Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 5th March - Dublin - O'Reilly's Sub Lounge - 8pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The Bleeding horse
    It's horrible. You have to lean over the bar, and even though you can't take any more, you just have to keep saying "Thank you sir may I have another?" until the man behind the bar is satisfied that you've genuinely reached your limit.

So an average Friday night, then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

O'Neill's
    Ever any scores at these events? :D

nil all, so far...

:-P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

O'Neill's
    nil all, so far...

:-P

WHAT?!?!?! Disgraceful. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

O'Neill's
    WHAT?!?!?! Disgraceful. :p

yeah... i've a poor attack up front and things get rather shakey at the back.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Dicey Reilly's
    Ever any scores at these events? :D

People + drink + attraction = Win.

• Advertisement

O'Neill's
    Pyr0 wrote: »
    People + drink + attraction = Win.

I love scoring mathematics! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

The Bleeding horse
    I love scoring mathematics! :)

If any guy is willing to legally change their name to mathematics they're in there! :pac:

O'Neill's
    NothingMan wrote: »
    If any guy is willing to legally change their name to mathematics they're in there! :pac:

Jesus, I sounded like a bitch in heat in that last post. Best get myself to a cold shower! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hanging around AH for a while, never post much but always up for a few
    pints and a bit of banter, sure might aswell go for the craic :)

O'Neill's
    I'm thinkin' I might not bother as I wouldn't be drinking. Drunk people are fine when you yourself are drunk, but are fooking annoying if you're sober. :D Plus no Dutch courage!

• Advertisement

The Bleeding horse
    I'm thinkin' I might not bother as I wouldn't be drinking. Drunk people are fine when you yourself are drunk, but are fooking annoying if you're sober. :D Plus no Dutch courage!

You said you "sort of" gave up drinking, so why not just "sort of" get hammered?

Still not sure if I'll be going, friend is having a birthday the same night but in a much more expensive club. I'd be much more at home in the Sub and €3.20 a pint my wallet will be relieved too. We'll have to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nothin worse than meetin the lads for a few pints when theyre already
    smashed, means either leaving or swallowing half a bottle of vodka to catch up :p

O'Neill's
    You said you "sort of" gave up drinking, so why not just "sort of" get hammered?

I really try not to get hammered any more. Turns me into a right eejit. :D Plus, I think I'm growing up because I'm not really interested in getting hammered anymore.

The friend's birthday that you're attending, how good a friend is it?

O'Neill's
    IPAM wrote: »
    Nothin worse than meetin the lads for a few pints when theyre already
    smashed, means either leaving or swallowing half a bottle of vodka to catch up :p

And drunk people repeat themselves a lot. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

The Bleeding horse
    yeah... i've a poor attack up front and things get rather shakey at the back.

:pac:

Wait a second.. I've seen you turn down a chance. With a mod no less! :eek:

The Bleeding horse
    reallyrose wrote: »

Hahaha, and he had such a sexy mustache too. How could you turn that down!

O'Neill's
    Hahaha, and he had such a sexy mustache too. How could you turn that down!

yeah well ya see... there's this whole heterosexuallity thing I got going for me...

Shame he took it to heart so much :P

O'Neill's
    yeah well ya see... there's this whole heterosexuallity thing I got going for me...

Oh, I see. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

The Bleeding horse

Shame he took it to heart so much :P

That's sexist. And mustashist.

O'Neill's
    That's sexist. And mustashist.

if by calling me sexist you are implying i would reject intimate advances from them based on their gender.

yes... then i'm openly discriminating against all men with that regards by denying them... me...:pac:

• Advertisement

O'Neill's
    eh... i resent them tags... if yer gonna shorten me name... say drav! ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If you get banned from AH are you then banned from the beers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

I think I might go along and just introduce myself with my real name. Preserve my online anonymity and avoid the dreaded conversation:

"Hi I'm ***. My handle's Russell Turing".
    "Who?".

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Bleeding horse
    hmmmmmm I may just appear at this one :eek:

Yay! :)
    lizt wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm kinda tempted but I'm just afraid I'd show up and people would be like who the hell are you?

Ah, that's happened me a good few times. But sure, its a good conversation starter. A good idea is to meet up with someone before hand and head in if you haven't been before as it can be daunting.
    I think I might go along and just introduce myself with my real name. Preserve my online anonymity and avoid the dreaded conversation:

"Hi I'm ***. My handle's Russell Turing".
    "Who?".

Go in with lizt ! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Dicey Reilly's
    Any room for one more at this gig :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I think I'll make an appearance at this one, is there a door policy as I might bring a mate or two.

Dicey Reilly's
    Kasabian wrote: »
    I think I'll make an appearance at this one, is there a door policy as I might bring a mate or two.

There's never a problem bringing people with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Kasabian wrote: »

Come on, be honest. you don't have mates :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Pyr0 wrote: »
    There's never a problem bringing people with you.

Not this again.... :p

• Advertisement

Dicey Reilly's
    Misticles wrote: »
    Not this again.... :p

?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement