Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I am here in Irish and my teacher is reading us stuff from a DEB leaflet. I am assume that is the paper we are getting.

So, tips for OL DEB Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Lads, this whole finding out was on other peoples mock papers won't help ye. I had English paper 2 today and all the questions were really different from what the other guy said his was. Different poets and questions and everything. There are several mock paper companies, several not just one or two. Plus usually a school doesn't just order all deb papers or all examcraft ones or whatever, each individual teacher looks at all the pepera and chooses whichever one they prefer... So this whole finding out what was on a paper is useless! You will probably only end up studying the wrong thing and be stuck then..

Anyway that's my rant.. The mocks are there for mistakes, it's a run-through. You won't get another chance like this before the real thing, don't waste it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KittyCat12345

Does anybody know what was on the French HL Aural DEB?!?!? PLEASE!!

Somebody else earlier in this thread said he thought he'd get 100% on it-please post up the answers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Does anybody know what was on the French HL Aural DEB?!?!? PLEASE!!

Somebody else earlier in this thread said he thought he'd get 100% on it-please post up the answers!:)

Are you actually taking the piss? Not trying to be mean here but it an AURAL exam.. If youre good at it you're good if youre not then practice.. Your teacher is not stupid and you are only fooling yourself! Besides how can you expect anyone to remember that many questions let alone the answers as well! And how can you even know he had the same paper as you or that you even have deb.. Imagine you go into exam all answers learnt off in order and get 0 cos it's the wrong paper.. See this as opportunity to get better and practice. What is the use I'm cheating for crying out loud! You're the one who has to do the leaving in four months and youll be the one failing it.. Some people, honestly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Our teacher said for French, and i have no idea what company this is, that there was no way to prepare for this paper. Everything on it is so out of the box. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

schools get different mocks papers don't they....?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

For English I've been told
    Yeats, Boland and Frost. most papers seem to have boland and frost so if ya learn them 2 ya'll probably be grand

For Irish
    AN t-oilean

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Our teachers are giving out papers from other years, sly one! As in old mock papers.

anyone got any hints for business. i know
    that break even charts arent on ours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 monkeyman92

Hey! Please post up something to do with business from DEB! ****ting bricks at the moment! And if anybody knows anythin about history for Ireland 1912-49, American History and European :) thanks guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

so i had business today HL...still DEB papers :) im expecting a noice b1 ;) .... eh hints are the
    eu isnt too big on the paper
    .ABQ:
    managment activies, short term expansion , hr manager stuff

long questions:
    labour court , industrial relations more management effect of the global market on irish businesses etc the usuals..
    the short questions are a bollix... eg the first question was delayering...this never came up in past papers !!!...like its none of the stuff from past papers
    so b damn prepared!!

also had maths paper 1 ...twas grand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Awnyeah

Any hints from the examcraft papers (the ones with the tick on the front) for any of the following subjects would be really appreciated! :)
    • Honours English
    • Honours Home Ec
    • Honours Business
    • Honours Geography
    • Pass Maths
    • Pass Irish
    • Pass German

if the exam papers don't have the tick on the front are they definitely debs? we had our irish aural today and it didnt have the company on it... the only thing i noticed was a little bar code with the number 3 on top

brownlad wrote: »
    so i had business today HL...still DEB papers :) im expecting a noice b1 ;) .... eh hints are the
    eu isnt too big on the paper
    .ABQ:
    managment activies, short term expansion , hr manager stuff

long questions:
    labour court , industrial relations more management effect of the global market on irish businesses etc the usuals..
    the short questions are a bollix... eg the first question was delayering...this never came up in past papers !!!...like its none of the stuff from past papers
    so b damn prepared!!

also had maths paper 1 ...twas grand :)

In what way do ya mean the EU wasnt big? Aint it not a whole question :/..By the way was there anything about TQM and empowerment? Were being told to know all that along with finance, insurance, the four p's and tax!

In what way do ya mean the EU wasnt big? Aint it not a whole question :/..By the way was there anything about TQM and empowerment? Were being told to know all that along with finance, insurance, the four p's and tax!

I was told to cram d eu and it only came up once or twice nt even a long question! I had biology Hl tday btw ... Shud get an A1 :D Piss easy if you studied ;)

how do ya know which papers are debs and which are examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Our school used Mocks.ie for the first time this year.

We had our Irish aural today. The CD quality was appalling! :mad: The Irish teachers were obviously giving out about it in the staff room and so the French and German teachers decided to check their CDs... Exact same shíte quality.. :eek: Have the French aural tomorrow..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 EmmaLeogue

brownlad wrote: »
    I was told to cram d eu and it only came up once or twice nt even a long question! I had biology Hl tday btw ... Shud get an A1 :D Piss easy if you studied ;)
    what.was.biology.like?

I'm on my iPhone somi cnt use Spoilers :/ but biology was easy... Just look thru past papers ... Ul be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

had irish aural today. how do we know which papers our school uses the papers were pink. thought the aural was grand though if your anyway decent at tape work you'll do well in this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

xclw wrote: »
    how do we know which papers our school uses the papers were pink.

Most companies will use pink paper for higher level subjects in line with the real thing. For most companies the only way to find out is if you see the cover of a marking scheme.. The actual papers won't say what the company is!

english spoiler
    Boland and Frost. and something to do with politics in paper 1 because our teacher keeps telling us we need to have our own opinions on it

Most companies will use pink paper for higher level subjects in line with the real thing. For most companies the only way to find out is if you see the cover of a marking scheme.. The actual papers won't say what the company is!

ok cool thanks!!

Any chance we can post what company we used? It could misguide people if they use spoilers?? Has anyone done Geography yet? let us know whats coming up for the elective on soils and biomes if possible..heard from my teacher that
    there are 2 soils and 1 biome
    ..other than that please lend a hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cashel.r

anyone know what coming up in ag science?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rae92

Anyone have any idea about Religion?
    Any hints or tips on what to study? Also in Biology? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KittyCat12345

Anyone have deb french aural????? Am willing to help with geo bio and irish exams.

I have started the mocks yet..but to be honest aural, you just have to know your stuff! Geo deb?

• Advertisement

rae92 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea about Religion?

no idea for religion at all, but learn sec a really well if you don't have enough time for the others because you're meant to link back to that the whole time in your other answers. also if you do sec i in the past papers
    st patrick and his missionaries has never come up before and its the only thing that hasn't

its so hard our teacher also hinted us to go over
    sec b kingdom of god and xtian unity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement