Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Down to the Snackbox for a farmhouse burger and some gravy & cheese chips??
    Sea Devils wrote: »
    I might head to Banana Phoblacht later for a Coffee.

That place was all aboutthe hot chocolate! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Marios.... Miss u :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Treadhead wrote: »

Savage shtuff altogether! I remember bringing a girl on a date there when I was 14, paying for her hot chocolate (from my meager earnings washing neighbour's cars), went in for the shift later on, only to be told she had a boyfriend. All I think of was, 'I wasted a good hot chocolate on you....' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Best hot chocolate in the world. Nice way to round off an evening after a few pints in Monroe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Down to the Snackbox for a farmhouse burger and some gravy & cheese chips??

Good 'ole SnackBox! mmMMMM

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Consulting my 1994 bus timetable it says I can get a town commuter ticket for £7pw or £25pm.
    I can also get a £6 day return to Dublin but it costs £2.50 return to Oranmore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I used get a season ticket to every music act in the Arts Festival for £50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Increasing your lung capacity by holding your breath for extra long as you pass Taffes on hot sunny days. Noticing that even their dogs have evacuated themselves out to lie in the sun to escape the new summer pitch intensity of the smell.

The dogs always looked half conscious actually.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

snubbleste wrote: »
    I think for the day that is in it you should go to Strawberry Fields and stroll along and get a bucket seat on the balcony in the Claddagh Palace. Get your sweets in Murrays first

I still remember great ice-cream in Murrays' Nile Lodge back in the forties

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Fuinseog wrote: »
    I remember the closing down sale. there was nearly a riot as people tried to storm the building desperate for a bargain

I remember Costelloes Royal Hotel before Woolworths came

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I'm going to walk as far as the RTC and hitch a lift to Dublin. Once I make it to Moate it's plain sailing after that. I think the Philosophers are playing there. Anybody want to come?

My headache is gone after listening to that fella with a bunch of newspapers for sale under his arm shouting out 'Connacht Tri-bune' down Shop Street. That was just before I bought a pair of Liverpool socks in Stauntons.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

techno party in the warwick tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Room to rent, Rahoon flats, 5 pound a week

I parked my car on Shop Street the last day. Wanted to get a pair of Runners in Feet Athlete in the Eyre Square Shopping Center, and then grab something for my niece in Toymaster.
    But in the end, I ended up buying rollar blades upstairs in Champions Sports instead, and grabbed a pizza in Super Valu in the Eyre Square Shopping Center.
    No Bogarts for me tonight. Going to wait until the weekend, and go to Blue beside Garavans for one or two, and end up in The Alley

I parked my car on Shop Street the last day. Wanted to get a pair of Runners in Feet Athlete in the Eyre Square Shopping Center, and then grab something for my niece in Toymaster.
    But in the end, I ended up buying rollar blades upstairs in Champions Sports instead, and grabbed a pizza in Super Valu in the Eyre Square Shopping Center.
    No Bogarts for me tonight. Going to wait until the weekend, and go to Blue beside Garavans for one or two, and end up in The Alley
    Blue? Pish! T'will always be "The Snug!!!" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Aglomerado wrote: »

Beat me to it ya fecker! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nope. G's!!

Without trying to de-rail the thread, I was in Garavans at the weekend, and asked the barman about The Snug :)
    Seems it's just left derelict now.
    Also, I called it The Snug, and my friends called it Blue. Thought I had gotten it mixed up with another pub.

Pints in the Lisheen after lectures in H Block UCG anyone? :D

Pints in the Lisheen after lectures in H Block UCG anyone? :D

Is that the pub of choice for UCG students these days? Hopefully I will get the points, studying hard for the Matric now just in case...

• Advertisement

youngrun wrote: »
    Is that the pub of choice for UCG students these days? Hopefully I will get the points, studying hard for the Matric now just in case...

Only if the College Bar in the Quad is full... ;)

heading down to taylors bar for a few quiet pints of guinness this evening

and will be smoking indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dafuq is this thread even about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

XR3i wrote: »
    heading down to taylors bar for a few quiet pints of guinness this evening

and will be smoking indoors

Hopefully the beer garden will be nice tonight
    biko wrote: »

Memories Biko. Rather like Neil Armstrong's alleged bad jokes about the moon - "I guess you had to be there" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Mam said she'd buy me a new pair of those Gola football boots at Christmas. I know that's a long way away but I can't wait.

drum n bass party in o' malleys this friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

popped by the studios of i102-104 yesterday, they recommended this great vinyl album to me so I went straight down to Red Records on Eglinton Street. Afterwards I popped across the street to Game to buy the latest Gran Turismo game for my PlayStation 2.

XR3i wrote: »
    drum n bass party in o' malleys this friday night

Ill be in the Castle how could you miss the sex kitchen ???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,844 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »

Time travel.

Maybe us blow-ins should start messing with their heads over things that appear new but are really old :)

Think I might head out to Salthill now there are double-decker buses on the route ...

ddc36acd1d06066c05aa2fcdac9b3d3a521c087a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

flazio wrote: »
    popped by the studios of i102-104 yesterday, they recommended this great vinyl album to me so I went straight down to Red Records on Eglinton Street. Afterwards I popped across the street to Game to buy the latest Gran Turismo game for my PlayStation 2.

Red-light records.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement