Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is how NOT to be a bouncer.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Melion wrote: »
    How long until someone says they had this happen to them in an Irish club? And then this thread goes down that same old road of people complaining for people being thrown out of clubs for no reason

Or people getting killed outside an Irish club for no reason?
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/family-wins-damages-over-nightclub-death-647615.html

And yes, the guy did strike out first, but put yourself in the situation as the "drug dealer" in the first video after a few too many. I know I'd strike out if I was cornered like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Checked /b/ just there and sure enough they have some info:

"The stripclub: http://www.platinumpremier.com/index2...

Their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Platin...

A man is wrongfully imprisoned for selling drugs, assaulted, and robbed of all his money.

Club Address:
    241 Southbridge Street
    Worcester, MA 01608
    (508) 754-4444

It being a strip club might explain the wad of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The Shtig wrote: »
    Checked /b/ just there and sure enough they have some info:

"The stripclub: http://www.platinumpremier.com/...

Their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Platinum-Premier/378194227417...

A man is wrongfully imprisoned for selling drugs, assaulted, and robbed of all his money.

Club Address:
    241 Southbridge Street
    Worcester, MA 01608
    (508) 754-4444

It being a strip club might explain the wad of cash.

Fixed those links for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Hang on, why is there such a rush to defending the guy who's getting hit? I can believe he's a drug dealer and the bouncer's a drug dealer. All it is is one dealer beating another. You play in that market, you'll have to face some of the sh*t that comes with it.
    As for not having the drugs on him, I know someone who deals in a club, he doesn't keep them on him either. It's a safety measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

bluto63 wrote: »
    Hang on, why is there such a rush to defending the guy who's getting hit? I can believe he's a drug dealer and the bouncer's a drug dealer. All it is is one dealer beating another. You play in that market, you'll have to face some of the sh*t that comes with it.
    As for not having the drugs on him, I know someone who deals in a club, he doesn't keep them on him either. It's a safety measure

Who knows? maybe he is a drug dealer. But I think it's the situation that people are reacting to. i.e. burly bouncers abusing the situation, preying on the perceivedweakness of the victim. The clincher is the fact that he's also sucker-punched numerous times. The victim might be a scumbag but there's absolutely no excuse for that.

The cynical part of me suggests that it's all an elaborate wind-up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Who knows? maybe he is a drug dealer. But I think it's the situation that people are reacting to. i.e. burly bouncers abusing the situation, preying on the perceivedweakness of the victim. The clincher is the fact that he's also sucker-punched numerous times. The victim might be a scumbag but there's absolutely no excuse for that.

The cynical part of me suggests that it's all an elaborate wind-up.
    Its clearly not a wind up, they are proper punches, and you can see a cut develop under his eye by the end of the video, and I don't see why this would be faked.

Yup sure enough 4chan got all the info of the place the bouncer by now, His name, phone numbers and address is already in the comments :eek:, read the comments on the strip clubs face book page, lots of threatening messages to the bouncer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

The guys name is Easton Byfield, he has been charged and "continued until" March 11

The club has fired him and number of calls has created it own problems.

Oh, Easton was arrested around Feb 5th and charged with assault and battery and malicious destruction of property under $250. Case continued to March 11. Worcester Central District Court - under criminal and traffic sessions

The other guy suffered a broken nose and cuts, shocked, but otherwise OK.

Apparently, this guy has loads of info but I didn't bother to go any further

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidDavidson29

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

scudzilla wrote: »
    That was bad, but not a patch compared to these Russian Bouncers

F*ck me! This video seems unreal, surreal - faked maybe!?

But I fear not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

How the fcuk do 4chan do it? Unreal...the internet police, I love it.

From a simple youtube vid, they tracked down the guy, sent his details on to the police and got him charged with Assault and Battery, Kidnapping, Unarmed Robbery and Filing a False Police report....legend!

Can someone link the 4chan thread? I find that website an awful nightmare to navigate / know what the fcuk is going on..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

original vid down. this one will probably be taken down soon too. can be found without audio track as thats why youtube are taking it down

http://www.telegram.com/article/20110220/NEWS/110229977/0/BUSINESS

"According to police scanner reports last night, Mr. Byfield called police and said he was having problems with harassing telephone calls"

wonder who that was :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

original vid down. this one will probably be taken down soon too. can be found without audio track as thats why youtube are taking it down

http://www.telegram.com/article/20110220/NEWS/110229977/0/BUSINESS

"According to police scanner reports last night, Mr. Byfield called police and said he was having problems with harassing telephone calls"

wonder who that was :pac:

The bouncers name and address and phone number are in the description of that video!!,cant see it staying up long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Goose81

That guy had the patience of a saint. I would have gouged the bouncers eyes out & beaten him half to death within the first 2 mins.

I'm...er...not so good with bullies.

Id say you would.
    The bouncer is probably around 6'4 and 18 stone,are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Agreed. It's easy to say what you'd do - but when you're locked in there on your own, you might act different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Goose81

dlofnep wrote: »
    Agreed. It's easy to say what you'd do - but when you're locked in there on your own, you might act different.

The average person would **** themselves.
    You also have to remember his mate with the camera would have joined in if the guy even tried to fight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I actually feel sick looking at these 2 videos. The big black guy is just a bully. Regardless of whether the kid was selling drugs or not, he cold cocked him like a coward, it's an absolute disgrace. And the guy recording it is worse. It's like happy slapping has now stepped up a gear!

As for the russian lads, absolute filthy scum of the highest order.

Surely the first video could be used as evidence. As for the russian guys, probably wouldn't be much use trying to bring a bunch of gangsters to justice in a corrupt society. I feel sorry for the decent russian citizens who have to put up with the likes of these animals on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Surely the first video could be used as evidence.

