Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Eyeing for this set for awhile now, I ll glad take it for 22e
    31078 Creator Treehouse Treasures £20

and then some choices to add up to £25 for free delivery :pac:
    76089 Mighty Micros: Scarlet Spider versus Sandman £5

76093 Mighty Micros Nightwing Vs. The Joker £4

the new Yoda hut at its lowest price to date £19

it looks like amazon lego are doing some sales so look up the sets that you have been wanting to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Tesco this morning..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What's the story with some of the other "Super Packs"?

They seem very pricy. It's like they've included things you'd normally get in a Lego City set (cars etc) but repackaged them as EXTRA sets included?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Saw that one the other day in my local Tesco but not at a price claiming to be half price. Added up the prices of the individual set on the shelf next to it and the super pack was a quid more expensive?!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Surprisingly cynical move from Lego.

In other news I just ordered the Lego City Hospital for my son (his Christmas first pick). Even without the expired €10 offer, €63.99 in Smyths is still way cheaper than anywhere else (€90 in Argos).

robinph wrote: »
    Saw that one the other day in my local Tesco but not at a price claiming to be half price. Added up the prices of the individual set on the shelf next to it and the super pack was a quid more expensive?!?

Added up the prices on smyths and it came to 52e... so at 25e I thought it was good value. Picked it up anyway.

Strangely they had a big display of them at the entrance marked at 50e and one shelf with them marked half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Picked up 2 of these 60197 trains earlier. Plan to put 2 together for a longer train and add the extra power up functions to one of the older cargo trains.

Noticed that the new 60204 City Hospital is €55 too which is a nice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I can't help but notice that the Arctic sets currently on sale have a very similar colour scheme to Dublin Bus. Unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Picked up 2 of these 60197 trains earlier. Plan to put 2 together for a longer train and add the extra power up functions to one of the older cargo trains.

Noticed that the new 60204 City Hospital is €55 too which is a nice

Good plan with the Trains. Look like they're designed to be joined together.

Where did you see the hospital for €55?
    Showing up as €64 for me.
    Is it cheaper in store?

Yes saw it in store on the Childers Road.

Its so rare we get a hospital that I got 2 of these too for <60 from Amazon to create a bigger version (with 2 ambulances as I have 2 small kids!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Up to €50 off sets in Argos today.

Absolutely the lowest price (probably the last chance) to get Porche 911 at about 170euro

And also Lego VIP double points until 31 Oct and free 5005359 Minifigure Collector Frame with order above 70euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Absolutely the lowest price (probably the last chance) to get Porche 911 at about 170euro

And also Lego VIP double points until 31 Oct and free 5005359 Minifigure Collector Frame with order above 70euro.

It's at the same price in Argos UK
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6074315

I picked it up in when it was €160 in argos here. (I'm blaming PaddyFagan!) I had sat on it as I wasn't sure if I was going to need the money and return it.

Glad I didn't, only started building it last night it is amazing. Already put a few hours in and I'm just over half way through box 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Taj Mahal reduced to £203 on Amazon. €329 on Lego Store and €299 on Smyth's website.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077TZTDF6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JAEYBb2ZM71H5

31079 is 50% off at the moment in Tesco, about 15e

Jurassic Park Velociraptor Chase 75932 35e at Smyths, the lowest I have seen and I got myself a set as it is the only 1 Jurassic set I want ha

With Black Friday deals popping up all over the place, this ne caught my eye
    https://www.johnlewis.com/search/lego/_/N-1z140g1?search-term=lego&sortBy=priceHigh

GBHQ for <€230 delivered! its an awesome set and that is some deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

https://www.johnlewis.com/search/lego/_/N-1z140g1?search-term=lego&sortBy=priceHigh

Great price, it's also be discontinued by Lego, so if you want it, get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

What is the delivery packaging like from John Lewis? I bought sets from Argos UK in the past and they were only thrown into a bag, arrived ruined.

Technic Rough Terrain Crane is currently £150 on Amazon.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

What is the delivery packaging like from John Lewis? I bought sets from Argos UK in the past and they were only thrown into a bag, arrived ruined.

Got the Saturn V from them last year - they'd put a thin cardboard box/shell around it, but it was still 'squashed' on route - I didn't care, I only wanted it to build - but if you're planning to stash it sealed, they're not the best.

Paddy

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Showing as Out of Stock now

Rough Terrain Crane €159 in Smyth's
    Ninjago City €225 super price!
    New Passenger Train €99 I got 2 of the seat this price and combine to make a very cool longer version

Some good Black Friday Discounts. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

And you can get a further €10 off the Ninjago city set if you use the €10 voucher that they emailed out (applies to any purchase over €100), super saving really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

The voucher is available on the Smyths front page and doens't need to be printed, just presented on your phone. Add to that a further 10 euro cashback if you use Bank of Ireland and sign up to their rewards scheme. They give a tenner back with your first over €100 purchase at Smyths.

They also give 10% cashback on purchases from Lego- could be handy on Black Friday. Both offers expire on the 3rd of December.

SFH also have 10% off with AIB rewards at the moment

Picked up the modular diner in Smyths, all in it should cost 99e (119e + 10% BF coupon + 10% cashback with AIB)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jacovs

mloc123 wrote: »
    Picked up the modular diner in Smyths, all in it should cost 99e (119e + 10% BF coupon + 10% cashback with AIB)

Works out near the same but its €10 coupon and €10 cashback. Just out of smyths myself to make use of the same.

Advertisement