Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GYM Help shoulders and muscle im-balance

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 strongphase

Brian010 wrote: »
    I admitted I threw a few jabs and so did you. So what? That was clearly a response to a your lack of reasoned response. The "son" was for effect.
    I haven't made any because I didn't need to.

A mod will be along to sort you out in due time.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Brian010

The type of simple advice "personal trainers" give.

"Use the machines, see ya later."

The type of simple advice that eventually ends in the beginner not progressing and stopping using the gym from what i've seen.

I have not mentioned the term freeweights once in this thread. Or anything close.

I don't use them that much anymore either, I prefer bodyweight exercises but if I had the time to go to a gym I would use freeweights.

Pullups and inverted rows are one of the simplest back exercise routines. How are they complex?

Yes you are right I just can't handle the severe lack of rationale i've come across in this thread so far.

More pigeonholing and generalization without any reason or rationale.

Matter over.

I haven't made any because I didn't need to.

A mod will be along to sort you out in due time.

Good luck.

Sort what out!? You calling the ref to give me a yellow card. That is low and tells me a lot about you lol.

Because they're told to.

Most gym contracted personal trainers you see floating around gyms have no interest in teaching form and technique either, so it works out well for them.

If a "personal trainer" starts someone off on a machine programme their not worth a penny imo.

Yes it does.

No they don't, at all.

That's the point.

OP: Get yourself a doorway pullup bar and a set of stretch bands.

Because you said so?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 strongphase

More pigeonholing and generalization without any reason or rationale.
    That was not personal abuse.
    Sort what out!? You calling the ref to give me a yellow card. That is low and tells me a lot about you lol.
    You insulted me and called me an idiot. I've reported your post to a moderator.

I'm out, again.

• Advertisement

That was not personal abuse.

You insulted me and called me an idiot. I've reported your post to a moderator.

I'm out, again.

You are an idiot imo as you jumped in and said this was wrong and that was wrong without any offer of explanation as if you were some scientific authority on the matter. I didn't say it was personal abuse......that was an example of your lack of reasoning for anything you said in response to my opinion.

An idiot does not suggest you are mentally deficient but someone that acts in a counterproductive way, which is how you posted in response to me.

Reporting me? Really. All a bit sad really :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

You are an idiot imo as you jumped in and said this was wrong and that was wrong without any offer of explanation as if you were some scientific authority on the matter. I didn't say it was personal abuse......that was an example of your lack of reasoning for anything you said in response to my opinion.

An idiot does not suggest you are mentally deficient but someone that acts in a counterproductive way, which is how you posted in response to me.

Reporting me? Really. All a bit sad really :confused:
    I reported you too; before he did. Your posts are very annoying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Brian010 taking a break for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

I think slouched shoulders are usually the result of overstretched back muscles and lack of back strength, tight pec minor and tight anterior delts.

Ive referred to this at the start of the thread, the typically "rounded shoulders" look is mainly caused from tight Pectoralis Major. Anterior Deltoid is not associated a whole lot as its mainly medial rotation of the humerus and dose not draw the scapula forward like the Pectoralis Minor as you mentioned. But i feel this is not strong enough to cause rounding of the shoulders. This condition can cause back muscles not to "fire" correctly, so recommendations first of all would be a lot of chest stretching. But is not primarily causes by "stretched" back muscles.

Hopefully people have calmed down in this thread, not looking for a flaming. Can anyone add on what I've said?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Never even looked into that

Was just thinking because its main action is medial rotation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement