Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is how NOT to be a bouncer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

"Police said the victim told them that the attack happened on May 25. The victim said he didn't report the incident because he was afraid the bouncers will come after him. Police said they found that the bouncer, 35-year-old Easton Byfield, of Oxford, filed a report on May 25 stating that the victim assaulted him. Detectives said they arrested Byfield last Friday and charged him with assault and battery, kidnapping, unarmed robbery and filing a false police report." - thebostonchannel.com

Pretty serious charges. Big, black, caught on tape... he'll do a long stretch.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I know a lot of people presume that its all Keyboard warrior Stuff when People Like Crazyrabbit talk about fighting back, but Believe it or Not, some people do actually stand up for themselves, I'm another one, I have been in situations not dissimmilar to that where Bouncers have cornered me and attempted to intimidate me because they Just didnt like the look of me ( try being a Long haired foreigner of Questionable Sexuality in the Outback) and I fought back

Cracked 3 Ribs that night, only one of them was mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Would have been class if your man fought back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

the fight back syndrome, the bouncer doesn't know you and is unaware of your potential... and is just as worried that he has a black belt fifth dan crazie in front of him.
    The first punch usually dictates the outcome....if it commects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Only real options he had.

1. Scream FIRE repeatedly at the top of his voice and hope someone comes to investigate. Someone might hear although it was a noisy club.

2. Go for the jugular and the groin, but given his condition probably end up with serious head injuries/death.

3. Take his beating and humiliation, wait for the happy slap video to go viral, and sue the 2 bastards and the club for muchos dollaros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

@fulhamfanincork , yes...some anger issues when younger. I'm really quite mellow now..most of the time.
    And of those 50+ fights, I never went looking for them. I just grew up in a bad area, and was mercilessly picked on because I'm somewhat eccentric and different.

Oh that's fair enough I suppose but 50 fights still is fairly high. That's more than proffesional boxers like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I know a lot of people presume that its all Keyboard warrior Stuff when People Like Crazyrabbit talk about fighting back, but Believe it or Not, some people do actually stand up for themselves, I'm another one, I have been in situations not dissimmilar to that where Bouncers have cornered me and attempted to intimidate me because they Just didnt like the look of me ( try being a Long haired foreigner of Questionable Sexuality in the Outback) and I fought back

Cracked 3 Ribs that night, only one of them was mine

We should hang out. At least then we'd have better odds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Goose81

5'7 and 10 stone.

But size difference has never stopped me before. When I'm pissed off enough, I become fearless/stupid. Logic goes out the window.

5'7 and 10 stone,are you having a laugh?
    A bird that height probably weighs more than that,you would be killed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

original vid down. this one will probably be taken down soon too. can be found without audio track as thats why youtube are taking it down

http://www.telegram.com/article/20110220/NEWS/110229977/0/BUSINESS

"According to police scanner reports last night, Mr. Byfield called police and said he was having problems with harassing telephone calls"

wonder who that was :pac:

Fat heap of shiit..he punches like a bitch too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

If that was me i'd be exactly like that young lad, i'd keep my mouth shut and take the punches, im a big guy too but i wouldnt have the balls to do anything. The only thing is ive been known to see red from time to time in my life (always the quiet ones) and i think i'd find it hard to keep a logical head if i was getting punched in it.

• Advertisement

Goose81 wrote: »
    5'7 and 10 stone,are you having a laugh?
    A bird that height probably weighs more than that,you would be killed.

I see you are another that is quick to judge others even though you know next to nothing about them.

I'm fast (well, I was...getting old now), and I don't panic/freeze up in such situations. I've also little fear of getting hurt, and don't hold back. My goal is not to simply defend myself, but to tear the other guy apart. If forced into a confrontational situation, I have no hesitation in clawing someone's eyes out, using nearby implements to beat them, or otherwise permanently injuring them. They way I see it, they lose the right to their health/life the moment they choose to attack me. A little extreme perhaps, but I've learned to quickly even the odds in fights...or gain the advantage.

Doesn't matter how small someone is, or how big their opponent is...everyone has the same weak points (neck, eyes etc). With speed and skill, you can do serious damage to just about anyone.

I should also remind you that Bruce Lee was 5'7" and at one point weighed just over 9 stone (Note: I'm not in any way comparing myself to him...his little finger could beat me).

Edit: I think I came across as some crazed nutter that goes around picking fights. I don't. I'm a very mellow guy and avoid confrontation. I just don't walk away when it happens. Perhaps a character flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Jesus it was disturbing when he asked him if he'd ever been hit with a hammer. The guy tries to play cool going on how he got hit in the hand doin some work. Wow! Glad he's going to get done for this. Scumbag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I see you are another that is quick to judge others even though you know next to nothing about them.

I'm fast (well, I was...getting old now), and I don't panic/freeze up in such situations. I've also little fear of getting hurt, and don't hold back. My goal is not to simply defend myself, but to tear the other guy apart. If forced into a confrontational situation, I have no hesitation in clawing someone's eyes out, using nearby implements to beat them, or otherwise permanently injuring them. They way I see it, they lose the right to their health/life the moment they choose to attack me. A little extreme perhaps, but I've learned to quickly even the odds in fights...or gain the advantage.

