is just from bits of it she's picking up off the floor! Everyone I know who sends dogs there has said they have bad poo after and Bailey was the same but this is a hose and scrubbing brush job. She loves it but don't think it's fair on her if this is what happens? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That's the thing they're not giving it to her even as treats (supposedly) - this is just from bits of it she's picking up off the floor! Everyone I know who sends dogs there has said they have bad poo after and Bailey was the same but this is a hose and scrubbing brush job. She loves it but don't think it's fair on her if this is what happens? :(

I don't think it's fair on her, but I don't think it's fair for you to have to worry about it. Maybe a dog walker or a daycare who doesn't use treats would suit better? How is Bailey getting on in daycare now?

Whispered wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair on her, but I don't think it's fair for you to have to worry about it. Maybe a dog walker or a daycare who doesn't use treats would suit better? How is Bailey getting on in daycare now?

I agree tbh :( I've had to skip her evening meal now to give her tummy a chance to recover which is a pain (for both of us lol) when I'm trying to put weight on her :mad: Bailey hasn't been back - didn't think it was fair on him when he was so stressed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Was at Maxi Zoo today with some of our kittens for adoption.

It was too warm to leave Josie in the van, so she came in with me for a little R&R. She had a ball! Lots of rubs from kids, a sheet of vet bed to lie on and lots of treats. She was in her element!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh WOW Boomerang, she's gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Oh she is absolutely stunning!! I was offered a grey on my last placement but couldn't risk him around my cats as he was an ex courser, would love to get one someday!

• Advertisement

hehe Lucy was weeing today out on a walk and I praised her..i don't know why lol - I thought she was going on strike but relieved to see she was stopping for a reason... Anyhoos some aul wan passing asks me am I going to clean it up -told her she'd peed and that I had two bags of poo I'd been carrying around for the last hour that welcome to look at if she wanted proof I tidy up after my dogs! LOL :D First time that's happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

DBB wrote: »
    Oh WOW Boomerang, she's gorgeous!

I'll see that Wow and raise you a Zoweeeee!!! What a corker she is!

Boomerang she is a fabulous looking dog.

Yerra, she's alright! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Watched the first half of the match in the dog room and scared most of the dogs with my shouting and leaping about, then moved to the 'non dog' room for the second half, with 3 dogs and a cat in it, and managed to do the same there. You'd think they'd be used to it by now

I ordered cat litter from Tesco a few days ago, the dearer one thats supposed to be lightweight and low dust. Of course they didn't say on the Tesco page or on the packaging for that matter, that its scented. 40 litres I ordered and my cats won't use it since its scented, now I'm going to have to see if I can get them to take it back. I already had to bin the 10 litre bag I put in their litter tray, it's enormous and takes a good 10 litres minimum of litter.

The best litter we had was Worlds best but it's just too expensive for us these days, the cheapest I've seen it is 50 odd pounds sterling for 25 litres, which is going nowhere with 4 cats and several litter trays.

OMG I'm so happy.. Lucy has been stinking the room out, so brought her out to the loo and peeked through my fingers as she 'got busy' afraid of what was going to come out and how would I get it cleaned up before Downtown Abbey...The poops bounced off the ground - back to normal at last! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Pumpkinseeds, have you tried the wood pellet litter?
    Every cat/kitten we've had through the house use it, and one here is very fussy, it's unscented, and cheap!
    Big pink bag is about €16 in maxizoo. (20ltr multifit)

Or even better mymo, go to your local fuel merchant and buy a bag of wood pellets for stoves - same sized bag (or even slightly heavier, IIRC) for about €6 or €7! And it's the very same thing!

• Advertisement

My cat didn't take to pellets at all - iirc he found an alternative place to wee! I used to get ours on zooplus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement