Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Looks like ultraman1 has organised a lift for me, which frees up my seat in jeff's taxi service if needed.

Thanks all round for your help.
    Marthastew, that should mean you don't have to rub knees with the clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ELFOYZER

Good
    Name|Target|Comments
    Belcarra|4:45-4:59|Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.
    Krusty_Clown|3:45:00|Plan is to run the first 20 miles @7:12, then try to pick up the pace for the remainder to 6:55/mile
    Izoard|4:30|Objective is to register a sub 4 marathon (3.45/3.50), after too many years of pacing and IM marathons and finish in 4.30. Will be hanging on the coat-tails of giants to get me around.
    menoscemo|4:10:00|just hoping to hold a steady 8 min/mile pace all the way round. If I can do that comfortably I know I am in shape for my target in Conn.
    TFBubendorfer|3:53:00|The plan is to run the first half @ 7:45 and the second half @ 7:15 per mile.
    Marthastew|4:30|as this will be my first 50K I'm (hopefully) guaranteed a PBI'd be delighted with 4.30
    Glennhysen|4:45:00|First attempt at a distance greater than the marathon. Planning on 9 minute miles the whole way round
    Aimman|4:40:00| Keep it at 9 min miles and avoid the stares from Anto which means 'Hurry up, we want to go home' on each lap :rolleyes:
    ELFOYZER|sub 4:30??|First ultra - who knows what will happen:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good
    Name|Target|Comments
    Belcarra|4:45-4:59|Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.
    Krusty_Clown|3:45:00|Plan is to run the first 20 miles @7:12, then try to pick up the pace for the remainder to 6:55/mile
    Izoard|4:30|Objective is to register a sub 4 marathon (3.45/3.50), after too many years of pacing and IM marathons and finish in 4.30. Will be hanging on the coat-tails of giants to get me around.
    menoscemo|4:10:00|just hoping to hold a steady 8 min/mile pace all the way round. If I can do that comfortably I know I am in shape for my target in Conn.
    TFBubendorfer|3:53:00|The plan is to run the first half @ 7:45 and the second half @ 7:15 per mile.
    Marthastew|4:30|as this will be my first 50K I'm (hopefully) guaranteed a PBI'd be delighted with 4.30
    Glennhysen|4:45:00|First attempt at a distance greater than the marathon. Planning on 9 minute miles the whole way round
    Aimman|4:40:00| Keep it at 9 min miles and avoid the stares from Anto which means 'Hurry up, we want to go home' on each lap :rolleyes:
    Oisin11178| 4.59| Paddy last:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    FAO: Izoard, Marthastew, Glennhysen, Aimman & Elfoyzer (+Anyone else that's interested!)
    There seems to be a nice few going between 4:30 & 4:45 or thereabouts. I know Digijem is thinking about 4:45 also. Myself and a friend (Philip) are thinking about 4:45 as well but we are more interested in having a bunch of folks to run with for the first few laps at least rather than a particular pace. We could drop back to Oisin's pacing group for 5:00 4:59:59 (6:00/km or 9:40/mile) but we'd be happier getting a group going @ 4:40-4:45 pace (5:35/km or 9:00/mile) initially if possible.

Would there be any interest in something like this for the rest of you??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    jeffontour wrote: »
    Foiled. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Wise move. Chocolate banana bread sounds more promising than Krustys flapjacks, delicious and all as they looked last year :D

Best of luck to you all. Its a fab race and I know you will really love it . Sorry I wont be there to help out. But am planning a major comeback next year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Good
    I am going down on the day to do photos of the race (and probably the back-office goings on) so I have an empty car if anyone wants a lift. Coming from Ringsend/Irishtown/Sandymount area

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Good
    belcarra wrote: »
    FAO: Izoard, Marthastew, Glennhysen, Aimman & Elfoyzer (+Anyone else that's interested!)
    There seems to be a nice few going between 4:30 & 4:45 or thereabouts. I know Digijem is thinking about 4:45 also. Myself and a friend (Philip) are thinking about 4:45 as well but we are more interested in having a bunch of folks to run with for the first few laps at least rather than a particular pace. We could drop back to Oisin's pacing group for 5:00 4:59:59 (6:00/km or 9:40/mile) but we'd be happier getting a group going @ 4:40-4:45 pace (5:35/km or 9:00/mile) initially if possible.

