Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Computer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Headshot wrote: »
    Im happy to report I finally got the system going thanks to a computer shop

Got home and installing windows at the moment but im having trouble trying to get the internet going on it

I plug the cable in to the back of computer and the lights comes on but looking at the desktop, there's a big X on the the computer symbol at the Right hand corner of the destop

Any idea what's wrong folks ?

Check that the drivers are installed first and that the adapter isn't disabled. You may have two network adapters also. Otherwise the normal default DHCP mode should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,018 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks for the reply spear

I inserted the eircom cd to install the router driver and im getting an error code

"The installation CD was unable to find a network adaptor in your computer. Make sure your computer's network adaptor is installed, enabled and working correctly"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

thanks for the reply spear

I inserted the eircom cd to install the router driver and im getting an error code

"The installation CD was unable to find a network adaptor in your computer. Make sure your computer's network adaptor is installed, enabled and working correctly"

You don't need that Eircom CD, it can only cause grief.

Check device manager, under network adapters and see what's there. Alternately check the network connections window and see what's listed.

just checked and there's nothing in that "change adaptor settings"

doesnt look good

just checked and there's nothing in that "change adaptor settings"

doesnt look good

Just sounds like no driver. Did they supply the motherboards driver disc?

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Just sounds like no driver. Did they supply the motherboards driver disc?

nope the only disk they included was the graphics card one

nope the only disk they included was the graphics card one

What motherboard was it again?

What motherboard was it again?

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, AM3, ATX

im trying to find a driver for it at the moment but no luck, maybe you'll have better luck :o

edit

I think im getting some where

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?p_id=umllthnrm4igqnbl but im not sure of what to download

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Here's a link to your mobo ethernet driver. Download it and save it on a flash drive and install it on your new pc.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=M4A88TD-V%20EVO/USB3&f_name=Realtek_LAN_57647022010_62416232010_7236232010.zip

sink wrote: »
    Here's a link to your mobo ethernet driver. Download it and save it on a flash drive and install it on your new pc.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=M4A88TD-V%20EVO/USB3&f_name=Realtek_LAN_57647022010_62416232010_7236232010.zip

2 great minds think alike :D

Im not sure which section to download, Sink?

• Advertisement

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, AM3, ATX

im trying to find a driver for it at the moment but no luck, maybe you'll have better luck :o

edit

I think im getting some where

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?p_id=umllthnrm4igqnbl but im not sure of what to download

It's the first one highlighted in yellow.

150309.JPG

brilliamt sink, ill give that a shot

Im having trouble with the driver

keeps coming up as findfile failed and then the realtek network controller was not found. if deep sleep mode is enabled. please plug the cable in

Im having trouble with the driver

keeps coming up as findfile failed and then the realtek network controller was not found. if deep sleep mode is enabled. please plug the cable in

Are you trying to install it through device manager or are you running the AsusSetup.exe file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Edit: Nm, my link did not include 7 drivers

Very surprised hardwareversand didnt include the cd

Are you trying to install it through device manager or are you running the AsusSetup.exe file?

exe, sink

thanks for the link nuxxx, ill give that a shot

edit ah damn i just finished downloading the large file too :(

nuxxx wrote: »
    Edit: Nm, my link did not include 7 drivers

Very surprised hardwareversand didnt include the cd

im surprised and disappointed tbh

exe, sink

thanks for the link nuxxx, ill give that a shot

edit ah damn i just finished downloading the large file too :(

Could be that integrated LAN is not enabled in the BIOS. Do you know how to check that?

Could be that integrated LAN is not enabled in the BIOS. Do you know how to check that?

:)
    not a clue mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That network driver should be fine. Extract the zip into a folder and run the asussetup.exe file

• Advertisement

Where are you based? I've a day off tomorrow and could have a look see if needed.

Where are you based? I've a day off tomorrow and could have a look see if needed.

the back of beyonds, better known than tipp

When you power on your pc you will be prompted to press the <delete> key to enter the BIOS setup, do this and you will enter the bios.

In the BIOS you need to navigate over to the 'Advanced' tab at the top and then down to the 'Onboard Devices Configuration'. You need to check that 'Onboard LAN Controller' is enabled as shown in the pic.

150319.JPG

the back of beyonds, better known than tipp

That's not on any Dublin Bus route I suspect.

Back to the driver then.

Under the "wherever you unpacked it\Lan\Lan\win7" folder there's a setup.exe to install them. Give that a go.

yes that enabled, sink

yes that enabled, sink

Try disabling it, then save the bios settings and exit by pressing F10. Your PC will restart and load windows. Once windows is loaded restart it again, enter the bios and re-enable the LAN controller, save and exit and load windows again.

This might help windows detect it. Once you've done that try running the AsusSetup.exe file again.

will i give this a try ?
    That's not on any Dublin Bus route I suspect.

Back to the driver then.

Under the "wherever you unpacked it\Lan\Lan\win7" folder there's a setup.exe to install them. Give that a go.
    its a long way to tipperary :pac:

I use winrar and extract it to a usb key and try to install the it on my new computer but I cant
    Try disabling it, then save the bios settings and exit by pressing F10. Your PC will restart and load windows. Once windows is loaded restart it again, enter the bios and re-enable the LAN controller, save and exit and load windows again.

This might help windows detect it. Once you've done that try running the AsusSetup.exe file again.

thanks sink ill give that a shot

ohh ffs

still no luck

• Advertisement

I hope this link works:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

That's the Realtek drivers direct from Realtek. They may play nicer than the Asus installer.

Advertisement