Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened

Options
  • 14-02-2011 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I went down to shop street to get a new video player in O'Connors but it wasn't there. There was something called River Island in its place. What the hell is going on?

http://goo.gl/HkQn6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

The cold war ended years ago. I'm sorry to be the one to tell ya this but ya didn't need to live in that bomb shelter all this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Welcome time traveller from the past. We wish you no harm. We live in simpler times now where people buy tacky clothes in River Island and no longer rent televisions.

We shall take you to our leader, once we elect one.

Edit: Also Betamax video players went the way of the dodo in mid to late eighties.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Tell me about it! I took a walk up to News at 10 to get a bag of sweets a lunch at it was replaced by something called 'Monsoon'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Any good new tapes in Star Records? Heading into town tomorrow might pick up some new tunes.

I propose the next boards beers in the Yacht .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I wanted some painting samples earlier and I went to Corbetts and it has morphed into a selection of British chain stores. I could'nt even find the car park.

• Advertisement

brutes1 wrote: »
    Any good new tapes in Star Records? Heading into town tomorrow might pick up some new tunes.

I propose the next boards beers in the Yacht .

Remember they close at 5 and I think they're getting the recent hit from The Nolans in. Such a pity I can't afford a walkman yet, I might be able to get it on hire purchase from O'Connors though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

news at ten!! the memories of loitering in there before school started!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Bringing out the misses later , have to do something the night thats in it !, - not sure whether we should hit the Claddagh palace or have a few drinks in the Lions tower and then KnoKnos? Any ideas?

I think for the day that is in it you should go to Strawberry Fields and stroll along and get a bucket seat on the balcony in the Claddagh Palace. Get your sweets in Murrays first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Hmm, so that's where Ghostbusters 3 went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Where's Peter Pan world gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Does anyone know when the Moons sales is starting?

I want to pick up some stuff before I go to the Community Games in Mosney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Thought I'd take a trip down to my favourite establishment known as the GPO the other night only to find they'd removed my old fellow clientele and hung up a few curtains and renamed it to Carbon! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

Bought a book earlier in the Sheelagh na Gig bookshop in the Cornstore and had a read of it with a cup of milky coffee afterwards in Bewleys. Went up the town then and nearly got a smelly new jumper in Taaffe's but Una's dogs scared me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Great thread!
    But I remember Woolworths where Supermacs is and Heatons was there before News at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

brutes1 wrote: »
    Bringing out the misses later , have to do something the night thats in it !, - not sure whether we should hit the Claddagh palace or have a few drinks in the Lions tower and then KnoKnos? Any ideas?

Never mind the Claddagh Palace, bring her to the Estoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Anyone remember the name of the hardware store where supermacs on cross st is?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

At the corner of bridge street? That was Carrs Paint and wallpaper shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm trying desperately to think of a joke but I think I may be too young...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm heading over to the Leaning Tower on Eglington Street if anyone fancies a few pints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I'm trying desperately to think of a joke but I think I may be too young...

Zhifago.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

Old Eyre Square before they ruined it (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

'Keatings Kills* but Courtneys Cures!!**'

*Keatings never killed me.
    **Courtneys never cured me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Next Beers in the Harbour Bar, no worries about closing time there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

and from there we can go to Brennans bar on the docks.

anyway I just went down Eglinton street there to the cop shop to report a robbery but gave up in the end. Headin to Taylor's now to get barred. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

are the grocery prices still the same at GTM ?

They are but Five Star is cheaper and they give Green Shield Stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If the seisiún in Clogs is a bit too mish mash, we can catch some serious tunes in Taylors ;)

Must remember to do my bets in Ginger Murphys or Gilmores before I go drinkin though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Sweet, my moms taking me to toymaster to get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle blimp.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement