Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I was the guy putting the messages everywhere beside cliffs that said "secret" and "jump here"... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

lol
    came across a couple alright at edges and on bridges - step out and treasure ahead and such.
    heartless bastards the lot of ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Best has to be before queelegs lair, "Amazing chest ahead".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The PC players seem like pure evil compared to the console players! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Best has to be before queelegs lair, "Amazing chest ahead".

I put that sign on the ground outside Gwynevere's room in Anor Londo...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Praise the Sun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got a few hours in there. Had almost forgotten how much i loved it. Started again as a Knight, and am going to go melee only this time. Was a bit easy as a Sorcerer last time. Killed Havel, got the Drake Sword (not going to use it though) and am flying through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I laughed when someone wrote "amazing chest ahead" just before andre the blacksmith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I just beat the extra area in the prepare to die edition including the optional boss.
    The new content is shorter than I expected but it's a cool new area, really looks amazing with interesting monsters.
    Now to fish the game and beat it for the first time :)

What class/stats have you all gone with this time? I'm currently playing a Knight, and have my str/end to 18, vit to 16, and dex to 12 (for shortbow). Not too sure where i plan on pumping my points after this, but probably end/vit and then str.

Going to leave all the Black Knights until i get the ring that increases my chances of getting better loot. Killed them all in my original playthrough, and never got any drops from them. Really annoying as i really wanted the sword.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Finished it!
    Simply amazing defiantly an improvement over demon souls which I loved.
    I was a bit unsure of the game until I got past blight town and then things really open up. The only problem now is every other game seem boring compared to it.

The map layout is fantastic, check this out

grats tuxy - now you get to it all over again :P just to see the other endings :D.

went thief this time - ps3 char was a pyro and had it up to ng++ .

im concentrating on dex for leveling as i want to use the uchigatana and run around in the ninja gear :D

think im currently
    lvl 55
    with 28 or so in dex
    22 in str
    14 in attune(wanted 3rd spell slot)
    12 faith - (use healing)
    rest in end and vit - not much - both are still under 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Kiith wrote: »
    Going to leave all the Black Knights until i get the ring that increases my chances of getting better loot. Killed them all in my original playthrough, and never got any drops from them. Really annoying as i really wanted the sword.

The great sword or the greater sword?, because the great is crap, waaay too bloody slow and uses up too much stamina, regretting pumping all the twinkling titanite into it.

And what the hell happened to the lightning weapons? Got the L.spear in sen's last night and it was crap compared to the last time i played Darksouls last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The great sword or the greater sword?, because the great is crap, waaay too bloody slow and uses up too much stamina, regretting pumping all the twinkling titanite into it.

And what the hell happened to the lightning weapons? Got the L.spear in sen's last night and it was crap compared to the last time i played Darksouls last year.

The EG review did mention some syuff had been nerfed.

Good thing with regards the Lightning Spear imo, you really had to force youriself to use anything else once you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Not too sure where i plan on pumping my points after this, but probably end/vit and then str.
    Get your STR up to 26 so you can use the Large Club (A scaling with STR when upgraded). Keep pumping STR which not only will increase you atk power with the scaling but eventually you'll be able to use the Dragon King Greataxe (think thats what its called, you get it from the Gaping Dragon) which has a brilliant AOE attack. There's also a similar sword but can;t remember more than that!(really been too long since I played with a STR character).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,329 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i see there are a few extra weapons to get with the new content. hopefully i will get a chance this evening to get to the new content.

anyone know much about the new PvP area etc ? i am much too low a character to be even thinking about that. still undecided about what way i want my character to go.

penev10 wrote: »
    Get your STR up to 26 so you can use the Large Club (A scaling with STR when upgraded). Keep pumping STR which not only will increase you atk power with the scaling but eventually you'll be able to use the Dragon King Greataxe (think thats what its called, you get it from the Gaping Dragon) which has a brilliant AOE attack. There's also a similar sword but can;t remember more than that!(really been too long since I played with a STR character).

