Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    ok i lvled up abit
    for got about sl range
    but now its saying failed to summon for everyone -.-

Is your NAT open? I had a weird glitch a few days ago where i failed to be invaded, couldn't leave the area or use a bonfire until i killed myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Is your NAT open? I had a weird glitch a few days ago where i failed to be invaded, couldn't leave the area or use a bonfire until i killed myself

ya my nat is open
    think it was just a glitch :) summoning people now

finished the first bell, took an hour :P now its on too the dreaded blighttown :o time to suit up haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

So, I'm working my way through the achievements. Knights Honor in particular. All done, except for Grant from Paladin Leeroy. I kicked him off the edge on NG++. Thinking a reload would make his drop available. It didn't. So anyone on XBox got a grant, around lvl 132 or so, and willing to swap? Once I get the achievement I'll return grants and give you your choice of Boss soul ascended weapon to keep, or a channellers trident which is a complete pain in the arse to farm.

My only other option is to finish this play through and then beat everything up to and including O&S on NG+++.

can anyone help me? i still cant summon anyone now

is the game just dead? im on xbox360, lvl 48 at the moment and ive just completed sens fortress
    im in anor lando now and i still cant see any summon signs
    i never had this problem last year , normaly their would be plenty of people to choose from
    now im lucky if theirs even 1 summon sign showing
    i wont get past this area without a little health since my class isnt very strong at the moment haha

anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

still lots of activity on the PS3. Your soul level is about right for Anor Londo, maybe kill the giants to level up a bit. Have you gone across the rafters and killed the second gargoyle and moved the stairs up ?

I find the best place for getting summoned here is at the bottom of the stairs where the first gargoyle was, or else run over and kill the 2 giants outside the initially closed door leading to the boss area. I believe this is a good summoning area as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

can anyone help me? i still cant summon anyone now

is the game just dead? im on xbox360, lvl 48 at the moment and ive just completed sens fortress
    im in anor lando now and i still cant see any summon signs
    i never had this problem last year , normaly their would be plenty of people to choose from
    now im lucky if theirs even 1 summon sign showing
    i wont get past this area without a little health since my class isnt very strong at the moment haha

anyone else getting this?

Make sure your NAT is Open and that it is not set to Strict. If it's strict you can check online about port forwarding the game to open up your NAT. Should hopefully help with increased Summoning etc

Make sure your NAT is Open and that it is not set to Strict. If it's strict you can check online about port forwarding the game to open up your NAT. Should hopefully help with increased Summoning etc

thanks but my nat is open , always have it open for other games like cod and fifa 13

il try get to the boss o&g whatever their called and see if theirs any summon signs, if not, well then il be here for a couple of hours

thanks but my nat is open , always have it open for other games like cod and fifa 13

il try get to the boss o&g whatever their called and see if theirs any summon signs, if not, well then il be here for a couple of hours

I find there is quite a lot of the summon signs at the nearest bonfire closest to O&S (the bonfire after you get into the Cathedral dodging the Silver knights with the bows. Also close to Havel Armor set). I'v barely found any summon signs at the boss fog for O&S.

I'm on PC though so I can't say what the Xbox player summon patterns usually are.

I find there is quite a lot of the summon signs at the nearest bonfire closest to O&S (the bonfire after you get into the Cathedral dodging the Silver knights with the bows. Also close to Havel Armor set). I'v barely found any summon signs at the boss fog for O&S.

