Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaders Debate part 2 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Can somebody not ask what the parties are willing to sacrifice for their country ?

Eg - If FG had the majority of seats and went into coalition with Labour, if people wanted Gilmore as leader would he step down for the greater good ?

Answer: of course not, but it would be good to watch him squirm!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Great. all of us unemployed graduates can either work at insulating old houses or work as a sales assisitant. i won't bother leaving now.

Its all pie in the sky rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

No-one is actually answering where the jobs will come from.

Retrofitting again! Yeah, 400,000 plus retrofitting jobs will be created this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Did they get a copy of the questions that were going to be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mike Strutter

Gormley - useless
    I was thinking it was a shame he didnt fall off that ladder when he was putting up his poster and break his neck in the opening credits.

But then i doubt you could break his of Michael Martins neck - hard - like a jockeys bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    This is a very poor format. Short snappy soundbites are the order of the day.

These politicians are supposed to get their message across quickly, concisely and in an informative style. Going on ramblings like Gormley did there ruins the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Martin: "Governments don't create Jobs".

Really?? You're government was responsible for bloating the public service out of all proportion, Mr. Martin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Martin talking through his hole as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Drumpot wrote: »
    Can somebody not ask what the parties are willing to sacrifice for their country ?

Eg - If FG had the majority of seats and went into coalition with Labour, if people wanted Gilmore as leader would he step down for the greater good ?

Answer: of course not, but it would be good to watch him squirm!
    If people wanted Gilmore as leader then Labour would have a bigger vote. How do know who the people want as the leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mike Strutter

EBAY HAHAHAHA

I interviewed with them last may and last time I spoke to their HR they said the positions were on hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Btw mr martin "We" have no world class companies. Its all FDI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I would say EG and actually JG are doing well, I don't think EK is doing as well as his fanboys here seem to think. He is sticking to his script so rigidly, and Pat seems to like giving him more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Am i going to be punished for not being an idiot.

we all are, its ridiculous, we were supposed to be ftb's later this year, now its jump in right now and hope for the best or a wait and see what happens in the next 4 years game :(

im sorry but it seems to me not one person there is talking sense....

where the hell are they (mostly enda and gerry) going to get the money to back all these 'proposals' the are promising????

dear god, they should be tearing strips out of FF not making it look like FF were right all through this election build up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What FG want to do is create mickey mouse schemes were people are forced to work for their dole and call it "jobs". Baroness Varadkar let the cat out of the bag last week on VB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

axer wrote: »
    If people wanted Gilmore as leader then Labour would have a bigger vote. How do know who the people want as the leader?
    not really, sure Kenny is bottom of the Leaders poll yet look at FGs ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Enda wiping the floor with the rest of them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Only men are emigrating? This GAA example does my head in.

Martin shouldn't use the term "honesty".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Looks like FG got the kind of debate that suits Kenny . .

He has been far from good but he has had the perfect opportunity to have a stage to get going without rebuttle.

Seriously, the only reason people will think Kenny was decent was because they expected such a lame performance, hes at best ok and thats only because of the "debate" setup . .

You can see Gilmore and Martin benefited from last weeks warm up . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

enda is doing alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Gerry has his hand up - probably to ask to go to the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lilbelter

Fair play Enda.... Actually gave some specific details on jobs.... the rest seem to be waffling...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Questions are pretty ****e. Are these the best they could come up with ?

Its no wonder FF keep getting voted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Gilmores doin alright he could do without the jazz hands though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Whenever Gilmore starts talking all I can hear in my head is "spoofer, spoofer, spoofer!"

Always good to see people listening with an open mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

hmmm Martin saying they did vote for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

These politicians are supposed to get their message across quickly, concisely and in an informative style. Going on ramblings like Gormley did there ruins the style.

Yeah but who wants to listen to this? There is nothing here I haven't heard before from any of them. It's basically to see who won't mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't help but feel they are all spoofing tbh. This country is down and out for the next few years anyway.

It would be more credible and believable to just have Merkel standing up there and ask her what our prospects are.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That's right Gerry, re-inflate the construction sector while there's a massive surplus of housing and other units and a falling population.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Where for the love of God are we getting Gerry's 7 Billion from? Its utter nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

missed the first ten minutes

i think martin and gormley are clawing back credibiility slowly but surely

i like what kenny is saying but he just dosnt have any sor tof personality to get behind

gilmore is a gob****e

i hate gerrys policy but he is a far better speaker then gilmore and kenny which is very unfortunate

Advertisement