Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman/Strawman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Selnyc

Barrington wrote: »
    Same way if I walked across your land every day for 20 years, and then you decided to build a house right where I usually walk, I can make you move the house because I have earned a right of way over your land.

Yeah good luck with that one,why couldn't he be countersued for trespassing for 20 years.

That is probably the most ridiculous thing ive read on here

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Selnyc wrote: »
    Yeah good luck with that one,why couldn't he be countersued for trespassing for 20 years.

I think its the right idea, as far as I remember it only applies is civil matters, the idea is that if your neighbour does something that effects you or your property for over a year without objecting then they allowed to do this "by licence".

I don't know if applies to the example of the house.

Please correct if wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Mob has highlighted the problem inherrent in modern society which is peoples voluntary devolution of power to some mythical Government Entity

Mythical? Fairly sure it's quite real. Curious about how it's a problem? Seems like the most efficient way of running things?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah Phantom, cos the Country is being Run SOOOOOOOOOOO Well at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Selnyc wrote: »

Stupid as it may seem, it's true. If I can prove I've walked along a certain bit of the land for 20 years and you try to build something on it meaning I have to go a different way, I can object to your planning permission. Mayb walking is a bad example. Consider a laneway that I drive on to get to my field. The laneway is on your land. I could go another way, but for 20 years your father let me drive down the laneway. Your father then gives you the land to build a house on, and you decide to build it where the lane is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Yeah Phantom, cos the Country is being Run SOOOOOOOOOOO Well at the moment

Why do you capitalise random letters? Do you really think letting people do whatever they want would improve the situation? also why do you feel you have a right to usurper the government that the people have voluntarily devolved power to?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

King Mob wrote: »

What is the point of this question exactly?

Not being funny here but it was a request for information...obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Stupid as it may seem, it's true. If I can prove I've walked along a certain bit of the land for 20 years and you try to build something on it meaning I have to go a different way, I can object to your planning permission. Mayb walking is a bad example. Consider a laneway that I drive on to get to my field. The laneway is on your land. I could go another way, but for 20 years your father let me drive down the laneway. Your father then gives you the land to build a house on, and you decide to build it where the lane is.

The case involving public rights of way at Lissadell House illustrates the difficulties with these issues from a legal perspective - and the unintended consequences that can sometimes arise:

http://www.lissadellhouse.com/statement.html

In this case, the public rights - defended by local government - overruled the private rights the owners wanted to exercise over their own land.

Which side do freemen support in this case?

Slogo CC Have neither conSulted or contracted with those people, tis an Odd case tho cos on the one hand the new owners of the house DO wish to open the Building up to the Public, what with the Art Gallery n stuff, BUT if No Public right of way existed Previously then a new Contract needs to be drawn.

That case sorta smells of Gombeenism Begrudgery

Oh ya think ya can be Lord o the Manor do ya mister Smartypants

We'll fix ya.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Not being funny here but it was a request for information...obviously.
    OK... And what was the point of me supplying the information exactly? What does it add to my points?
    Seems a little random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

It doesn't in cities/towns and housing estates, but I have seen plenty where they extend to the centre of the road. mainly rural areas.

I havent.... and i own a house in the rural or sticks as it better known :)
    and have owned houses in Dublin urban areas as well

you can object .... like anyone can object.. but it doesnt mean your objection will be upheld.... its a form of objection, it is not a legal right iirc...

The Boundary thing is interestin as it comes down to Posession, if Recently you have bought a house, thats what you have bought, a House and Right of way to it, if You own the Site outright then the Frontage is yours to the middle of the Road, same applies with streams and beaches AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The Boundary thing is interestin as it comes down to Posession, if Recently you have bought a house, thats what you have bought, a House and Right of way to it, if You own the Site outright then the Frontage is yours to the middle of the Road, same applies with streams and beaches AFAIK

And this allows you to ignore the rules of the road on the stretch of the road you own then?

