Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

There's nowhere particularly cheap in DS2 compared to the first one

Anor Londo archers, Tomb of the Giants, skeleton wheels in the Painted World
    :mad:

In DS2, there's the stupid magic spammers in the Shrine of Amana, but they can be sniped before they aggro.
    The poison statues are annoying, but they aren't going to kill you over and over.
    Other than that, I can't think of anything really unfair.
    The hardest/cheapest parts for me was trying to dropping onto platforms without either missing completely or rolling off to your death.
    Never found either of those to be in anyway cheap to be honest. I totally agree with the Archers in Anor Londo, but that's about it to be honest. Skeleton wheels are very easy to deal with if you dodge and you just have to take it slow in Tomb of the Giants! Easy enough!

Again, we can agree to disagree. DS is still (and by some distance) the better of the two games!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Good job p38, go have a beer. The DLC is definitely worth it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Somehow managed to corrupt all my saves except for 2 on the PC.

My SL1 is the only one I cared about, and its gone. I'm very close to killing a man. God damn it.

Killed Nito and the Bed of Chaos only tonight.

Well thanks to the wonder of a cheat engine I have managed to cheese my way back to where I was in a meagre 2 hours. Can't complain I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Picked this up a few weeks ago after playing Demons Souls late last year.

I'm on Gwyn in my NG+ and the only real trouble I had was those damn archers in Anor Londo, navigating the Tomb of the Giants, and Smough and Ornstein.

• Advertisement

Now a Onebro it seems, tanked the 4 Kings, took a good while to kill them though.

Gwyn just jumped around me in a circle while I spammed combustion? Doesn't matter to me anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

New record speedrun 49 minutes

http://www.twitch.tv/kahmul78/c/5909155

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://www.polygon.com/pc/2015/3/15/8218879/dark-souls-lordran-map-picture-image

the map has been completed! seriously tempted to buy one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

http://www.polygon.com/pc/2015/3/15/8218879/dark-souls-lordran-map-picture-image

That's amazing. Except its not complete. Ash Lake isn't present :D

I rage quit once I got to blight town. I really would like to complete this before going near bloodbourne or dark souls 2 remaster.
    I read you can skip it once you have the master key?

I need to load up my save and determine exactly where I am. Only thing is I haven't played in months....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I rage quit once I got to blight town. I really would like to complete this before going near bloodbourne or dark souls 2 remaster.

I need to load up my save and determine exactly where I am. Only thing is I haven't played in months....

Ah you're not far off the start, so is feasible to start over if necessary. The key will get you passed the walkways but you will still have to go into the very bottom of the area even from the other way with the key, and it's still a lag fest.

It's worth completing Blightown atleast once. Never again afterwards. You can clear the bottom area in about 10 minutes if you know what you're doing and don't want the loot.

Start a new game, pick the Thief as he already starts with the master key.
    Use a dex build with a small shield. You won't depend on the shield, practise for Bloodborne ;)

Are you playing on xbox 360 mick?
    I've never done the whole summoning thing but If i can help, let me know. I keep meaning to finish this as well myself, Ive gotten
    the key from the guy in new new londo ruins,
    so I believe I dont have a huge amount to go.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've never done the whole summoning thing but If i can help, let me know. I keep meaning to finish this as well myself, Ive gotten

You'll need to have similar soul level to summon each other, think the threshold might be 10% above and below but I can't remember exactly. You probably won't be able to talk either, I seem to remember the game boots you if it detects you're in an xbox live party.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You'll need to have similar soul level to summon each other, think the threshold might be 10% above and below but I can't remember exactly. You probably won't be able to talk either, I seem to remember the game boots you if it detects you're in an xbox live party.

Might not be possible so, I cant remember exactly what level I am now, but If I'm close to the endgame, I must be a fair bit higher.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Might not be possible so, I cant remember exactly what level I am now, but If I'm close to the endgame, I must be a fair bit higher.

You could always start a new character and speed run the first few parts, doesn't take long to get to get as far as blight town once you know the score.

Yes, x360.

I will have a better idea this evening because I need to double check exactly where I am.

My gamertag is as per Xbox 1, think you need to re-add it for the x360.

I defiantly put in a substantial amount of hours into the game.

It's worth completing Blightown atleast once. Never again afterwards. You can clear the bottom area in about 10 minutes if you know what you're doing and don't want the loot.

Start a new game, pick the Thief as he already starts with the master key.
    Use a dex build with a small shield. You won't depend on the shield, practise for Bloodborne ;)

I think this is the build I had created with the key, I will confirm this evening.

But from what I do remember it defiantly did not feel like I was at the start of the game.

I think this is the build I had created with the key, I will confirm this evening.

But from what I do remember it defiantly did not feel like I was at the start of the game.

I reckon I was well into the game by the time I got to blighttown (or at least it felt that way). I think I made quick enough progress through the following sections once i got through it, but It did take me a long time to finally make my way down to the bottom and eventually face the boss down there. Feckin guys with the poisonous darts kept getting me, but at least the don't respawn.

As beautiful as it is, I'm not sure I'd like the reminder of so much rage on my wall.

• Advertisement

Blighttown is about 20% into the game, if you play it in terms of enemy scaling I.e. Easiest area to hardest.

Its often been the first area I've cleared in the game :o Its quite near the beginning

Blighttown is about 20% into the game, if you play it in terms of enemy scaling I.e. Easiest area to hardest.

Its often been the first area I've cleared in the game :o Its quite near the beginning

I just checked my save....level 40, blightown and time is nearly 18 hours.....

Holy **** 20% only????

I just checked my save....level 40, blightown and time is nearly 18 hours.....

Holy **** 20% only????

I have the master key. I just want to skip it to be honest.

My average time for clearing the game is ~25 hours, getting Blighttown finished within the first 3.

If you restarted the game now, it'd take you 5 or 6 hours to get to Blighttown.

My first build took 56 hours to get to where I now consider halfway :(

Not a bad evenings work, finally cleared out new londo ruins and the four kings, and finally defeated the b@stard firesage demon that frustrated me no end earlier.

So where to now lads? I've defeated nito, seath, and the 4 kings. I'm assuming I have to talk to Framp. But he's asleep in firelink and I can't see any way of interacting with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cant get this to run at all well on PC, have the graphics mod working ok but cant get the mouse mod to work at all. :( Picked up Lord of the Fallen instead for cheapish to tide me over.

Whack him with a sword. Just once though.

You have to continue through Lost Izalith, past the Firesafe Demon

Made it to Lord Gwyn. And got stomped. Eyes are hanging out of my head but I'm so close I can taste it. Praise the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Made it to Lord Gwyn. And got stomped. Eyes are hanging out of my head but I'm so close I can taste it. Praise the sun!

You can cheese the fight by
    circling around the crop of stalagmites. He'll try to attack through them making it very easy to get out of range then close in for a quick attack.

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Cant get this to run at all well on PC, have the graphics mod working ok but cant get the mouse mod to work at all. :( Picked up Lord of the Fallen instead for cheapish to tide me over.

Use a controller, for your own sanity

Advertisement