Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Valley of fallen giants is the second game!

I think I got past Nito no problem first play through buy had to resort to Havel's on ng+, either way I'm nearly sure I beat him by spamming firestorm, he's very weak to fire.

I usually summon for Nito.

As long as I have a weapon that puts down the skeletons for good (Divine) then I just give him the run around until they are all dead (with a couple of rolls whenever I hear the screams).

I love the music and general atmosphere of that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The advice I can give with the Nito fight is to not move too far from when you drop down. If you have a divine weapon, you can easily dispatch the 2 to 3 skeletons that are there. Once you take care of them you have a small window to breathe until Nito comes after you. If you stray too far from the area where you jump down, the other Skeletons aggro to you and then you're facing multiple enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its been so long now I'm getting mixed up - tomb of the giants it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Its been so long now I'm getting mixed up - tomb of the giants it is!

Farm the wee lads outside in the area where the Nito fog is or was that a humanity farming spot :confused: Been a while for me too :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Farm the wee lads outside in the area where the Nito fog is or was that a humanity farming spot :confused: Been a while for me too :D

It is but the humanity drops only stay there for a couple of seconds and then they disappear.

I personally find the Chasm of the Abyss to be the best farming for humanity.

• Advertisement

looks like the thread got a serious shot in the arm since p38 had his triumph!

to the chap who was considering starting it over christmas - thats one thing that hasn't been mentioned, theres a great community of dark souls fans, everyone vividly remembers their own struggles and how they overcame it. the game is a masterpiece really.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Just got to Nito this should be fun scoped him out and he destroyed me. Think I will farm and level up for a while. Those skeleton dog things in the tomb of giants are insane that rush attack absolutely destroyed me now its lock-on fireball /fire sword to finish kinda makes them easier.

p38 wrote: »
    Just got to Nito this should be fun scoped him out and he destroyed me. Think I will farm and level up for a while. Those skeleton dog things in the tomb of giants are insane that rush attack absolutely destroyed me now its lock-on fireball /fire sword to finish kinda makes them easier.

wow, you werent long getting from O+S to nito!

I had gone into the tomb of giants long before I ever went to Anor Londo I had managed to get as far as Pin-wheel and kill her then figured out the hard way that maybe I was'nt supposed to be there yet. I backtracked and went from Sens to Anor and now back to Tomb of the Giants. I cant get the loot on the body hanging over the ledge in the area before pin-wheel where all the wheeled skeletons are does anybody know how you get up there?

I had gone into the tomb of giants long before I ever went to Anor Londo I had managed to get as far as Pin-wheel and kill her then figured out the hard way that maybe I was'nt supposed to be there yet. I backtracked and went from Sens to Anor and now back to Tomb of the Giants. I cant get the loot on the body hanging over the ledge in the area before pin-wheel where all the wheeled skeletons are does anybody know how you get up there?

Possibly the Lucerne halberd I know it's around there somewhere, someone with a better memory will confirm or reject this I'd say :pac:

I vaguely recall having to come down from above to get to that spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah you've to fall through a floor somewhere and kill the Black Knight. Its not a great weapon iirc

You can just run through the Tomb down as far as Nito if you're good at dodging, that was my SL1 memories of the tomb....

Yeah you've to fall through a floor somewhere and kill the Black Knight. Its not a great weapon iirc

You can just run through the Tomb down as far as Nito if you're good at dodging, that was my SL1 memories of the tomb....

Tried that earlier turned around and 4 of the dirty skelly dogs waiting for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

If you go the area before the big tomb where the titanite demon is, where there's 4-5 skeletons and a few of those floating skulls you can drop down from the ledge there (Drop down from where the the ledge just juts out a bit near the demon titanite door, move the camera down and you'll see the item light.) I think that body has the black sorcery clothing, and from that ledge you drop down onto another one too before dropping down to the main area where the wheel skeletons area.

might be a repost and copied from gaming humor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Might go back and finish off the achievements for DS1 now.

Got bored farming upgrade materials for weapons

Might go back and finish off the achievements for DS1 now.

Got bored farming upgrade materials for weapons

Have fun with that channelers trident.

Anyone have any tips for Lord Souls as SL1?

