Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

jaymack75 wrote: »
    Dont know if i've missed this mentioned already, but what time is the race starting?
    9:30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    Help! :eek:

Turns out I do not have a car that weekend. I can make it to Dublin on Friday, but will need a lift from Dublin to Donadea Saturday morning in time for the start, as well as back to Dublin afterwards.

There must be plenty of you doing the same journey that day. Any chance I could get a lift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    Help! :eek:

Turns out I do not have a car that weekend. I can make it to Dublin on Friday, but will need a lift from Dublin to Donadea Saturday morning in time for the start, as well as back to Dublin afterwards.

There must be plenty of you doing the same journey that day. Any chance I could get a lift?

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem What part of dublin would you be staying in?

Good
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. What part of dublin would you be staying in?

Stillorgan, but of course I'd be happy to get to a more convenient pick-up point if required.

ill be sending out race day instuctions on sat or sunday

• Advertisement

Good
    Stillorgan, but of course I'd be happy to get to a more convenient pick-up point if required.

I'll talk to Aimman about our arrangements for lifts etc we'd be leaving from Clondlkin area I'd imagine. Maybe drop Krusty_Clown a PM, he's over that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

I should be able to help you out, will be coming from that direction.

Be in touch next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I'll talk to Aimman about our arrangements for lifts etc we'd be leaving from Clondlkin area I'd imagine. Maybe drop Krusty_Clown a PM, he's over that way.
    I'll be coming from that direction all right, but I'm only 50/50 that I'll have access to a car. If I do, you're most certainly welcome to a lift Thomas. Otherwise, I'll be on my bike.

I'll be coming from that direction all right, but I'm only 50/50 that I'll have access to a car. If I do, you're most certainly welcome to a lift Thomas. Otherwise, I'll be on my bike.

There is room in my car for a clown. So long as he puts his enormous shoes in the boot.

Good
    jeffontour wrote: »
    There is room in my car for a clown. So long as he puts his enormous shoes in the boot.
    I'll hold you to that, if I can't summon-up a car! Can hop on the green LUAS to somewhere accessible if that helps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good

I'll be coming from Glenageary; any chance there'd be room in the car for me also?
    If you have a full car no worries, I'm sure I can get somoene else to take my kids to sports etc and I could take our family car

BTW, I don't have enormous shoes and I make yummy chocolate banana bread:)

Good
    At that rate, jeff will need a mini bus

Seems to me that I have been missing a trick by not flogging seats in the jeffmobile!

So the two lads, TF & the klown, have 1st dibs on seats.

I will likely have 1 more with me so it might be a tight squeeze in the back for 3. But if all are happy to rub knees on the way then there will be room for Marthastew as well.

Marthastew wrote: »
    BTW, I don't have enormous shoes and I make yummy chocolate banana bread:)

Missed the banana bread comment, the other two need to up their offers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good
    I'll be heading from Rathfarnham (will be a likely one-way, as I'll be hanging out locally for the afternoon), if that suits anyone...

Good
    Seems to me that I have been missing a trick by not flogging seats in the jeffmobile!

So the two lads, TF & the klown, have 1st dibs on seats.

I will likely have 1 more with me so it might be a tight squeeze in the back for 3. But if all are happy to rub knees on the way then there will be room for Marthastew as well.

I better leave TF & The Klown plenty of room to rub knees in comfort in the jeffmoblie:)

I'm sure I'll more than likely be able to take our car, I should be able to get the kids sorted out no bother.
    More banana bread for me......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    So, I think it's getting towards time people fronted up and offer their target times, so I'll go first:
    Name - Target - Comments
    Belcarra - 4:45-5:00 - Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.

Good
    Name - Target - Comments
    Belcarra - 4:45-5:00 - Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.
    Krusty_Clown - 3:45:00 - Plan is to run the first 20 miles @7:12, then try to pick up the pace for the remainder to 6:55/mile

<company welcome!>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good
    Name - Target - Comments
    Krusty_Clown - 3:45:00 - Plan is to run the first 20 miles @7:12, then try to pick up the pace for the remainder to 6:55/mile
    Izoard - 4.30 - Objective is to register a sub 4 marathon (3.45/3.50), after too many years of pacing and IM marathons and finish in 4.30.
    Will be hanging on the coat-tails of giants to get me around.

