Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 38 route - changed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Anyone know when the 38/A is going to have RTPI at the stops? I feel this would make a huge difference.

Also can someone of knowledge (AlekSmart I'm looking at you :)) explain what happens when as per Jaysoose's example the bus fails to go to the terminus.
    I'm thinking that logically this 38A would have been intended to be a 38A all day and would have been meant to do the reverse journey from Baggot Street to Damastown straightaway. So in this situation has the reverse journey been cancelled as well? Or does it reverse back immediately and become a 38A going from Trinity to Damastown, basically ignoring the people waiting between Baggot Street and Suffolk Street? Or are the buses more dynamic, would say a 70 in Baggot Street become the 38A for the journey back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Anyone know when the 38/A is going to have RTPI at the stops? I feel this would make a huge difference.

Also can someone of knowledge (AlekSmart I'm looking at you :)) explain what happens when as per Jaysoose's example the bus fails to go to the terminus.
    I'm thinking that logically this 38A would have been intended to be a 38A all day and would have been meant to do the reverse journey from Baggot Street to Damastown straightaway. So in this situation has the reverse journey been cancelled as well? Or does it reverse back immediately and become a 38A going from Trinity to Damastown, basically ignoring the people waiting between Baggot Street and Suffolk Street? Or are the buses more dynamic, would say a 70 in Baggot Street become the 38A for the journey back?

Hey...You lookin at me kid ...?

The situation you are describing is oddly enough quite commonplace in Public Transport Operations and is known as "Regulating".

You will come across it quite regularly in London,for example,although TfL and before them London Transport have a very well developed system of short-running on their system,particularly in the Central London zone.

The key in London is to take note of the final destination,which on older vehicles (such as Routemasters :) ) could be displayed seperately to the via points.

The nearest we can come to that here is to display a C or City Centre on the Destination.

However we do not have that long London tradition of customers actually noting the destination display rather than the just the numeral and assuming it`s "going all the way"

That said I`v experienced several times the ignominy of being turfed off a Bus midway through a journey to the strains of "All-Change Now Please"......usually accompanied by much mumbling and muttering on the part of the cheeky cockney customers too ! :D

That said,in Jaysoose`s case if the Bus was displaying Full Destinations it should have run the full route or transferred the passengers specifically to a bus that was.

It is highly unlikely,now almost impossible for this to be down to an individual driver,so I would imagine if in this instance the journey was operating 14 mins late that the journey was truncated by the Central Controller in order to regulate it and ensure it operated back on-schedule.

The real issue here,as I see it is a failure to communicate the situation effectively,either by having the destination appropriately set at City Centre OR by having the driver alert the passengers to the change of destination as early as possible.

It`s not perfect but the controllers have only a limited range of options available to get the late running duties back on schedule.

Mind you,Network Direct`s "Improvements" have not exactly "Improved" the situation for a goodly number of customers who continue to report largely negative experiences on this forum..:mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

AlekSmart wrote: »

The situation you are describing is oddly enough quite commonplace in Public Transport Operations and is known as "Regulating".

You will come across it quite regularly in London,for example,although TfL and before them London Transport have a very well developed system of short-running on their system,particularly in the Central London zone.

The key in London is to take note of the final destination,which on older vehicles (such as Routemasters :) ) could be displayed seperately to the via points.

The nearest we can come to that here is to display a C or City Centre on the Destination.

However we do not have that long London tradition of customers actually noting the destination display rather than the just the numeral and assuming it`s "going all the way"

That said I`v experienced several times the ignominy of being turfed off a Bus midway through a journey to the strains of "All-Change Now Please"......usually accompanied by much mumbling and muttering on the part of the cheeky cockney customers too ! :D

That said,in Jaysoose`s case if the Bus was displaying Full Destinations it should have run the full route or transferred the passengers specifically to a bus that was.

It is highly unlikely,now almost impossible for this to be down to an individual driver,so I would imagine if in this instance the journey was operating 14 mins late that the journey was truncated by the Central Controller in order to regulate it and ensure it operated back on-schedule.

The real issue here,as I see it is a failure to communicate the situation effectively,either by having the destination appropriately set at City Centre OR by having the driver alert the passengers to the change of destination as early as possible.