How exactly does this effect your case and give you the right to ignore what ever payment the evil government is demanding from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Not only that but its your responsibility to keep your Roadfront clean.

Again I ask, I own the road to the centre, it is 100% mine, a part of my property. At the same time I have to maintain it to someone else's standard, If its mine why can I not let it become overgrown?

Are you beholden to the government for the state of your garden?, your house? Why would a freeman tolerate the government deciding what he does with his own land?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I heard a rumour earlier that a case in Dublin District Court 52 today that a judge got up and left because of a freeman being a freeman.

Don't know much about it but if I hear anything else I'll post it.

i am sorry thats not the case.... at all....
    you buy your property, it does not include the public road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 betterireland

uprising2 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour earlier that a case in Dublin District Court 52 today that a judge got up and left because of a freeman being a freeman.

Don't know much about it but if I hear anything else I'll post it.

Yes this true, It was me m8

Seriously?, what happened, fill in the blanks. What was the supposed harm or loss you caused and what was the outcome?

Please if your spoofing and it wasn't you don't fill this with fantasy, be truthful, and if your genuine, fair play to ya!

They have wireless in Mountjoy now ;)

Just taking the piss but do you mean it was you or your mate?

• Advertisement

They have wireless in Mountjoy now ;)

Just taking the piss but do you mean it was you or your mate?

Yea noticed it was most probably his mate, i took it up wrong.

And yea plenty of facebook heads in the Joy, GPRS.

doesnt matter

i want you to edit my name details of this please, or i will have report you

Sorry, now you edit yours
    If I missed anything let me know and i will sort it quick.

Delete your post

i want you to edit my name details of this please, or i will have report you

Delete the post that I¨ve quoted here of your - post 174.

Fair balls to you by the way. Hope it works out. I've been in court a few times and every time I just completely bottled it, could barely say my name so I admire your courage.

I don't mind sharing info or telling my story, But come on, My personal info was in that.

Freeman works, I have won/dismissed 3 cases so far, And yes., I made the judge leave the court room, Which was witnessed.
    The more calm you keep in court , The easier it becomes.

I don't mind sharing info or telling my story, But come on, My personal info was in that.

Freeman works, I have won/dismissed 3 cases so far, And yes., I made the judge leave the court room, Which was witnessed.
    The more calm you keep in court , The easier it becomes.

so what happened?

So you know I'm not being rude if I don't reply tonight - It's an hour later here and I'm up for work at 6 but I'm fascinated to hear what happened.

PM's sent buddy sorry!

I obtained that document as explained in PM.

so what happened?

So you know I'm not being rude if I don't reply tonight - It's an hour later here and I'm up for work at 6 but I'm fascinated to hear what happened.

THE DOCUMENT THAT WAS POSTED BY THE OTHER USER, Is mine. My notice of understanding and intent and claim of rights. Which is notarized by peace commish.
    I lodge it into the courts through the clerk b4 the judge sat.
    And when i was called i made it noted on the record that i lodged a document which they can not ignore now.
    I also told the judge i except her oath today, "4& on the record.
    I questioned her on what law she was using to judge me on, And that is the reason she had to leave. So she can return and try trick you using another law/code to convict you with.
    So you question her again.And keep referering to the doc lodged/

• Advertisement

THE DOCUMENT THAT WAS POSTED BY THE OTHER USER, Is mine. My notice of understanding and intent and claim of rights. Which is notarized by peace commish.
    I lodge it into the courts through the clerk b4 the judge sat.
    And when i was called i made it noted on the record that i lodged a document which they can not ignore now.
    I also told the judge i except her oath today, "4& on the record.
    I questioned her on what law she was using to judge me on, And that is the reason she had to leave. So she can return and try trick you using another law/code to convict you with.
    So you question her again.And keep referering to the doc lodged/

I heard you did well, and apologies again for posting your personal document, no malice was intended.

I think you should edit it and repost it along with some tips for interested parties, spread the word, that was my miscalculated action.

Advertisement