Good
    Name - Target - Comments
    Izoard - 4.30 - Objective is to register a sub 4 marathon (3.45/3.50), after too many years of pacing and IM marathons and finish in 4.30.
    menoscemo- 4:10:00- just hoping to hold a steady 8 min/mile pace all the way round. If I can do that comfortably I know I am in shape for my target in Conn.

• Advertisement

Good
    Name - Target - Comments
    menoscemo- 4:10:00- just hoping to hold a steady 8 min/mile pace all the way round. If I can do that comfortably I know I am in shape for my target in Conn.
    TFBubendorfer - 3:53:00 - The plan is to run the first half @ 7:45 and the second half @ 7:15 per mile.

Shouldn't we have a table for that? :D

Good
    Shouldn't we have a table for that? biggrin.gif

*Everyone turns to look for Robinph!*

Name - Target - Comments
    Belcarra - 4:45-4:59 - Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.
    TFBubendorfer - 3:53:00 - The plan is to run the first half @ 7:45 and the second half @ 7:15 per mile.D
    none of dat 5hr talk around here please....

Good
    That was just target pace in mins/km Anto!*

*That may very well be an absolute lie!!

Good
    Marthastew- as this will be my first 50K I'm (hopefully) guaranteed a PB:)I'd be delighted with 4.30

Good
    Let me try. Especially since Marthastew just kicked me off the list (probably in an attempt to nab my place in jeff's taxi service) ;)

Name|Target|Comments
    Belcarra|4:45-4:59|Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.
    Krusty_Clown|3:45:00|Plan is to run the first 20 miles @7:12, then try to pick up the pace for the remainder to 6:55/mile
    Izoard|4:30|Objective is to register a sub 4 marathon (3.45/3.50), after too many years of pacing and IM marathons and finish in 4.30. Will be hanging on the coat-tails of giants to get me around.
    menoscemo|4:10:00|just hoping to hold a steady 8 min/mile pace all the way round. If I can do that comfortably I know I am in shape for my target in Conn.
    TFBubendorfer|3:53:00|The plan is to run the first half @ 7:45 and the second half @ 7:15 per mile.
    Marthastew|4:30|as this will be my first 50K I'm (hopefully) guaranteed a PBI'd be delighted with 4.30

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Good
    Name|Target|Comments
    Belcarra|4:45-4:59|Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.
    Krusty_Clown|3:45:00|Plan is to run the first 20 miles @7:12, then try to pick up the pace for the remainder to 6:55/mile
    Izoard|4:30|Objective is to register a sub 4 marathon (3.45/3.50), after too many years of pacing and IM marathons and finish in 4.30. Will be hanging on the coat-tails of giants to get me around.
    menoscemo|4:10:00|just hoping to hold a steady 8 min/mile pace all the way round. If I can do that comfortably I know I am in shape for my target in Conn.
    TFBubendorfer|3:53:00|The plan is to run the first half @ 7:45 and the second half @ 7:15 per mile.
    Marthastew|4:30|as this will be my first 50K I'm (hopefully) guaranteed a PBI'd be delighted with 4.30
    Glennhysen|4:45:00|First attempt at a distance greater than the marathon. Planning on 9 minute miles the whole way round

Good
    Let me try. Especially since Marthastew just kicked me off the list (probably in an attempt to nab my place in jeff's taxi service) ;)

Damn you and your table-making abilities:mad:
    I'll have to go back to the drawing board and come up with another cunning plan to get a lift in the jeffmobile:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good
    Name|Target|Comments
    Glennhysen|4:45:00|First attempt at a distance greater than the marathon. Planning on 9 minute miles the whole way round
    Aimman|4:40:00| Keep it at 9 min miles and avoid the stares from Anto which means 'Hurry up, we want to go home' on each lap :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Good
    Looks like ultraman1 has organised a lift for me, which frees up my seat in jeff's taxi service if needed.

Thanks all round for your help.

Advertisement