Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Computer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,018 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks for the reply Nuxxx

the "power adapter from the psu into the motherboard" could be in im not sure

the cable looks like its in but I cant see unless I lift up the cooler but the cable goes from the psu to the motherboard (you can see it in the video there) but I cant be sure is it plugged in but I would think so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

if the 8pin power wasn't plugged in it'll still power up but the cpu won't so i don't think thats it could be a case of just unplugging and replugging the 24 power

actually I think this is what your talking about Nuxxx

yea the detacable 4pin secton (left side of the 24pin) dosn't appear to be sitting in it propally best unplugging it and plugging it back in

No luck metal, the picture was misleading, it was in fine but I still unplugged it and replugged it back in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Not trying to be smart but have you definately flicked the switch at the back of the power supply. Theres an on/off button

nuxxx wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart but have you definately flicked the switch at the back of the power supply. Theres an on/off button

:)

sure have, the I/O

im using the cable from my printer in the back of the computer, not sure does that make a difference. it strictly says 230v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Maybe borrow one tomorrow to be sure, I bet its something simple like that

and god said let their be power

bingo we have power, I think it was the cables fault.

I hope I have the fans on the right way thou. The air is blowing in front and the air is coming in from the top
    ie the air is blowing onto the graphics card

sounds right if you ask me

(btw thanks metal and Nuxxx for bearing with me )

• Advertisement

nope not the right way round actually the air is meant to to blowing out from the top :O

nope not the right way round actually the air is meant to to blowing out from the top :O

ugh

life is never easy

going to sort it out now or just leave it till tomorrow?

going to sort it out now or just leave it till tomorrow?

now

Im one of these fellas that once I start a job I have to have it done right away

so metal about these fans, im not sure about them

Just to make sure this is the way the airflow is supose to go

2ypfej4.jpg

so the black fan that is facing out (one with the things sticking out at the corner) so that goes below the cpu cooler and the other goes beside the case

that right ?

yep the one on the bottom should be blowing air through the heatsink while the one at the top of the case should be blowing out hot air out of the top of the case so it's just a case of swapping the fans around because the actual heatsink it self is the right way round

So iv that swapped over

the one beside the case is slightly higher than the the other if you get me. Somthing is stopping it going down any further but all is working perfectly

So i think that's all metal ?

it's upside down i think cause i expierienced that exact same problem when i was installing an a50 for a client.
    the fan cable should be coming out from the bottom not the top that could be the problem.

it's upside down i think cause i expierienced that exact same problem when i was installing an a50 for a client.
    the fan cable should be coming out from the bottom not the top that could be the problem.

its the thing that locks in the cpu cooler thats causing it

I dont think it will make a difference will it ?

• Advertisement

ohh may be the heatsink itself could be long way round then =s

plus it would make a massive difference because heat rises so the case is designed so the air flows that way so it's pulling cool air from the bottom and excausting it out the top but having the cpu cooler mounted the way round like yours is pulling blow in the opasit direction of the airflow and completely disrupting not to meantion it would be blow hot air onto you expensive gpu :O

god i starting to hate this computer stuff :pac:

if I take up the cpu cooler, do i have to redo the rubbing alcohol on the cpu and cooler?

nope that should be still grand just need to take it off and turn it around

nope that should be still grand just need to take it off and turn it around

ill give it a shot metal, thanks again for all the help, I wouldnt beable to do it without ya

not a problem mate =D
    let me know how you get on with that

iv given up metal, iv tried each way , changed the lock bar to the other side too

but it doesnt matter the lock bar hinders the fans

well your not overclocking it atm so your just better off fitting the stock heatsink and fit the a70 another time maybe get someone in your area to help you out with it

well your not overclocking it atm so your just better off fitting the stock heatsink and fit the a70 another time maybe get someone in your area to help you out with it

driving me nuts what im doing wrong tbh

its probably the simplistic thing too

Ill get someone else to do it for me, I dont have the patience for it

thanks again for the help

This is the problem im having

OJ7q0.jpg

left hand side is pissing me off

• Advertisement

Im happy to report I finally got the system going thanks to a computer shop

Got home and installing windows at the moment but im having trouble trying to get the internet going on it

I plug the cable in to the back of computer and the lights comes on but looking at the desktop, there's a big X on the the computer symbol at the Right hand corner of the destop

Any idea what's wrong folks ?

Advertisement