I think that's a good idea. I'd much prefer running with a group of people for the first few laps. I said 4.45 as my time but I would definitely settle for 4.59.59!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good
    jeffontour wrote: »

I'm sure I'll be quite apprehensive about my first Ultra and my knees will have no probelm knocking on their own:o
    I didn't know Krusty made flapjacks; is there no end to this man's talent? Looks like you won't have to worry about breakfast jeff. Thanks for the place in the jeffmoblie:D Hopefully Mr Stew and the kids will be down to catch the end of the race so I will get a lift home with them, probably just as well since you and Krusty will already be home having lunch by the time I finish!

Belcarra, I'd definitely be up for getting together as a group and heading out at 9min miles, it will make things a lot more enjoyable. Anyone feeling very strong (not likely to be me) can push on after a few laps.

Good
    Glen, Martha - sounds good! We can arrange it on the morning I guess but if we provisionally call it 9:00/mile pace (nice round number!) I'm sure we'll grab a few others also:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

glennhysen wrote: »
    running with a group of people !
    jiust be carful when running in groups ,as if ur out for 4:30/5 hrs u will be lapped every 3 or so lapps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good
    Name|Target|Comments
    digijem| 4:45| First attempt at 50K, cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good
    Looks like ill be running on my lonesome so:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good

I'll be up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good

I think there will probably 2 groups - sub 4.30 (5.24per km) and possibly a 4.45 (5.35), with a few (including myself) drifting back to the 2nd group as the race progresses...

Really looking forward to this....

Good
    Izoard wrote: »
    I think there will probably 2 groups - sub 4.30 (5.24per km) and possibly a 4.45 (5.35), with a few (including myself) drifting back to the 2nd group as the race progresses...

Really looking forward to this....

Right of admission to our group is strictly reserved Izoard!
    If we get you in our sights we will trample you!! :D

Good

Between getting pushed into the ditch by the front runners while being lapped, and then worrying about the angry horde coming up from behind...this could be a tough day out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    Between getting pushed into the ditch by the front runners while being lapped, and then worrying about the angry horde coming up from behind...this could be a tough day out:)

You're running an Ultra - of course it's going to be a tough day! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good

Originally I thought I might be with the 4.30 group but I was VERY tired on my recovery run today, also the fact that the 4.45 group seems to be full of attitude, count me in; 9 min miles it is:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    My support crew has abandoned me in my time of need and I've no car next weekend so a suitable lift would be welcome for me too. The best offer gets first dibs on the chocolate biscuit cake and doiuble choc muffins. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    My support crew has abandoned me in my time of need and I've no car next weekend so a suitable lift would be welcome for me too. The best offer gets first dibs on the chocolate biscuit cake and doiuble choc muffins. :)

Were you not planning on coming up with me and Aimman like last year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    Name|Target|Comments
    digijem| 4:45| First attempt at 50K, cant wait
    RQ|5:00:01|Just to annoy Anto

menoscemo wrote: »

My friend wanted to see what ultra running is all about so she was going to drive me out. Didn't even consider you two. I'll grace yee with my presence though if there's space. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    My friend wanted to see what ultra running is all about so she was going to drive me out.

Take her to a longer race then. This one is only a badly measured marathon ;)

I just texted Aimo there hopefully he can pick us up, if not I'll give you a lift out since you only live across the road.

RQ|5:00:01|Just to annoy Anto
    )
    will relish kickin u off the course....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

For this I will come up from Mayo and bring you myself

Good
    What is the best route to Donadea Park from south Dublin?

Heading North on M50, better to take the M7 and exit before Naas and onto Sallins -> Clane or head down the M4?

Heading North on M50, better to take the M7 and exit before Naas and onto Sallins -> Clane or head down the M4?
    much of a muchness...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

menoscemo wrote: »

Best of look luck Menoscemo (and everyone for that matter!). Won't be chatting to you for 4.5 hours like last year!

Great course. Really enoyed it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

M4 is best option, Exit at J*8 continue 6 / 7km on the R158 towards Clane. Sgnposted right turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    Best of look Menoscemo

Does that mean meno is the best looking one?

Advertisement