Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 5th March - Dublin - O'Reilly's Sub Lounge - 8pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Bleeding horse
    And YOU didn't want me to scare off newbs...

:eek:

:P

Who doesn't love a challenge!

Ah ballsology, why are these things always on when I'm busy :(

I've never been to an AH beers. Goddammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Bleeding horse
    Ah ballsology, why are these things always on when I'm busy :(

I've never been to an AH beers. Goddammit.

Boo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Will people be wearing names tags? If so should your username be used or real name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

The Bleeding horse
    Will people be wearing names tags? If so should your username be used or real name?

No. Ever see the father ted episode where mrs doyle tries to guess the priests name?? Itll be like that but for 20 odd people...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Whats the smoking area like in The Sub Bar? Am I going to end up outside the DART station with the local wildlife? Can I avoid the youth music by staying in the smoking area in order to talk to people?

*Rant - Amplified music where people are trying to talk - what a bloody stupid idea. If you want music in the bar then wear your newfangled feckedy iPatch thingy and let the grownups flirt talk.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The Bleeding horse
    The smoking area is right next to our reserved area, it's heated too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

O'Neill's
    The Master wrote: »
    The smoking area is right next to our reserved area, it's heated too

I wonder how regularly they have them fire breathing hotties around there to... wouldn't mind a bitta heating up from'em.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Dicey Reilly's
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Whats the smoking area like in The Sub Bar? Am I going to end up outside the DART station with the local wildlife? Can I avoid the youth music by staying in the smoking area in order to talk to people?

*Rant - Amplified music where people are trying to talk - what a bloody stupid idea. If you want music in the bar then wear your newfangled feckedy iPatch thingy and let the grownups flirt talk.

The music level in the reserved area is actually low enough to have a conversation over.

Yes, wear a name tag. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

never been to an ah beers.

Just one question

Do the mods boot you out if you've had to much to drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

The Bleeding horse
    blaze1 wrote: »

Just one question

no they're too busy with the coke and the hookers to even notice :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

O'Neill's
    blaze1 wrote: »

Just one question

In the pub, the mods are just users. The pub have their own mods, although we usually just refer to'em as bouncers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Not quite true. I modded my wife last weekend and banhammered her from the pub for 6 weeks for talking off topic. That should see me through to the end of the six nations.:)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

In the pub, the mods are just users. The pub have their own mods, although we usually just refer to'em as bouncers.

So I can't bring my yellow and red cards? what about my ban hammer? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

The Bleeding horse
    So I can't bring my yellow and red cards? what about my ban hammer? :(

Yours is detachable!? :eek:

Impressive...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Yours is detachable!? :eek:

Impressive...

Yeah, it's in my pocket. Whip it out there if ya want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just be aware that Hot Lips will be locking up after midnight :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

In the pub, the mods are just users. Losers The pub have their own mods, although we usually just refer to'em as bouncers.

fyp!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Sanjuro wrote: »
    So is there some sort of secret handshake we have to know, or an initiation ceremony for us newbs?

It's horrible. You have to lean over the bar, and even though you can't take any more, you just have to keep saying "Thank you sir may I have another?" until the man behind the bar is satisfied that you've genuinely reached your limit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

hmmmmmm I may just appear at this one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hmm, I'm kinda tempted but I'm just afraid I'd show up and people would be like who the hell are you?

Dicey Reilly's
    lizt wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm kinda tempted but I'm just afraid I'd show up and people would be like who the hell are you?

No one really cares "who" you are on boards, if you've 10,000 posts or 30. It doesn't matter! It's all about the drink and the laughs/making friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

O'Neill's
    lizt wrote: »

Me too. How would you go about introducing yourself? "Hi, I'm Poor Craythur. Yes, Poor Craythur is a woman. Now let's go get nicely tanked up."

O'Neill's
    Me too. How would you go about introducing yourself? "Hi, I'm Poor Craythur. Yes, Poor Craythur is a woman. Now let's go get nicely tanked up."

first time i went... i was... "so.... after hours ey?"

was hard enough finding the place... the pub didnt have their name up. ended up asking most of the bouncers on the street.

O'Neill's
    first time i went... i was... "so.... after hours ey?"

was hard enough finding the place... the pub didnt have their name up. ended up asking most of the bouncers on the street.

The "pub with no name" then? ;)

I've sort of given up drinking so that makes it more nerve-wracking. What happened after you said "so... after hours ey?" :)

Dicey Reilly's

That's pretty much it. Everyone will be so tanked they'll forget your real name anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

The Bleeding horse

Mostly people introduce themselves with their real names, and then usually you're asked what your Boards username is. Then one of two things can happen: the first is that expression of understanding and ill-hidden glee as they match your face to your Boardsie persona, the second is that expression of complete incomprehension and you usually get a mumbled "Oh yeah, I think I've seen you around..."

Either way, it doesn't really matter, and like some of the lads have said it's really all about meeting new people, making a few new friends and drinking lots of pints. :D

O'Neill's
    The "pub with no name" then? ;)

I've sort of given up drinking so that makes it more nerve-wracking. What happened after you said "so... after hours ey?" :)

haha, na it had a name... can't remember what now... heard it's closed down since... prob because no one could find it :D

after the "so after hours"... hmmm I'm not entirely too sure, but it mustn'd of been all that bad. Been out drinking at AH beers quite a few times since.

:cool:

• Advertisement

O'Neill's
    haha, na it had a name... can't remember what now... heard it's closed down since... prob because no one could find it :D

after the "so after hours"... hmmm I'm not entirely too sure, but it mustn'd of been all that bad. Been out drinking at AH beers quite a few times since.

:cool:

Ever any scores at these events? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement