Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Computer

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Headshot wrote: »
    sorry for the bump but can someone recommend (im not sure what its called tbh) a pc component that has an Ethernet to access the internet via broadband for my computer

I know my motherboard (i think) has one built into it but im starting to believe that is becoming dodgy

PCI ethernet card is what you want.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/127145/art/d-link/pci-ethernet-card-gigabit.html

The onboard is acting up a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,995 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

marco_polo wrote: »
    PCI ethernet card is what you want.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/127145/art/d-link/pci-ethernet-card-gigabit.html

The onboard is acting up a bit?

I think it is mate, seems a bit dodgy. Im not sure is it eircom or my computer so ill get the PCI card and ill know for sure then

I might get a PCI card local so is there anything I need to look out for or will any of them work with my motherboard

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Headshot wrote: »
    I think it is mate, seems a bit dodgy. Im not sure is it eircom or my computer so ill get the PCI card and ill know for sure then

I might get a PCI card local so is there anything I need to look out for or will any of them work with my motherboard

Any of them should work fine, if you are not sure which is at fault yet the cheaper the better frankly.

What sort of problems are you having? Usually if a network card is acting up , rather than intermittently it will simply not work at all, so I'd bet money on the problem being Eircom TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,995 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

marco_polo wrote: »
    Any of them should work fine, if you are not sure which is at fault yet the cheaper the better frankly.

What sort of problems are you having? Usually if a network card is acting up , rather than intermittently it will simply not work at all, so I'd bet money on the problem being Eircom TBH.

my connection is ****ing awful but its showing no sign of fault at the modem and when i rang eircom technicians they havent noticed any fault in the line

I reckon its eircom myself but ya never know

Im just losing the connection and cant play online for long. It just happened me there a minute ago trying to play black ops on the pc and my ping is just beyond crap

Advertisement