It`s not perfect but the controllers have only a limited range of options available to get the late running duties back on schedule.

Mind you,Network Direct`s "Improvements" have not exactly "Improved" the situation for a goodly number of customers who continue to report largely negative experiences on this forum..:mad:

I have no issue with services being changed to get things back on schedule but when the commuter buses are being changed mid-route its a disaster for the customers. Why not alter the buses running in the afternoons to catch up? the service from blanch has disintegrated to the point where customers cant rely on dublin bus to either turn up on time or run to the destinations stated.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    I have no issue with services being changed to get things back on schedule but when the commuter buses are being changed mid-route its a disaster for the customers. Why not alter the buses running in the afternoons to catch up? The service from blanch has disintegrated to the point where customers cant rely on dublin bus to either turn up on time or run to the destinations stated.

The essential principle behind the regulation of the service is that the late-running has to be addressed as it occurs.

If one has problems (and BOY !, have Dublin Bus manufactured some here) the focus has to be on preventing those from effecting the service on a knock-on basis.

The issue is compounded on routes such as Blanch by the large numbers of Duties involved,all part of an interlinked shift-pattern.

Statutory Work Time and equally Statutory Driving Time regulations all have to be complied with to the letter,with all kinds of horrible consequences awaiting a Driver or Controller who may break EU Working Time provisions.

Added to this is the reality that "Extra`Works" or additional stand-by resources once available to a controller to plug gaps in service are now minimal as a result of Staff and Vehicle cutbacks.

Less simply cannot result in More.

All of this means that when a route or group of routes experiences the problems described by Jaysoose on the scale described then something has gone wrong....VERY wrong.

It`s interesting that earlier this week Dublin Bus felt the need (confidence ?) to place advertisments in the media to publicise the success of the Blanchardstown Network direct "Improvements" .

The advertisments focused on the availability of frequent,direct services such as the 39A and on the face of it appear to contradict the opinions of Jaysoose and other posters on Boards....so.who`s version is the truth Jaysoose ?

A major source of Customer dissatisfaction being felt by Drivers and other customer-facing staff is the issue of many customers having had a set and acceptable level of service for,in some cases,decades,suddenly having this service removed overnight.

In the period immediately following Phase 1 of Network Direct the explosion of negative Customer Comment on here as well as directly to the company should have rung all manner of alarm bells but apparently not....This,to me,represents a major flaw in the ability of Network Direct to succeed operationally.

Bizzarrely it appears to most observers as if Dublin Bus took it`s most successful suite of services and products and systematically destroyed them,route by route,with scarcely a backward glance....that perception is the single greatest obstacle that now needs to be addressed,and fast !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

It`s interesting that earlier this week Dublin Bus felt the need (confidence ?) to place advertisments in the media to publicise the success of the Blanchardstown Network direct "Improvements" .
    alek i know we chew the same dirt together when dealing with the public but wasn't april fools day yesterday?.( not having a go at you my good colleague alek ,more like the advertisment). while i have always disagreed with jaysooses tone towards bus drivers,he does have a point and a very valid one at that. for jaysooses information and other like him. there has been a new 38 schedule sitting in phibs garage since jan and theres also a new 39 one as well. the problem here is that the N.T.A. are holding up everything. the new 38 schedule was meant to be introduced weeks ago and the new 39 this week, then next week and now if your lucky they might come in on April 10. but as long as the N.T.A. keep stalling on these nobody has a clue as to when they'll be out.

• Advertisement

alek i know we chew the same dirt together when dealing with the public but wasn't april fools day yesterday?.( not having a go at you my good colleague alek ,more like the advertisment). while i have always disagreed with jaysooses tone towards bus drivers,he does have a point and a very valid one at that. for jaysooses information and other like him. there has been a new 38 schedule sitting in phibs garage since jan and theres also a new 39 one as well. the problem here is that the N.T.A. are holding up everything. the new 38 schedule was meant to be introduced weeks ago and the new 39 this week, then next week and now if your lucky they might come in on April 10. but as long as the N.T.A. keep stalling on these nobody has a clue as to when they'll be out.