I prefer a smaller weapon to be honest. I've never really liked the huge slow weapons, and tend to protect myself with a shield pretty much all the time. Will still pump some points into str however, just not sure how many.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I've never really liked the huge slow weapons, and tend to protect myself with a shield pretty much all the time.
    Have you looked at the Black Knight Great Axe? It's actually quite a fast mover and does a whole lotta damage! Favourite weapon from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

After Blightown and Sen's Fortress it's a pleasure to find myself in Anor Londo and the Painted World and getting mauled horribly rather than just falling to my death every few minutes.

in anor at the moment - not seeing a lot of summon signs nor any invasions .
    slightly worried i am behind the curve for leveling :)

what is recommended for anor (nevermind found a website)? on me ps3 runtrues i always got every other area out of the way first leaving anor till as close to last as possible.

keep putting off ornstien and smeagh fight - just bring myself to want to do it :) i remember the pain ornstien can bring :D
    http://daydull.com/tips-tutorials/dark-souls-recommend-levels-for-areas-and-bosses/

recommended level
    "Undead Burg ( 5 – 10 )
    Undead Parish ( 10 – 20 )
    Lower Undead Burg ( 20 – 30 )
    The Depths ( 20 – 30 )
    Blighttown ( 30 – 40 )
    Quelaag’s Domain ( 35+ )
    The Catacombs ( 30 – 50 )

The Great Hollow ( 50+ )
    Ash Lake ( 50+ )
    Darkroot Garden ( 20+ )
    Darkroot Basin ( 35+ )
    Valley of Drakes ( 40 – 60 )
    Undead Asylum Revisited ( 30 – 40 )

Sen’s Fortress ( 40+ )
    Anor Londo ( 45+ )
    Painted World of Ariamis ( 60+ )
    New Londo Ruins ( 60+ )
    The Duke’s Archives ( 60+ )

The Abyss ( 50 – 70 )
    Crystal Cave ( 50+ )
    Tomb of the Giants ( 70+ )
    Demon Ruins ( 60+ )
    Lost Izalith ( 75+ )
    Kiln of the First Flame ( 60 – 80 )"

• Advertisement

I'm also seeing little activity for summoning there. i am low thirties so may be a bit low, for both summoning and invading. i'm not trying to head back to the firelink now that i'm this close to the lord vessal now though !! the few times i have managed to summon someone, the fecking archers are giving me awful grief. i only have the knight shield, maybe this is why i am constantly being blown off the edge !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

2smiggy wrote: »
    I'm also seeing little activity for summoning there. i am low thirties so may be a bit low, for both summoning and invading. i'm not trying to head back to the firelink now that i'm this close to the lord vessal now though !! the few times i have managed to summon someone, the fecking archers are giving me awful grief. i only have the knight shield, maybe this is why i am constantly being blown off the edge !

Don't block those arrows, it knocks you back further. Just sprint past the arrows and if you are going to take a hit at the top don't use your shield!

cheers !

i get summoned here alot on the PS3 , never have a bother with the archers. i was getting dis heartened a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Felt no impulse to buy this game on PC at all except for today i really really want to play the new content.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I prefer a smaller weapon to be honest. I've never really liked the huge slow weapons, and tend to protect myself with a shield pretty much all the time. Will still pump some points into str however, just not sure how many.

I'm the same. Only enough room to setup shortcuts that can easily switch between one-handed weapons, shields and spells. Always have to feel like I have a shield at the very least at the ready. Zweihanders are too cumbersome for me!

anyone around anor londo on the PC , im level 38, i keep getting to the knight archer and then he knocks he off or kills me. i only really have the lightning spear. it's not great at this point to be honest. i should have gone to the dark root basin and a few other bosses before heading here i think !

no summon signs showing up !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2smiggy wrote: »
    anyone around anor londo on the PC , im level 38, i keep getting to the knight archer and then he knocks he off or kills me. i only really have the lightning spear. it's not great at this point to be honest. i should have gone to the dark root basin and a few other bosses before heading here i think !

no summon signs showing up !

I only go up to the archer, when he puts his bow away I turn and run. He just walks off the edge. :D

may try that ! i foolishly got as far as the main hall with some help, instead of going to the giant blacksmith and getting my fury sword i went down to fight the giant knights. got invaded. failed to make it to open the gates . boooooooooo

also as i had help, i did not light the first bonfire after the archers :(

• Advertisement

Killed the Gargoyles there. Bloody easy when you summon the npc. Going to do a bit of farming now i think, and upgrade my Elite Knight armour. Is that still one of the best sets in your first playthrough?

Oooh, got the Black Knight Halberd and Shield...sweet :P

Also, wtf? I thought ringing the bell killed the red dragon? I'm almost positive he just died on me on my first play through. So now i've to melee him down instead? Balls! :(

Advertisement