I'm on PC though so I can't say what the Xbox player summon patterns usually are.

ya theirs normaly a few at that bonfire , il see when i get home

i have a dex build going at the moment
    so if anyone have any ideas what good dex build weopens are id appreciate it haha
    at the moment im using drakes sword but its starting to seem very weak now as i progress
    on my last build i was strength so i had alot of options for weopens, now i seem to be just stuck with basic weopens that you'd find at the start of the game, like curved sword or richards rapier

ya theirs normaly a few at that bonfire , il see when i get home

so if anyone have any ideas what good dex build weopens are id appreciate it haha
    at the moment im using drakes sword but its starting to seem very weak now as i progress
    on my last build i was strength so i had alot of options for weopens, now i seem to be just stuck with basic weopens that you'd find at the start of the game, like curved sword or richards rapier

Do you have 'Prepare to Die' dlc? If you go to the DLC area you can get access to knives called Tracers. The Silver tracer scales with DEX to an 'S'. The Orange Tracer has some unique attack patterns and scales DEX to an 'A'

I haven't started a strong DEX build yet (but plan to) but my first thoughts of a mid range weapon would be upgrading Iaito or Uchigatana. I had my STR build using a Choas Iaito for a while and was useful for PvP and PvE. When I get my high Dex build going I'm going to go for the Tracers and perhaps Priscilla's dagger for the extra blood build up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Found another youtuber today with big focus on Dark Souls. Very similar to Epicnamebro in that most of his videos are lore based but with some slick editing and very smooth commentary. Makes me want to play Dark Souls all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Watching that series has me thinking how unreal this game was all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

so if anyone have any ideas what good dex build weopens are id appreciate it [snip]
    game, like curved sword or richards rapier

Richards levelled to +15 is great, esp chaining 2 strong attacks. The second one hits like 6 times.

Or kill the Merchant in undead burg and you'll get an Uchigatana, I'm still rocking this on NG++ upped to +15. Powered up with crystal magic weapon and power within and bosses drop fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Get some green titanite shards and take a trip to Vamos in the catacombs and make a fire weapon.

Any of the katana's are good dex weapons, as is ricards, the great scythe's pretty good too, basic rapier for its critical bonus(backstabs and parry\ripostes). One of the best dex weapons tho is the balder side sword. It's a drop from the knights in the parish and at the top of sens. Scales A with dex at higher levels but more importantly it has a great moveset and it's R2 is one of the quickly executed in the game, which also wokrs with the leo ring. It might take a few goes to get the drop but i'd go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I love this game. Prior to playing, it is a prerequisite to apply my nipple clamps and electrodes to my bollox however.

I then bring in my gimp midget to whip me mercilessly as i die endlessly and get nowhere in the game.

:pac:

Never played a tougher game. :D

Dark Souls 2 available for Preorder with G2Play. Release date is 5th of July!! :D:) :eek: :pac:

that date has to be fake haha
    i hope its not but id say it is

that date has to be fake haha
    i hope its not but id say it is

I originally thought it would be a much later date as they had 33% of the game done a while ago. Could be wrong! but as someone earlier said in the thread, this is for current gen consoles + PC and since Next Gen is being released soon it could be accurate. Let's hope anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

No way DS2 is out in 6 weeks!

The hype machine is only in first gear and it would be seriously ramped up that close to launch. Also it'd be one seriously rushed game!

July 2014 sounds more like it!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well after about 2 hours of this game I thought it was terrible. Thought it was too linear for an RPG, not enough of a plot to pull me in not to mention that learning curve!

10 more hours in I'm thinking it's the best tenner I've ever spent on a game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well after about 2 hours of this game I thought it was terrible. Thought it was too linear for an RPG, not enough of a plot to pull me in not to mention that learning curve!

10 more hours in I'm thinking it's the best tenner I've ever spent on a game!

Light a candle for those poor souls that didn't push through. The lost undead who hope abandoned and now lay to rest in the Undead Asylum, at the Graveyard steps and on Parish staircase. Loot their hollowed corpse, praise the sun and push onward!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm about to start into this as well. I'll keep in mind about the 1st few hours. Iv got a quite summer ahead so sounds like ill be getting very frustrated by this game. Looking forward to it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I'm about to start into this as well. I'll keep in mind about the 1st few hours. Iv got a quite summer ahead so sounds like ill be getting very frustrated by this game. Looking forward to it now

There's an initial sort of tutorial part which is pretty basic, though it does contain the first boss. Once you reach (spoiler just contains the name of an area)
    Firelink Shrine
    the game goes non-linear and you can tackle it in a number of different ways.