What tone exactly? asking a simple question and not being happy when lied to by a disinterested dublin bus driver?

Can someone of knowledge (AlekSmart I'm looking at you :)) explain what happens when as per Jaysoose's example the bus fails to go to the terminus.

I've read your answer twice and I still don't quite understand it.
    Again what actually happens to the Damastown to Baggot Street 38A when it becomes part of 'regulating'. Does it continue empty to Baggot St and do the reverse journey? Or does it start the reverse journey from Trinity straight away blanking the people waiting forlornly at the first 5/6 stops. Or is it 'regulated' away from the 38A route completely to fill in a gap in a different route?

(I know the 38 is not your route but I'm guessing the same procedures would happen on all routes).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

This thread does pose an interesting question

I board a 39 to baggott street (it says baggier street on the front) and buy a ticket to baggott street
    On arrival at trinity college the driver announces last stop or says there will be a wait for another driver

Am I allowed to use my ticket on another bus to get me to baggott street?

I've read your answer twice and I still don't quite understand it.
    Again what actually happens to the Damastown to Baggot Street 38A when it becomes part of 'regulating'. Does it continue empty to Baggot St and do the reverse journey? Or does it start the reverse journey from Trinity straight away blanking the people waiting forlornly at the first 5/6 stops. Or is it 'regulated' away from the 38A route completely to fill in a gap in a different route?

(I know the 38 is not your route but I'm guessing the same procedures would happen on all routes).
    it all depends on how late the bus is running. if it's a good 20 mins most likely they'll be sent around to westmoreland street and told to operate from the first stop that being eason on o'connell st. if it's a few mins they could be told to head straight up to baggot street to get back on time or turn it somewhere between baggot st. and the green.
    thomasj wrote: »
    This thread does pose an interesting question

I board a 39 to baggott street (it says baggier street on the front) and buy a ticket to baggott street
    On arrival at trinity college the driver announces last stop or says there will be a wait for another driver

Am I allowed to use my ticket on another bus to get me to baggott street?
    if you've to wait for another driver the answer to your question thomas is no, reason is the bus your on could be a few mins early getting into the city.
    now if it's last stop you'll honestly have to check with the driver. in most cases here they'll be told to transfer to another bus that would be coming within a few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

I just read most of the thread and feel that jaysoose should buy a car or a bike, then he will have no problems.

• Advertisement

vetstu wrote: »
    I just read most of the thread and feel that jaysoose should buy a car or a bike, then he will have no problems.

There are probably very few commuters left who are doing a bus commute (particularly the Blanchardstown routes) out of choice.
    Sadly for those of us without cars, (or parking spaces at the other end) or who work in an office without a shower meaning cycling is an unattractive option - this means that the bus is our only option.

There are probably very few commuters left who are doing a bus commute (particularly the Blanchardstown routes) out of choice.
    since most of the 39 route went to the A's ,the route it's self has become one of the best and fastest routes for getting into the city considering the amount of distance thats covered and thats through out the whole county. in fact i read here on C&T that some think it's just as quick as the train if not quicker.in some cases 45-55 mins from ongar to college green, the only down side is the problems with running time which brings us back to the O.P.'s thread. now if only the N.T.A. will get their thumbs out of their backside and do their job properly then dublin 15 would get the proper bus service that it deserves.as i have already said there are new workable schedules just waiting to be given the go-ahead by the N.T.A.until such time i'm afraid jaysoose and many other like him will have to put up with either getting of in the city and making their own way to their destination or be transferred to another bus.

since most of the 39 route went to the A's ,the route it's self has become one of the best and fastest routes for getting into the city

True, the 39A is very good. I've actually found myself using it to get home instead of the 38A, getting off at the Blanch centre and walking the 20 minutes to Mulhuddart.
    Though theres always the nagging thought that if I'd waited another 2 minutes maybe the 38A would have been along. :pac:

Which brings me to RTPI, any idea when its going to rolled out along the Blanch routes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

True, the 39A is very good. I've actually found myself using it to get home instead of the 38A, getting off at the Blanch centre and walking the 20 minutes to Mulhuddart.
    Though theres always the nagging thought that if I'd waited another 2 minutes maybe the 38A would have been along. :pac:

Which brings me to RTPI, any idea when its going to rolled out along the Blanch routes?

