Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    Here is a link to create a pace band for tomorrow folks:
    http://completerunning.com/archives/2006/09/29/runners-tool-box-split-calculator-pace-band-maker/

Best of luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Good luck folks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    ultraman1 wrote: »

Doesn't work on a mac. Could you print out one for me for 5:00:01 please.

Cheers. :D

Doesn't work on a big mac. Could you print out one for me for 5:00:01 please.

Cheers. :D
    get some lipstick and print on arm D N F....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Have a great run everyone, should be a fantastic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Best of luck all. Hope that everyone gets home before the slow pacer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good
    Best of luck tomorrow, see you all there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Good luck to all tomorrow... I won't be running due to bad man flu (finally making a sensible decision) but will be there to cheer you all on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Good luck to ye all in the morn and i look forward to all the interesting reports afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Good luck today everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Good
    Best of luck to everyone this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Well that hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    Name|Target|Comments
    Belcarra|4:45-4:59|Second ultra 'attempt' so just want to complete this before Connemara.
    Krusty_Clown|3:45:00|Plan is to run the first 20 miles @7:12, then try to pick up the pace for the remainder to 6:55/mile
    Izoard|4:30|Objective is to register a sub 4 marathon (3.45/3.50), after too many years of pacing and IM marathons and finish in 4.30. Will be hanging on the coat-tails of giants to get me around.
    menoscemo|4:10:00|just hoping to hold a steady 8 min/mile pace all the way round. If I can do that comfortably I know I am in shape for my target in Conn.
    TFBubendorfer|3:53:00|The plan is to run the first half @ 7:45 and the second half @ 7:15 per mile.
    Marthastew|4:30|as this will be my first 50K I'm (hopefully) guaranteed a PBI'd be delighted with 4.30
    Glennhysen|4:45:00|First attempt at a distance greater than the marathon. Planning on 9 minute miles the whole way round
    Aimman|4:40:00| Keep it at 9 min miles and avoid the stares from Anto which means 'Hurry up, we want to go home' on each lap :rolleyes:
    ELFOYZER|sub 4:30??|First ultra - who knows what will happen:eek:
    Oisin11178| 4.59| Paddy last:D
    digijem| 4:45| First attempt at 50K, cant wait
    RQ|5:00:01|Just to annoy Anto

Managed 4:06:30 in the end :)
    15 minute improvement on last year which I'm delighted with. It also felt a bit more comfortable than last year so I'm really happy with the progress. Nearly scalped Gerry Duffy at the end, but I let out a roar with 2k to go and he sped up to stay just ahead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcunniffe

Full results are at:

http://www.redtagtiming.com

Well done to all today

John

Good
    Finished in 4:43:58 - 2 secs inside my pre-race target! Great day and great chatting with Running coach, marthastew, claralara,grahamor, Philip and a few others throughout. Extremely happy with pacing throughout and even had enough for a sprint finish over the last 300m!! Paid for it on the massage table afterwards though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    Whatever you say about Ultraman (F#£$%£$!!) he puts on a superb race. My only gripe is that I heard that the 4 hour pacer finished in 3:39:45. Don't invite him back.

A superb day out from start to finish. Worth the pain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    jeffontour wrote: »
    Well that hurt!

I think we should rename it to your description "Anto's laps of torture"

Didn't expect to finish today and got a marathon pb there too.

Thanks again Anto.

Can't believe I lost to Izoard though. Stupid f*cking stitch. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Looks like there was some great racing up front with a high standard filed.

Well done on yer second Bazman - know there are other bigger fish to fry for you later in the year

See Pablo T managed to reversed Art O Neil form with Enduro and looks like a super run from Jeff On Tour

Well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good
    I think we should rename it to your description "Anto's laps of torture"

Didn't expect to finish today and got a marathon pb there too.

Thanks again Anto.

Can't believe I lost to Izoard though. Stupid f*cking stitch. :mad:

Well, you pi$$ed off on me at the start - bad karma:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Good
    4.37:23 - well under my 4.59 target. Absolutely delighted. Brilliant day. Savage organisation! Well done and congrats to all!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dipity

Good
    Great event to have been part of for my first 'and only' ultra. Well done Ultraman, you did an excellent job. Good buzz around the place too.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Good
    Well done to all runners today.
    & to Ultraman1 & crew for hosting a great event.

Special mention to Jeffontour who lapped me with 6k ish to go looking very relaxed & running at what seemed to me 10k pace:eek:.
    Also Meno who passed me looking like he was out for a gentle recovery run!

It was great to meet a lot of the ultrarunning community again, although you are all mad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Good
    Dipity wrote: »
    Great event to have been part of for my first 'and only' ultra. Well done Ultraman, you did an excellent job. Good buzz around the place too.

Well done, Dipity, on your FIRST ultra:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Good
    Finished it in 4hrs 56 mins in my first ultra. Ran the first half in 2.21 and 20 miles in 3.01. Slowed up a bit for the final 11 miles but glad to have finished inside 5 hours.

Thanks to Anto for a great day and thanks to all the marshalls and other runners for the word of encouragement. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    Great race Anto, superbly organised and very enthusiastic volunteers! You even fixed the weather at the last minute, which I am really impressed by (and grateful for).

I had a grand day out, enjoying every step of it (in retrospect, even the last 10k).

Good
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    G'wan RQ and Claralara!! Great to be mentioned in an esteemed report like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

Anto, that was a fantastic race and you should be proud of yourself. It was very competitive but still maintained that friendly atmosphere and I'm already looking forward to next year. Well done!

John

p.s
    Thanks to the girl with the banana bread it was delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Good
    Big thanks to Anto and all the volunteers for a great event... Went off like clockwork... Died a death for the last 15 or so K but really enjoyed it...

Advertisement