Doesn't matter how small someone is, or how big their opponent is...everyone has the same weak points (neck, eyes etc). With speed and skill, you can do serious damage to just about anyone.

I should also remind you that Bruce Lee was 5'7" and at one point weighed just over 9 stone (Note: I'm not in any way comparing myself to him...his little finger could beat me).

Edit: I think I came across as some crazed nutter that goes around picking fights. I don't. I'm a very mellow guy and avoid confrontation. I just don't walk away when it happens. Perhaps a character flaw.
    You sound like a lovely person :eek:

If you really do act like that in fights, then theres a good chance you good be seriously injured or killed in the future as you could get very violent against a trained fighter or someone with a weapon.

Mate, Ive been in a few fights myself over time, but since being a fairly tall and bulky guy (I dont have massive muscles or anything) and having played rugby since I was young and having done a course in self defense a few years ago, all I do is tackle the guy to the ground quickly, and hold him down until someone calms him down, and throw a few verbal insults at them also, unless they get violent like what your describing, which has only happened me once. Both of us were dragged away with bloody faces and cuts. I don't get satisfaction from having fights and turning violent. Maybe you do though.
    I have no hesitation in clawing someone's eyes out, using nearby implements to beat them, or otherwise permanently injuring them.
    A friend of mine got kicked around by a over the top scumbag who left a permanent scar on his face, so lad, I think you need to be taken down a peg or 2, as I don't think your as tough or as capable of doing that as you think you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

:eek:

It'd be class if you were a priest, who went about beating his parishners for sins etc.

Oh the imaery is hilarious

I dont doubt you would try to do something,I am saying you would be destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Accordingly the black guy on cam is the manager and not the bouncer. But doesnt matter. Either way he is a total wan*er.

Watch it again.
    Watch after at least 5 mins talking to the guy, the manager only then proceeds to cheap shot him after he has him sussed out to be a guy who isnt going to fight back. Let alone he had backup of the camera man (aka a bouncer no doubt) ... a real hard man huh :rolleyes:

I know I am getting a bit passionite here but that black guy is a total pus*y. Fair enough going in with a bouncer as backup, after all that guy could of been carrying a knife, but playing with that guys phone WANTING him to grab it back so he can get all "hard" and both of them beat him up? ... then when your man doesnt and also showing he is timid to the situation the fat wimp of a person strikes then :rolleyes:

Question, if it was some mean looking big dude instead? do you think he would of acted the same way? no. hell no he wouldnt off.

Facts are, we really dont know if that guy was selling drugs. If he was... being roughed and beaten up by bouncers comes with it. The white guy chose the risks. But above everything else, that manager is scum himself.

You sound like a lovely person :eek:

If you really do act like that in fights, then theres a good chance you good be seriously injured or killed in the future as you could get very violent against a trained fighter or someone with a weapon.

Mate, Ive been in a few fights myself over time, but since being a fairly tall and bulky guy (I dont have massive muscles or anything) and having played rugby since I was young and having done a course in self defense a few years ago, all I do is tackle the guy to the ground quickly, and hold him down until someone calms him down, and throw a few verbal insults at them also, unless they get violent like what your describing, which has only happened me once. Both of us were dragged away with bloody faces and cuts. I don't get satisfaction from having fights and turning violent. Maybe you do though.

A friend of mine got kicked around by a over the top scumbag who left a permanent scar on his face, so lad, I think you need to be taken down a peg or 2, as I don't think your as tough or as capable of doing that as you think you are.

I'm a perfectly nice, decent & calm guy. Quite a few people from boards know me and can a attest to that. I'm not some scumbag who goes out to hurt people, looking for fights etc. I don't need to be taken down a peg or two. I also don't claim to be a great fighter in any way. I'm just an average guy who got tired of being beaten up and decided it's best to fight back. Physically injuries heal quicker than the mental scars caused by allowing yourself to be beaten up without resistance.

All I am saying is that if attacked, I will not back down, and will fight with everything I've got and do whatever is needed to even the odds. What the hell is wrong with that? Is it morally wrong to stand up for yourself when bullied/attacked? Is there some unwritten rule about not seriously injuring scumbags who attack you for no reason? Hell no!

And for the record, I detest fighting. I don't even like watching wrestling or boxing as I see it as macho bull****.

That's quite probable. Never said I was Rocky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

All I am saying is that if attacked, I will not back down, and will fight with everything I've got and do whatever is needed to even the odds. What the hell is wrong with that? Is it morally wrong to stand up for yourself when bullied/attacked? Is there some unwritten rule about not seriously injuring scumbags who attack you for no reason? Hell no!

Agree.
    If there's even a semblence of someone trying to bully you or anyone else, mentally or physically, then the best course of action is to nip it in the bud IMMEDIATELY. A lot of the time there is no need for violence. Simply standing up for yourself in a situation diffuses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Does anyone have a link to the video?

The Youtube one's are gone.