When I'm going to Mulhuddart from town I always take the first one of either the 39A or the 38A. I let 38's go by and take my chances,

vetstu wrote: »

If i had a choice of cycling to work or driving i would be doing it as i own both a car and a bike, its simply not a finacially viable option to drive and i have no shower facilities in work.

Thanks for contributing though your insight into the 38/a routes and network direct as a whole is invaluable.

Thanks for contributing though your insight into the 38/a routes and network direct as a whole is invaluable.

I think what is slowly becomin clear as Network Directs "improvements" are forced through in the various districts is the true nature of the Plan.

It`s reasoning now appears to focus on rapidly and comprehensively forcing changes to customers commuting patterns rather than Dublin Bus seeing itself as having to respond in any way to customer demands.

However as is becoming apparent,Dublin Bus is now having some very significant negative reaction from those customers who are thus affected.

I`m not certain the Network Direct Team as yet appreciate the depth of negative customer feeling that is out there and which will,given the opportunity,extract a level of revenge for their treatment over the past six months.

Whither stands the NTA in all of this I wonder ? ;)

I honestly think the network direct team are delusional and dont have the first clue what they are doing.

They have taken a resonably functioning route and butchered it to the point were its barely usuable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I honestly think the network direct team are delusional and dont have the first clue what they are doing.

They have taken a resonably functioning route and butchered it to the point were its barely usuable.

I think the big mistake DB made was trying to sell the changes as an improvement. That was never going to be the case and they knew it but for some reason they, or some expensive PR company they hired, came up with the Network Direct spin which has fooled no one.

New development this morning while waiting on the delayed 8:26 38a this morning the customer service agents are not picking up the phone. So we are in the situation were the buses are not running within 20 minutes of the timetables, they are not completing any journey and the only source of information is not functioning.

Was funny though one of the older buses comes to the snugborough road stop at 8:50 with the number 83 on the display and some guy pulls up in front of it and starts telling people its a 38a..there is a piece of cardboards with 38a scribbled on it in marker..didnt know wether to laugh or cry.

New development this morning while waiting on the delayed 8:26 38a this morning the customer service agents are not picking up the phone. So we are in the situation were the buses are not running within 20 minutes of the timetables, they are not completing any journey and the only source of information is not functioning.

Was funny though one of the older buses comes to the snugborough road stop at 8:50 with the number 83 on the display and some guy pulls up in front of it and starts telling people its a 38a..there is a piece of cardboards with 38a scribbled on it in marker..didnt know wether to laugh or cry.

Was the "some Guy" in a car ? ......You really should have taken some photo`s as the Network Direct Team will inisist you did not see any such thing,hallucinating,being vexatious,delusional etc etc....Black is White...you will be assimilated Jaysoose..resistance is futile :eek:

But on the positive side,the "tweaking" has resulted in the provision of some Cardboard and a Marker...Tweaking...a new concept in Public Transport,brought to you by......??????

• Advertisement

Was the "some Guy" in a car ? ......You really should have taken some photo`s as the Network Direct Team will inisist you did not see any such thing,hallucinating,being vexatious,delusional etc etc....Black is White...you will be assimilated Jaysoose..resistance is futile :eek:

But on the positive side,the "tweaking" has resulted in the provision of some Cardboard and a Marker...Tweaking...a new concept in Public Transport,brought to you by......??????

Im serious he pulled up and started directing people onto the bus etc then tells the driver to get into town a squick as he can...i wish i was making it up then i wouldnt have been late for work. It was quite funny to be fair and just shows how far the 'improvements' have taken the service were we are actually travelling back in time by using ancient buses that stink of damp.

The cardboard sign was hilarious though.. should have took a photo now that i think of it.

what actually happens to the Damastown to Baggot Street 38A when it becomes part of 'regulating'. Does it continue empty to Baggot St and do the reverse journey? Or does it start the reverse journey from Trinity straight away blanking the people waiting forlornly at the first 5/6 stops. Or is it 'regulated' away from the 38A route completely to fill in a gap in a different route?
    it all depends on how late the bus is running. if it's a good 20 mins most likely they'll be sent around to westmoreland street and told to operate from the first stop that being eason on o'connell st. if it's a few mins they could be told to head straight up to baggot street to get back on time or turn it somewhere between baggot st. and the green.

