Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i love post apocaliptic games, but i dont understand why RAGE doesnt make me wiggle my tail. :rolleyes:

People go nuts on theyr videos, but i just dont understand WTF is so awesome about this game. It looks alright, AI looks usual dumb bastord collection. All generic weapons that ir in ANY fps these days.

Am i missing something? I got a friend who is just going MAD about this game, but like i said, i just dont see anything special in it as just a decent/ish FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

i love post apocaliptic games, but i dont understand why RAGE doesnt make me wiggle my tail. :rolleyes:

People go nuts on theyr videos, but i just dont understand WTF is so awesome about this game. It looks alright, AI looks usual dumb bastord collection. All generic weapons that ir in ANY fps these days.

Am i missing something? I got a friend who is just going MAD about this game, but like i said, i just dont see anything special in it as just a decent/ish FPS.

Well... it looks like fallout... with better graphics/vechicles and more awesomer weapons... and its being developed by ID... whats not to be excited about !!!???!?!

Magill wrote: »
    Well... it looks like fallout... with better graphics/vechicles and more awesomer weapons... and its being developed by ID... whats not to be excited about !!!???!?!

It is missing soul?

Dunno, it's weird, it will good I guess, but I am really meh about it. Knowing ID you will need NASA pc to run it atleast at half decent set up :(.

It is missing soul?

Dunno, it's weird, it will good I guess, but I am really meh about it. Knowing ID you will need NASA pc to run it atleast at half decent set up :(.

soul ? What ? Its not even out yet, how do you know what it'll feel like...

Its running at 60fps on both consoles, so that'd be an option if your PC can't handle it.

soul ? What ? Its not even out yet, how do you know what it'll feel like...

Its running at 60fps on both consoles, so that'd be an option if your PC can't handle it.

Okay, you still have no idea what I am talking about and getting a bit thicker m8. Let's just drop it, it will be a great game.

• Advertisement

Okay, you still have no idea what I am talking about and getting a bit thicker m8. Let's just drop it, it will be a great game.

The only thing i can think of when you say it has no "Soul" is that it looks kinda lifeless.. which is understandable because we've only seen sniplets of the game so far, most games like this look "Soulless" until you actually play them tho, fallout is exactly the same. If you meant something else.. soz.

I'll probably wait till I see some reviews of it before deciding to buy or not, too many other great looking games coming out.. just don't have enough monnneys !

The only thing i can think of when you say it has no "Soul" is that it looks kinda lifeless.. which is understandable because we've only seen sniplets of the game so far, most games like this look "Soulless" until you actually play them tho, fallout is exactly the same. If you meant something else.. soz.

I'll probably wait till I see some reviews of it before deciding to buy or not, too many other great looking games coming out.. just don't have enough monnneys !

I mean soulless it's like: yup, it looks great, lots of weapons and gadgets. Sort of cool setting ms style, but there is nothing " boom" that would make me go and hand in my money. Something similar what like fear 3. It's pretty damn solid shooter, but that's about it.

Reviews for me too m8.money is tight, plus there are ather games which would have priority over rage.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This seems to be firmly planting it's flag on the same "FPS with RPG elements" mountain as STALKER and Borderlands and given that I've just been playing both of those only recently, this pleases me greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

It makes the enemies harder not my giving them more health and damage but smarter with more moves. I like it. (I feel like a shill saying that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wow, I'm even more looking forward to this now having read that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Shiminay wrote: »
    This seems to be firmly planting it's flag on the same "FPS with RPG elements" mountain as STALKER and Borderlands and given that I've just been playing both of those only recently, this pleases me greatly.

I sure hope its more like Stalker than borderlands :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Spunge wrote: »
    I sure hope its more like Stalker than borderlands :P

I would be the opposite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Damn, that was a sweet looking trailer. still not sold i need a few reviews to sell it to me.

That trailer has me pretty excited. Quite looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

While the game still doesn't excite me too much, seems to be a lot like Borderlands, the technology behind it is intriguing enough to make me preorder it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 LOTRL

Looks pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Can't really put my finger on it, but there's something very 'meh' about rage.

Maybe its that the whole thing just looks so familiar - the landscape, baddies, guns, cars, characters.. nothing "groundbreaking" - which has been ID's trademark, in the past anyway.

I think people who are into the post-apocalyptic genre and ID fans will go mad for it, but the masses won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

none of the combat ive seen makes it look particularly interesting either, ill probably get it if it's cheap enough for pc but.. with all the games coming out this month (deus ex and tropico 4) and then battlefield and skyrim.. itll probably be a 2012 purchase for me

• Advertisement

I think that's my problem with it too. Fallout3, Borderlands and STALKER have all come and gone and this seems a bit stale.

The technology behind it sounds great tho so I'm excited for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

5uspect wrote: »
    I think that's my problem with it too. Fallout3, Borderlands and STALKER have all come and gone and this seems a bit stale.

The technology behind it sounds great tho so I'm excited for that alone.
    Hopefully the shooting in this is part of what lifts it above those other titles.

I enjoyed Fallout3 and STALKER, tho Borderlands got boring after a while.
    You're right tho being id we should get some satisfying shooting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rage will have an online pass...just slightly different then most.

http://kotaku.com/5830553/youre-gonna-have-to-buy-rage-new-if-you-want-to-crawl-through-a-sewer

Basically, if you don't buy it new, you won't be able to access certain areas of the game. The Underground will be blocked off. It's not story related, so you can still play through the game completely, but there are hatches that will be locked unless it's new.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Kiith wrote: »
    Basically, if you don't buy it new, you won't be able to access certain areas of the game. The Underground will be blocked off. It's not story related, so you can still play through the game completely, but there are hatches that will be locked unless it's new.

Yea, nothing integral to the overall game but just increases your gameplay experience. I don't see a problem with that method.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Neither do i. I'm not actually against regular online passes anyway, but that's a discussion/argument for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watching Breaking Bad last week and noticed Jesse playing a game that looked very like Rage but with a light gun. When he died, screen confirms the game is actually Rage, but must be a modified version? Kinda class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think the gun was just a bit of tv fiction so they could work it better into the story

• Registered Users Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, was thinking the same. Cool they put it in tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

why do the reflections on the actor flash green and red when he's clearly in a dark tunnel in the game

Advertisement