Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

why do the reflections on the actor flash green and red when he's clearly in a dark tunnel in the game

He got in a huge sound system with repeating lights. It's behind the tv but not sure if it can be seen in that clip. He likes bright colours and loud noises for reasons I can't get into due to spoilers :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

http://www.gamestop.ie/39097_PC_Rage_Anarchy_Edition.aspx

Nice and cheap for the pc version,only thing is,is your gonna need a 64bit operating system to run mods :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

http://pc.systemlink.me/2011/09/rage-pc-specs-released.html

25 gig on the hard drive :eek: must be a fairly massive game

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its likely the new megatexture technology they're using.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The AI sound quite sophisticated from what I have been reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Just been looking at the videos IGN have for this game - really looking good from what I've seen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Yeah it looks pretty class. I didn't like Fallout 3, but that was 3 years ago, and by looking at the videos it looks like they have perfected the whole post apocalyptic genre. Only found out about this the other day and wasn't planning on getting it, but the few videos of it have convinced me to buy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a definite buy from me, but i'll be holding off a few weeks until i can get my pc upgraded. An id game needs to be played on a good pc, and mine isn't up to scratch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a definite buy from me, but i'll be holding off a few weeks until i can get my pc upgraded. An id game needs to be played on a good pc, and mine isn't up to scratch.

QFT!

I'm upgrading for Battlefield and this.

I remember when Doom2 was released back in 1994 by id and all the hype at the time - they were/are programmer Gods!

• Advertisement

Wish I had the cash to upgrade my 260 or at least upgrade to windows 7 64bit so I can play mods :o

Are you on XP? If you have Win7 already you get the 64bit version with the 32bit version.
    The system requirements aren't insanely high either.

5uspect wrote: »
    Are you on XP? If you have Win7 already you get the 64bit version with the 32bit version.
    The system requirements aren't insanely high either.

no i'm using vista 32bit,was trying to save for windows 7 64bit but other things got in the way

Same thing tho surely? I think the Vista license covers both 32bit and 64 bit. I'll go check.

EDIT: Yes you can, you just need a 64bit installation disk and the same product key.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yet another day one purchase for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

no i'm using vista 32bit,was trying to save for windows 7 64bit but other things got in the way
    5uspect wrote: »
    Same thing tho surely? I think the Vista license covers both 32bit and 64 bit. I'll go check.

EDIT: Yes you can, you just need a 64bit installation disk and the same product key.

I think I may have such a spare 64 bit Vista disk lying around, I can check at home later if you want Sephiroth_dude.

You can just grab a torrent of it either, you already have the license.

marco_polo wrote: »
    I think I may have such a spare 64 bit Vista disk lying around, I can check at home later if you want Sephiroth_dude.

thanks alot that would be great

Less than a week to go,cant wait,found this video on another forum

Steam preload is ready to go too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ah man I wish I never watched that, I secretly hoped it would be a failure as there's too many games out in the next few months but that video looks fantastic and it's the PS3 version :eek:

My new PC says it would be a crime not too!! It looks like a better version of fallout with proper FPS mechanics which would work so well.

However Dark Souls means I wont be playing it for another month or so at the very least but I will be getting it pending reviews now!!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ah man I wish I never watched that, I secretly hoped it would be a failure as there's too many games out in the next few months but that video looks fantastic and it's the PS3 version :eek:

My new PC says it would be a crime not too!! It looks like a better version of fallout with proper FPS mechanics which would work so well.

However Dark Souls means I wont be playing it for another month or so at the very least but I will be getting it pending reviews now!!

pc version is the cheapest too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

this game should be intresting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like fallout with an bigger emphasis on FPS.

Winnar!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Looks like fallout with an bigger emphasis on FPS.

Winnar!!!!

WinRar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is the PC version going to the best platform for this? Does it fully take advantage of a PC or console-ify stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

grizzly wrote: »
    Is the PC version going to the best platform for this? Does it fully take advantage of a PC or console-ify stuff?

It's ID so definitely PC will be the best platform to pick it up on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I was thinking of getting the collectors pack on xbox 360 from Game UK for a while but am unsure.
    It costs about 6 euros extra compared to Gamestop and comes with a couple of comic books and a making of DVD.
    Is it worth the extra do you think?
    Also Game seem to have terrible customer service.
    I filled in their web form asking for help with my reward card (which won't work on their website) via their web form twice and they ignored my message.
    I tried ringing them on their helpline and had to wait for over half an hour listening to the most annoying garbage music and the guy on the line couldn't help me out and sent an email to another department which made no difference.
    So I'm a bit afraid to buy the game off them incase something was wrong with it and I'd have an awful hassle trying to contact them.
    I wouldn't want to have to ring them again because it's just too annoying.

I watched the rest of those videos - wow looking really good on the PS3! 60 mins play-through in total!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not a chance watching that video.

also it's a ID software FPS of course the PC is the best platform, anyone who says otherwise is:

1. trolling
    2. blind
    3. fan boy

Advertisement