It has been - http://www.telegram.com/article/20110221/NEWS/102210395/0/news05

"Easton Byfield, 35, of Thayer Pond Drive, Oxford, was arrested Friday night and charged with assault and battery, kidnapping, unarmed robbery and filing a false crime report."

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0221/gattusog_acmilan.html

Supposedly, if you assault someone during a football game, you only get a 4 match ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

<snip>

The best advice:

With two bouncers in the room both twice your size. That is a good way to get killed. If (and I don't suggest trying but, if you decide your life is in danger) you are going to take on 2 guys in a small room, it's going to be life or death right from the get go. Wait for an opening (if it doesn't happen quickly, as in before you are dazed give up and hope for pity you have already lost) like when he looks back at his friend video taping the event (evidence for your trial, self defense) and go straight for his wind pipe (if you can't throw a punch, don't try this). You need to hit him hard and fast with absurd follow through. If he can breathe you didn't do it right and you are going to die. Ignore the second bouncer and continue to do the most damage possible to the first guy, this will cause the second guy to have to defend the first in a tight room, very difficult. Keep yelling "he's dying call 911" the entire time. Your playing psychological warfare now. You want the other guy to open that damn door so you can escape, and alert other customers/bouncers to come in and the cops to be called before you get killed yourself. If you do escape the room, don't stop running, exit the building and call 911 from the first phone you can.

If you haven't escaped before you have expended all your energy, expect to get the **** beaten out of you. Keep yelling "call 911" for as long as you can.

In this case the video evidence would get you off. If not, your going to have a lot of explaining to do. Don't talk to the cops, get a lawyer your going to need it.

Better advice is, avoid strip clubs, this **** happens all the time. Never let a bouncer corner you or separate you from your group. Just leave the premises at the first sign of trouble, learn to pocket dial 911, or get your friends to call the cops before they separate you (always have a plan, use the buddy system).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

That guy had the patience of a saint. I would have gouged the bouncers eyes out & beaten him half to death within the first 2 mins.

I'm...er...not so good with bullies.
    Goose81 wrote: »
    Id say you would.
    The bouncer is probably around 6'4 and 18 stone,are you?

5'7 and 10 stone.

But size difference has never stopped me before. When I'm pissed off enough, I become fearless/stupid. Logic goes out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

5'7 and 10 stone.

But size difference has never stopped me before. When I'm pissed off enough, I become fearless/stupid. Logic goes out the window.

You become a crazy rabbit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

5'7 and 10 stone.

Im 6'1 and 18 stone, far from the biggest. If you tried anything at the door i work on, you'd be laughed at. You wouldnt do anything in a situation like that, very few people would. Id imagine, the only people who would react are very specially trained and would leave the 2 bouncers on their arses.

Melion wrote: »
    Im 6'1 and 18 stone, far from the biggest. If you tried anything at the door i work on, you'd be laughed at. You wouldnt do anything in a situation like that, very few people would. Id imagine, the only people who would react are very specially trained and would leave the 2 bouncers on their arses.

I've been in over 50 fights at this stage. Not 'trained' as such, but I've learned a few things. And as I said...when pissed off enough, I become stupid...running on pure emotion and adrenaline. I've taken on bigger guys, and several guys at once. I am however much much more relaxed now that I'm in my 30's and have actually learned how to walk away. Saying that, if cornered, I'll fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

I've been in over 50 fights at this stage. Not 'trained' as such, but I've learned a few things. And as I said...when pissed off enough, I become stupid...running on pure emotion and adrenaline. I've taken on bigger guys, and several guys at once. I am however much much more relaxed now that I'm in my 30's and have actually learned how to walk away. Saying that, if cornered, I'll fight.
    It sounds like you have anger issues and would fight someone if they looked at you "the wrong way"

50 fist fights is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Don't post any of this bouncer's personal information, please. That's widely available online if you're desperate to see it. Anymore will result in bans or infractions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

:rolleyes:

The only person I know who would actually do well if cornered by 2 bouncers far bigger than them is one of my mates who is a trained MMA fighter in england. Everyone else I know, including myself, would just cower and take orders, which is sensible. This thing of "if cornered, ill fight"... are you a wild animal or something? Either your BS'ing or fighting back without proper training would be suicidal as these 2 big bouncers would have you on your arse and leave you in a bloody pulp, those type of bouncers in the video love when idiots fight back. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

****in disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

If you haven't escaped before you have expended all your energy, expect to get the **** beaten out of you. Keep yelling "call 911" for as long as you can.

You can yell all you like, but an obsolete 90's boy band are not going to save you my friend.

As for the video....yes yes, all very tragic, big bully nasty blah blah.

Now what about these strippers at the club? Have we been able to track down their details yet? :p

Don't post any of this bouncer's personal information, please. That's widely available online if you're desperate to see it. Anymore will result in bans or infractions.

I'm gonna have to ask you to accompany me to the bathroom please.
    <---Punches Leonard Worried Flamingo in the head & steals his money.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

The only person I know who would actually do well if cornered by 2 bouncers far bigger than them is one of my mates who is a trained MMA fighter in england. Everyone else I know, including myself, would just cower and take orders, which is sensible. This thing of "if cornered, ill fight"... are you a wild animal or something? Either your BS'ing or fighting back without proper training would be suicidal as these 2 big bouncers would have you on your arse and leave you in a bloody pulp, those type of bouncers in the video love when idiots fight back. :rolleyes:

Never said I'd do well, only that I wouldn't take that abuse and would fight back.

@fulhamfanincork , yes...some anger issues when younger. I'm really quite mellow now..most of the time.
    And of those 50+ fights, I never went looking for them. I just grew up in a bad area, and was mercilessly picked on because I'm somewhat eccentric and different.

Advertisement