Don't worry about picking your initial class, you can turn a warrior into a caster and vice-versa, but keep in mind you can't actually respec during the game. Once you spend your souls on a level, they are spent, it can't be undone.

In the early game gear is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than levels though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I went with a Wanderer, focusing on Dexterity, Vitality and Endurance on my levels. Should I start leveling up the wanderer outfit or should I hold off on some better armour? Just getting to the end of The Depths at the moment.

I went with a Wanderer, focusing on Dexterity, Vitality and Endurance on my levels. Should I start leveling up the wanderer outfit or should I hold off on some better armour? Just getting to the end of The Depths at the moment.

I'm a lot further in the game and I don't think I've put a single upgrade on any armour yet. It's much more important to block or simply not get hit. I personally haven't found it worthwhile to use resources on leveling up armour. DO level up your weapons and shield though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Don't worry about upgrading armour it's not really necessary as you will find continuous upgrades through-out the game. You will however need to upgrade a weapon or two of choice to get you through the later parts of the game.

DEX+VIT+END is a solid build and gives you a lot of options later on. When thinking about weapon choices for upgrading, some of the best DEX options are the katanas (uchigatana + iaito), spears (winged + silver knight) and bows.

Also as as a DEX character you should try remain under 50% equip burden so you have a fast dodge instead of going for the slower heavier poise based armour but again that is really preference so try both styles and see what you prefer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i upgraded the **** out of my armour and i was a dex/vitality/endurance fella as well (love me some balder side sword)

towards the end it was really only the black/silver knights that could touch me.. unless I got swarmed by a load of skeletons, as well as the bosses.. but even then I was able to take some beating from all of them

i finished it a few hours ago and jumped into a ng+ but the interest is gone. I finished the game on SL 103, so way too high.. the latter portion of the game was kind of a chore as the challenge wasn't really there anymore. I kinda lost the run of myself farming new londo ruins for
    a titanite slab, which i never ****ing got in the end

ill probably go back to it in the future and try a mage, easily one of the best games of all time.

Ideally i'd like to start a new game right now as a str focused character, with two handed swords and big ass shields.. but that's just not how I play these games. even severance blade of darkness (which dark souls reminded me of quite a bit) I've played 10-15 times.. but only ever as the knight.. every time I try the other 3 characters I get bored very early on and give up.

Dark Souls 2 available for Preorder with G2Play. Release date is 5th of July!! :D:) :eek: :pac:

From the convention centre E3 is held in.

ds2hjfq9.jpg

Big Knox wrote: »
    Don't worry about upgrading armour it's not really necessary as you will find continuous upgrades through-out the game. You will however need to upgrade a weapon or two of choice to get you through the later parts of the game.

DEX+VIT+END is a solid build and gives you a lot of options later on. When thinking about weapon choices for upgrading, some of the best DEX options are the katanas (uchigatana + iaito), spears (winged + silver knight) and bows.

Also as as a DEX character you should try remain under 50% equip burden so you have a fast dodge instead of going for the slower heavier poise based armour but again that is really preference so try both styles and see what you prefer.

Just picked up Iaito there, will start leveling it up now. Jesus Blightown is a bitch though :(

Any recommendations on shields? Have Spider Shield +4 at the moment and might stick with it.

• Advertisement

Just picked up Iaito there, will start leveling it up now. Jesus Blightown is a bitch though :(

Any recommendations on shields? Have Spider Shield +4 at the moment and might stick with it.

Spider Shield has 100% physical damage reduction so yeah it's a good shield.

Going to put the next bit in spoilers just in case, it just mentions the location of another shield, in case you're trying to completely play the game with no help.
    In upper Blighttown, if you enter from the direction of the Depths, you can find an Eagle Shield. It's a greatshield but only requires 16 Str and it's by far the lightest greatshield in the game. I was using the Spider up until I got the Eagle.

Advertisement