Cheers, it's roughly as I thought then.
    Though you have to admit its kind of warped that such an extreme action is taken to 'regulate' the system. Basically the people at the first few stops are just abandoned, They stand there optimistically in Leeson St waiting for the timetabled 38A bus thinking its maybe a little late, little knowing that its already halfway to Mulhuddart.

Though it does present a solution of sorts, seeing as DB are having such problems maintaining the timetable on the long new route. Why not officially terminate ALL the 38/38A buses somewhere in the town, perhaps somewhere like Hawkins Street?

Im serious he pulled up and started directing people onto the bus etc then tells the driver to get into town a squick as he can...i wish i was making it up then i wouldnt have been late for work. It was quite funny to be fair and just shows how far the 'improvements' have taken the service were we are actually travelling back in time by using ancient buses that stink of damp.

The cardboard sign was hilarious though.. should have took a photo now that i think of it.

Indeed Jaysoose,it would be funny,even hilarious if it were an isolated incident.
    Sadly in the post Network Direct environment this type of stuff is becoming the norm.

For more confirmation try taking a trip out to Dunlaoighre and find the terminus of the 46A......:eek:

Indeed Jaysoose,it would be funny,even hilarious if it were an isolated incident.
    Sadly in the post Network Direct environment this type of stuff is becoming the norm.

For more confirmation try taking a trip out to Dunlaoighre and find the terminus of the 46A......:eek:

Dont know if i care anymore to be honest im getting the train from tommorow i cant be late every morning and would rather walk from pearse to baggot street than trust the bus is either going to be on time or actually going that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Finally the new schedules with adjusted running times are being introduced, starting on Sunday April 17th, which one would hope will address the reliability issues that have bedevilled this route.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Timetable-changes-to-Blanchardstown-Routes/

Timetable changes to Blanchardstown Routes
    Friday, April 08, 2011

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers of the below changes from Sunday 17th April.
    Route 37 will now serve the Blanchardstown Centre and have a minor timetable change.
    Route 38 will have a minor timetable change.
    Route 38a will in future operate from Damastown via Blanchardstown Village and Scott’s Junction to the N3 bypass and on to Baggot Street (Grand Canal).
    Route 38b will operate a morning peak service from Damastown to Baggot Street (Grand Canal) via Blanchardstown bypass (i.e. the current route 38a alignment).
    Route 39 and 39a will have minor timetable changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

That is a little confusing that the current route the 38a takes will now be called the 38b, and the new 38a route will actually be a different route from what the 38a was previously. You can be sure at least a few people are going to be confused by that.

What a complete and utter pile of bolix that is.

So basically the shower of fcking kunts have scrapped the 38A except for the first 6 buses each day, and called it the 38B.

The 38A will now go through Blanchardstown Village instead of going straight down the N3 at Snugborough junction. This will add at least another 15 minutes to its journey. THERE IS NOT ONE FCKING PERSON ON THE ROUTE OF THE 38A WHO ASKED FOR THIS FCKING CHANGE.

And the 38A has been scrapped from town completely in the evening, instead going through Blanch Village at peak evening time, again adding another 15 minutes to it journey.

This is not an improvement, this is a fcking shambles.

SHOVE IT UP YOUR HOLE DUBLIN BUS, YOU INCOMPETENT SHOWER OF KUNTS.

What a complete and utter pile of bolix that is.

So basically the shower of fcking kunts have scrapped the 38A except for the first 6 buses each day, and called it the 38B.

The 38A will now go through Blanchardstown Village instead of going straight down the N3 at Snugborough junction. This will add at least another 15 minutes to its journey. THERE IS NOT ONE FCKING PERSON ON THE ROUTE OF THE 38A WHO ASKED FOR THIS FCKING CHANGE.

And the 38A has been scrapped from town completely in the evening, instead going through Blanch Village at peak evening time, again adding another 15 minutes to it journey.

