Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egyptian Uprising

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Sometimes he would claim that the Libyan uprising was a conspiracy contrived by satellite TV stations, and other times he would attempt to intimidate the world, claiming that Libyan Al Qaeda sleeper cells have been activated and are taking the lead in the fight against his regime. He would warn that [if he was overthrown], the Mediterranean Sea would witness acts of piracy like Somalia, and argue that Libya under his command is a key partner in the global fight against Al Qaeda. He also maintains that his country protects Europe from illegal immigration, stating that "there are millions of blacks who could come to the Mediterranean to cross to France and Italy, and Libya plays a security role in the Mediterranean." Furthermore, this week Colonel Gaddafi did not hesitate, in an interview with channel France 24, to say that "The international community is in a predicament right now because it has adopted a stance, and later on discovered that the situation on the ground was different. Thus it will gradually start to alter its position."

Otherwise, they are merely acting as part of a foreign conspiracy seeking to destroy their prosperity, and deprive themselves of their veteran, wise and irreplaceable leaders. Fearing such chaos, protestors in Yemen, Libya, Egypt and Tunisia should understand that they must cease their demonstrations, go back to work in their offices, factories or markets, and then return home and sit in front of the television and watch drama series, game shows, cheerful domestic news, and coverage of problems and crises taking place in remote places far beyond their happy borders.

http://aawsat.com/english/news.asp?section=2&id=24468

So is it possible one of the two?
    How is it in best interest of others to take down the leaders of these countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭robroy1234

I have been following this forum and would like to point out various problems that has been put forward. I have been a freemason for many years and very high up in the various constituient masonic bodies, and I can definately state without fear of contradiction that we have never been involved in any political or religious instability here in Ireland or Internationally. We prohibit any discussion or discourse in politics or religion within the lodge, before, during and after lodge meetings. There is no Internationally conspiracy or any attempt at a "new World Order" as our Grand Lodge operates independently from other National Grand Lodges. The handshakes that have been shown in previous posts are not Masonic in any way as masonic handshakes, signs, words are not to be given out in the open and not in front of non-masons.

I am however somewhat amused by the thought that conspiracy theorists believe that myself and my fellow brethren have such political and economic power, in that we can control politicians and businessmen. If only that was really true then I wouldn't be so stressed out with keeping up with my mortgage. As for the politicians here in Ireland, I have been to many provincial and grand lodge meetings and have never met one politician or public personality which is a shame as I would like to assert my assumed power over them.

Another thing is that we are not anti-catholic, in truth it has been the catholic church that has repeatedly attacked any group or organisation that provides any moral/ethical guidance. However I am still a Roman Catholic and have never found any contradiction or conflict between being a catholic and a freemason.

Advertisement