Actually, here it is

http://worldstarhiphop.com/...N9Z50LrzRWY6tZV

Absolute scumbags. Hope they get locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Clanket wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to the video?

The Youtube one's are gone.

Actually, here it is

http://worldstarhiphop.com/N9Z50LrzRWY6tZV

Absolute scumbags. Hope they get locked up
    Link not working there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I dont know crazy rabbit or the chap in the video so was just wondering, how do you know he would be destroyed? For all we know he could kick seven shades of sheite outta the chap, on the other hand your man could kick seven shades of sheite outta him. None of us know.
    I completely see where crazy rabbit is coming from. Why shouldnt he try to stand up for himself?
    I dont think he was trying to come across as tough or anything, I picked up he was just saying it in a matter of fact kinda way.
    Personally I would rather go down fighting than to just stand there and take it. I might get the snot kicked off me but then again I might not.
    I can also see other peoples point where they would stand there and take it and not chance getting into more hassle, theres nothing wrong with that either. Some people dont like confrontation and thats perfectly acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Link not working there...

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWMx88RVB4o

seanybiker wrote: »
    I dont know crazy rabbit or the chap in the video so was just wondering, how do you know he would be destroyed? For all we know he could kick seven shades of sheite outta the chap, on the other hand your man could kick seven shades of sheite outta him. None of us know.
    I completely see where crazy rabbit is coming from. Why shouldnt he try to stand up for himself?
    I dont think he was trying to come across as tough or anything, I picked up he was just saying it in a matter of fact kinda way.
    Personally I would rather go down fighting than to just stand there and take it. I might get the snot kicked off me but then again I might not.
    I can also see other peoples point where they would stand there and take it and not chance getting into more hassle, theres nothing wrong with that either. Some people dont like confrontation and thats perfectly acceptable.

He posted his weight and height earlier,im making a calculated guess.

seanybiker wrote: »

Exactly. Nice to know someone read my posts correctly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

I'm a perfectly nice, decent & calm guy. .

well with 50 fist fights, you sound like a knacker, and people like that are probably the reason why the likes of me doesnt even like going out on a night out cause some little toe rag always ends up fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Exactly. Nice to know someone read my posts correctly!

I understand what you are saying exactly. When I was growing up through my teens - physical fights were really common. I can easily understand how you would have needed to defend yourself. I know you are not boasting.

There were a lot of girls who would fight also - I was never one of them. I'll stand up for myself verbally, but if I'm getting nowhere, I'll retreat.

I can't even throw a proper punch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Look at all rationally, 50 fights but over what time period, 4 years, one a month... six years..... eight and a squabble per year... ...LOL..... there are enough bully boys who want to pick on the smaller guy, ... and for the smaller guy to kick back...... as you are told in school, confront the bully and he'll back off. Does justice to people like Crazy Rabbit. Don't knock it unless you've been in that situation.

Then, the small guy gets a rep and people want to challenge.... ... it goes on all the time... the old motto still holds..... never trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you.

The current state of affairs, MR Byfield hearing has been held over while Police and the Licensing Commission investigate and review if this is a single incident or only one of many.
    They also believe that the video found it's way onto YouTube because the Manager, Mr Byfield and his accomplice fell out and the video was posted as payback. The second person, the cameraman, is also wanted both as an accomplice and a material witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

He thinks he's Samuel L Jackson!

Oblomov wrote: »
    Look at all rationally, 50 fights but over what time period, 4 years, one a month... six years..... eight and a squabble per year... ...LOL..... there are enough bully boys who want to pick on the smaller guy, ... and for the smaller guy to kick back...... as you are told in school, confront the bully and he'll back off. Does justice to people like Crazy Rabbit. Don't knock it unless you've been in that situation.

Then, the small guy gets a rep and people want to challenge.... ... it goes on all the time... the old motto still holds..... never trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you.

The current state of affairs, MR Byfield hearing has been held over while Police and the Licensing Commission investigate and review if this is a single incident or only one of many.
    They also believe that the video found it's way onto YouTube because the Manager, Mr Byfield and his accomplice fell out and the video was posted as payback. The second person, the cameraman, is also wanted both as an accomplice and a material witness.

50 fights over about a 12-15 year period. I'm much much better at ensuring arguments don't become physical now, so it hasn't come to blows in many years. But the moment I feel I that I'm going to be attacked, or am attacked, then I won't back down.

• Advertisement

Package wrote: »
    well with 50 fist fights, you sound like a knacker, and people like that are probably the reason why the likes of me doesnt even like going out on a night out cause some little toe rag always ends up fighting.

FFS...read my posts again please. I don't go looking for fights, but got into quite a few due to the area I grew up in, and people's perception of me. Not dissimilar to how you have judged me based on a few lines of text. I really don't understand people when they do this.

I work 50-60 hour weeks, have a few close friends, volunteer/donate to charities, would help anyone who needed it, and I cause no problems for anyone. I'm a quiet, decent bloke trying to get by in the world, yet you have labelled me a 'knacker' (which in itself is a derogatory term for travellers).

I'm quite confident that I'm a nicer person than you.

...knew I shouldn't have bothered posting in this thread.

Advertisement