This is not an improvement, this is a fcking shambles.

SHOVE IT UP YOUR HOLE DUBLIN BUS, YOU INCOMPETENT SHOWER OF KUNTS.

Good heavens,a spirited outburst indeed ArmaniJeanss,but have you not read the outline of Network Direct here....

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/
    Over the coming months a range of changes to routes and services will be introduced. There may be some changes to your regular Dublin Bus service – changes which are designed to provide you and your community with more reliable, faster, and more direct services that better reflect customers needs for bus travel.

Now there you are,these "Improvements" won`t just happen overnight you know or maybe your simply not good enough at "Reflecting your needs".... :)

It`s known as "Tweaking"...which in reality is a covert admission that something is`nt working,but it is a new phenomena so be gentle until we get the hang of it....:rolleyes:

In antiquity,Rome burned whilst Nero fiddled but in Modern Dublin this is the more likely outcome...
    Jaysoose : Dont know if i care anymore to be honest im getting the train from tommorow i cant be late every morning and would rather walk from pearse to baggot street than trust the bus is either going to be on time or actually going that far.

Undoubtedly,the stats will show Jaysoose to be in a minority of one whilst the vast majority of DB customers bask in the glow of Network Direct`s "improvements".

What`s to be done.....Who will actually listen to,or take heed of,what the People are saying ?

Perhaps ArmaniJeanss,if you give it a chance for one more week and see if the tweaks actually help...?

Perhaps ArmaniJeanss,if you give it a chance for one more week and see if the tweaks actually help...?

Lols, someone in Dublin Bus probably genuinely believes this :pac:

Slightly calmer now and I can see whats happened.
    The people in Blanch village were (rightly) peeved that the majority of what was the 39 route were now 39As which bypassed them, so they have now been given an extra 30 or so 38As. The people who get the 38A are the ones who will have to pay for this, looking whistfully down the empty buslane of the N3, wondering why instead their bus now has to join the mess of traffic lights (4 in total), pedestrian crossings and junction bottlenecks that is Blanchardstown village in the mornings and the evenings.

To add to the farce of this move Alek, its worth pointing out that The Powers That Be spent a pretty penny redesigning the M50/N3 roundabout, which resulted in buses (and other traffic) being given a lovely new lane that completely bypassed the main roundabout completely on the way into town. And now those 30 daily 38As are no longer going to use that lane.

I can't emphasise enough how this 'tweak' is a further negative change to a route that had already been disimproved by ND phase 1.

• Advertisement

Lols, someone in Dublin Bus probably genuinely believes this :pac:

The people who get the 38A are the ones who will have to pay for this, looking whistfully down the empty buslane of the N3, wondering why instead their bus now has to join the mess of traffic lights (4 in total), pedestrian crossings and junction bottlenecks that is Blanchardstown village in the mornings and the evenings.

To add to the farce of this move Alek, its worth pointing out that The Powers That Be spent a pretty penny redesigning the M50/N3 roundabout, which resulted in buses (and other traffic) being given a lovely new lane that completely bypassed the main roundabout completely on the way into town. And now those 30 daily 38As are no longer going to use that lane.

I can't emphasise enough how this 'tweak' is a further negative change to a route that had already been disimproved by ND phase 1.

You raise a very pertinent point here ArmaniJeanss,in that we,as a nation are now lectured on a daily basis about having to become more efficient and better able to utilize our existing resources if we`re to survive.

Yet by the look of this we see the Citys Primary Provider of Public Transport walking away from the very resources it spent decades loudly pleading for.

The City now appears to be ringed with major new Roads all featuring full Bus Priority measures,along which Dublin Bus comprehensively resists operating Bus Routes.....Did the Planners have their maps upside down ?.....Were they even using maps of Dublin at all ?

Even the City Centre suffers from this insanity,as with the removal of the 3 and 11 routes from the Swords Road QBC at exactly the time when that QBC is at last allowing the Routes (and Customers) utilizing it to reap full benefit from it.

This aspect of Network Direct`s "Improvements" definitely brings Dublin Bus into direct conflict with the likes of the QBN Office and even the NTA....:o

Advertisement