I am now in the Crystal cavern was stuck for about 10 mins thinking what the f**k has Dark Souls thrown at me now :confused: Ah :o the walkways. This game is pure class now to stop dieing:D. Do the Channellers drop one of them trident weapons in the archives they look cool. Or does it take ages farming like I had to do for my Balder side sword.

I am now in the Crystal cavern was stuck for about 10 mins thinking what the f**k has Dark Souls thrown at me now :confused: Ah :o the walkways. This game is pure class now to stop dieing:D. Do the Channellers drop one of them trident weapons in the archives they look cool. Or does it take ages farming like I had to do for my Balder side sword.

I tried for 2 hours with 10 humanity and CGSR so yeah, takes a ton of farming

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

It's been a while now but I think I gave up on my SL1 when I got to the Four Kings. Sif was handy enough same tactics and timings. Can't remember if Seath took long, I am thinking he did, but can't remember if there was a specific tip. Then 4 Kings were a balls...that's worth a re-visit now that rage levels are back to low

• Advertisement

GK1001 wrote: »
    It's been a while now but I think I gave up on my SL1 when I got to the Four Kings. Sif was handy enough same tactics and timings. Can't remember if Seath took long, I am thinking he did, but can't remember if there was a specific tip. Then 4 Kings were a balls...that's worth a re-visit now that rage levels are back to low

That's why i stopped playing mine... Nito is making me his bitch.

Do divine weapons add a faith requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

My only piece of advice, don't give up :pac:

If you need a hand my SL1 is in NG+ so I could give you a hand. No idea how I'm going to beat the 4 Kings on NG+, they were hard to solo on NG :P

My only piece of advice, don't give up :pac:

If you need a hand my SL1 is in NG+ so I could give you a hand. No idea how I'm going to beat the 4 Kings on NG+, they were hard to solo on NG :P

I can't go online on my PC... Well I can but its a disaster to try game with :pac: So I'm stuck with NPCs only.

I've done a SL1 in the second game, it was much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I can't go online on my PC... Well I can but its a disaster to try game with :pac: So I'm stuck with NPCs only.

I've done a SL1 in the second game, it was much easier

If you ever do go online, give me a shout :)

I did all mine solo without npc's bar S+O where I got player help, easier solo tbh.

Made serious progress I think last night (I hope I am not spoiling the game for anyone else dont read further if you are still completeing dark souls) . Ok I went to nito and destroyed him then seath the scaless kept moving around him kept away from his attack and nailed his tentical thing he is now gone. I then decided to go to the demon ruins had viewed it from afar but never went down. Went through the fog gate grabbed the armour that looks like Deaths cape and the Lava dude destroyed me. Decided I would retreive my souls by running in and running out. Got as far as the gate on the way back with lava after me noticed the Lava dudes leg or whatever was there so I wailed it with my sword HE DIED in 3 or 4 swings :eek: is this a glitch. :confused:

Made serious progress I think last night (I hope I am not spoiling the game for anyone else dont read further if you are still completeing dark souls) . Ok I went to nito and destroyed him then seath the scaless kept moving around him kept away from his attack and nailed his tentical thing he is now gone. I then decided to go to the demon ruins had viewed it from afar but never went down. Went through the fog gate grabbed the armour that looks like Deaths cape and the Lava dude destroyed me. Decided I would retreive my souls by running in and running out. Got as far as the gate on the way back with lava after me noticed the Lava dudes leg or whatever was there so I wailed it with my sword HE DIED in 3 or 4 swings :eek: is this a glitch. :confused:

The armor is great for light characters. Some consider it a glitch, some think it's part of his lore that he would die like that. I'll expand if you'd like.

Demon ruins is so hard....

You have to check out new londo too, its a 'fun' boss fight

Thats your one cheap kill in Dark Souls , not one person I know felt guilty or that they are cheating by cheesing him like that :D

Edit: Actaully I don't think I've ever bothered to fight him legit ???? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bamco file DMCA against DSfix

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957469

Face => palm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bamco file DMCA against DSfix

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957469

Face => palm

Wow thats pretty stupid, the guy basically fixed their mess. Also given the age of the game are they likely to ever fix it themselves :confused:

• Advertisement

That's ridiculous tbh. The mod noticeably improves the graphics considerably and it has saved a few characters of mine with auto-backups dues to hackers permanently destroying them.

The game has been out 3 years, the mod has been out nearly the same amount of time, why is it only becoming an issue now?

Advertisement