Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

What did flannery do in 2012 that he isn't starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

kala85 wrote: »

I was about to ask the same, thought he acquitted himself quite well in a big game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think he's associated, along with Skehill/Cyril, with the second half collapse. He was put into a thankless position and deserves no blame. We don't know what Skehill we'll get on any given day: penalty saver or brainfart. That surely warranted giving Flannery a go yesterday to see what he can offer outside of training games.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

kala85 wrote: »
    He is very suspect under a high ball and has let in a few howlers at under age level - in particular minor and u21. He's a good shot stopper but just a bit small

Would imagine Joe Keane of portumna is really regretting his decision to transfer to Roscommon after being third choice the last few years...would much prefer him over both Flannery and Lally

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SarahOH

Are many heading up to the final on July 1st? And if so whereabouts are ye getting tickets for as I don’t fancy being stuck in the middle of half of Kilkenny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Tried to get tickets for the football online but it says they are no longer available online. Is it sold out or are tickets still available at SuperValu’s/centras?

Tried to get tickets for the football online but it says they are no longer available online. Is it sold out or are tickets still available at SuperValu’s/centras?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭flatty

SarahOH wrote: »
    Are many heading up to the final on July 1st? And if so whereabouts are ye getting tickets for as I don’t fancy being stuck in the middle of half of Kilkenny!
    Oh I fancy getting stuck right in the middle of them. If we stamp on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

At the uncles business today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Redo91 wrote: »

Think it might be sold out. Met one of the lads coming out of Super Valu yesterday evening who couldn't get any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Think it might be sold out. Met one of the lads coming out of Super Valu yesterday evening who couldn't get any.

The capacity is small enough in hyde Park isn’t it plus Roscommon would have a big following at home

Ya I rang Galway GAA today and they said themselves and all the Supermarkets are now sold out. I expected an official announcement. Hopefully one turns up closer to the day.

Ya I rang Galway GAA today and they said themselves and all the Supermarkets are now sold out. I expected an official announcement. Hopefully one turns up closer to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

There hasn't been any announcement from Ros GAA or the Connacht Council. Season Ticket holders are getting theirs today so there might be a small few returns for any ST holders who opt out. Presume these will go to the County Boards so keep an eye out tomorrow/Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Not surprised it's a hot ticket. Roscommon have a big football following, Galway will bring a crowd too. But you will also have people coming from all over the country. It should be good competitive game between 2 division 1 teams in a provincial final.

They are restricted to 18,000 which isn't a massive capacity for the first final there in years.

Also with both teams on the up interest will exceed that.

They're also not allowed to sell tickets on the day.

I MIGHT have two for sale, I'll know by Friday.

If my friend isn't going, I'm not going alone so I'll be shifting my two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If my friend isn't going, I'm not going alone so I'll be shifting my two.

Ah but how will you give out about the kick outs when they're happening during TV replays? :D

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Ah but how will you give out about the kick outs when they're happening during TV replays? :D

If you don't see the difference between us and Dublin and how it leads to issues I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If you don't see the difference between us and Dublin and how it leads to issues I'll leave it there.

Relax, I've already said I agree with you. We don't need to hear about it after every win however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Snapgal

Was just looking online on tickets.ie for the Leinster hurling final in Croke Park. See there are seats only in lower levels in stands and terrace. Does anybody know if they just want to get rid of lower level tickets first and then release tickets for upper stands? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Snapgal wrote: »
    Was just looking online on tickets.ie for the Leinster hurling final in Croke Park. See there are seats only in lower levels in stands and terrace. Does anybody know if they just want to get rid of lower level tickets first and then release tickets for upper stands? Thanks

Generally yes. Probably won't put upper stand on sale if and until all lower are sold out. Last year's final brought a record crowd well in excess of 60k, but I can't see this year's installment passing 50K max. Probably wait until nearer the date to avail of better located tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Connacht final tickets back on sale on tickets.ie today.

Connacht final tickets back on sale on tickets.ie today.
    Gone again it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭threeball

MfMan wrote: »
    Generally yes. Probably won't put upper stand on sale if and until all lower are sold out. Last year's final brought a record crowd well in excess of 60k, but I can't see this year's installment passing 50K max. Probably wait until nearer the date to avail of better located tickets.

Be lucky to get 35k. Kk won't travel and we won't bring more than 15 to 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Gone again it seems.

Yes last remaining tickets are sold.

Galway team for Sunday but will it start as selected?

Ruairí Lavelle
    Declan Kyne
    Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh
    David Wynne
    Cathal Sweeney
    Gareth Bradshaw
    Johnny Heaney
    Paul Conroy
    Tom Flynn
    Eamonn Brannigan
    Barry McHugh
    Seán Kelly
    Ian Burke
    Damien Comer
    Shane Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yes last remaining tickets are sold.

Galway team for Sunday but will it start as selected?

Ruairí Lavelle
    Declan Kyne
    Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh
    David Wynne
    Cathal Sweeney
    Gareth Bradshaw
    Johnny Heaney
    Paul Conroy
    Tom Flynn
    Eamonn Brannigan
    Barry McHugh
    Seán Kelly
    Ian Burke
    Damien Comer
    Shane Walsh

Kerin is a big loss if that team lines out as selected. With Silke already missing I'm not gone on Kyne and Wynne as a corner-back pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Kerin is a big loss if that team lines out as selected. With Silke already missing I'm not gone on Kyne and Wynne as a corner-back pairing.

Very light on backs alright. I think O'Donnell, Duane & Molloy are the only backs in the subs. I'd have started Duane ahead of Wynne. Hard to know with Molloy yet - might be too early to put him in. Then again, if Galway get to the super 8s and have a couple more injuries, he will be thrown in at the deep end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Is Duggan injured? After a MOTM performance against Mayo it would seem harsh to leave him out but KW is clearly a big fan of TF and he won't leave a senior player like Conroy out

The backs are average on paper but it hasn't really mattered as Galway are defending well collectively in numbers.

Different story defending against a full flowing Dublin and Kerry in CP though. Some of those match ups would look very ominous

I think Galway will win with a few to spare Sunday, but either way will be in the Super 8s anyway I'd imagine

Two terrace tickets going... can meet around town tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

jr86 wrote: »
    Is Duggan injured? After a MOTM performance against Mayo it would seem harsh to leave him out but KW is clearly a big fan of TF and he won't leave a senior player like Conroy out

The backs are average on paper but it hasn't really mattered as Galway are defending well collectively in numbers.

Different story defending against a full flowing Dublin and Kerry in CP though. Some of those match ups would look very ominous

I think Galway will win with a few to spare Sunday, but either way will be in the Super 8s anyway I'd imagine

He was injured for the Sligo match anyway (hamstring I heard). I dont know if he is fit for Sunday. However, if I was KW, I think I'd have gone with Flynn. He must be in good form in training - it is the only explanation for why he was picked v Mayo as he had a very indifferent league. He was ok v Mayo but he was superb when he came back on. Then, he followed that up with a very dominant display. He is more mobile than Duggan too. I like Duggan a lot but I can see why KW is going for Flynn here (assuming both are fit). Despite his flaws, Conroy remains our best midfielder. And Cooke hasnt done enough this year to be starting.

I think v Sligo, the Sligo goal came from very poor defending despite their being numbers back. Wynne got caught between 2 players without covering any which led to the goal. He does have pace though so I suspect that is why KW likes to play him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement