Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaders Debate part 2 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lilbelter

Obviously Gerry hasn't seen any GAA clubs accounts recently.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

At least john didn't say our best resource is our people. Really sick of that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Kenny will get the media praise tomorrow but this is all nonsense really. Soundbite after soundbite

Specific election manifestos and aims need to be published in advance of things like this. Let people see what parties promise to SPECIFICALLY achieve in black and white. They can be judged on this after their term.

Let these manifestos be scrutinised by experts via questions to leaders. In essence it would be the potential leader being interviewed and we would see each leader in this scenario. rather than have them answer generic questions from joe public where nothing specific will ever be put forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Gormley back in the game?

F;ucking GAA - who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What the f*ck is going on with Enda Kenny's eyebrows???? Has he lifted them so much in confusion that half of them have fallen off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

I’ve no political affiliation, but I’d rate them so far based on their contributions (which I’d admit aren’t awe inspiring from any of them) as follows…
    1. Enda
    2. Míchéal
    3. Gerry
    4. John
    5. Eamon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Anyone keeping count on Gilmore's Sept 08 mentions?

And he should keep bloody mentioning it. Labour made the right decision and they have the right policies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

fair play to Gerry for mentioning Corrib Gas, Martin was shi*ting a brick! then waffled about GAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mike Strutter

Thats it Gerry

Put him back in his box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Gerry: I didn't interrupt you once
    Michael: Yes you did
    Gerry: Ok

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its worrying that Adams can shut the lot of them up, he is the only presence up there.
    The rest of the are pink tie wearing ramblers

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lilbelter

pjmn wrote: »
    I’ve no political affiliation, but I’d rate them so far based on their contributions (which I’d admit aren’t awe inspiring from any of them) as follows…
    1. Enda
    2. Míchéal
    3. Gerry
    4. John
    5. Eamon

Second that

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Every time Martin opens his mouth i get more angry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

If Martin wants Adams to answer his question, will he shut up and let him and his ideas be put forward and make nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭baldbear

Martin and Gormley are putting the boot into Gerry and Enda fairly well. Well planned. Gerry is useless.

DUP comment - how will that go down?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

omg enda just lied through his teeth :eek: indeed cork county council mainly FG run has increased rates by 4%!

No he left a gap. He mentioned "FG councils have lowered or frozen rates in many areas, obviously there are some who have not"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Come on Gerry, tell us what you really think . .

"Im going to goto Germany, give Merkel the two fingers, on the way back give that tiny french git the two fingers, give the banks two fingers, give the bondholders two fingers, give the protestants the two fingers, spend the national pension reserve and worry about next year someway down the line" . .

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

The G.a.a are the illuminati, they control the outcome of every election, all these leaders know it , lol

Gerry should be much better on the economics by now. Its not as if he didn't expect the questions.

Nice to see Gilmore attack martin. Martin looking a bit uncomfortable there !

• Advertisement

"Not Anglo" - stupid under the breath comment that many would have heard - not smart.

Enda is very quiet

Is he still alive

Can we ask him was it cold in the ground this morning and to say hello to Elvis when he gets back, tell him we were all asking for him

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnie89

On a personal note... I just get more and more confused......

I wish they could find something to agree on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Right so I had no idea fg want first time buyers who chose not to fuel the property bubble to pay the price for those that did. I may now do what ive never done and always said i wouldnt and vote ff. That or just not vote. Seriously pissed off listening to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He left a gap and Martin drove a juggernaught through it.

Enda doesn't like being challenged- he doesn't do rebuttal

hot from cork ;

good question too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

How many times are we going to hear about the 5-point plan?

Ah cmon intelligent question !

I want to know - Why are you letting the banks raise interest rates when in a recession you're supposed to lower interest rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Mmmmmmilf :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

pjmn wrote: »
    1. Enda
    2. Míchéal
    3. Gerry
    4. John
    5. Eamon

people need to learn that this is all nonsense, debating and the like. We have gone all American looking for a believeable leader. I don't give a sh*te if our leader is a good debater and looks the part etc.....

put it in context, Bertie would wipe the floor with all these lads in a debate and we certainly wouldn't want him again.

This is entertainment, no substance to it WHATSOEVER

Advertisement