Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 keane-xx

Any know what's on the Irish HL - DEB.! Anything at all..the course is just so broad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I haven't even opened a book yet, but sure..

Also erm is it odd that my school doesn't do Shakespeare as the main text? I actually haven't heard another school who haven't used it :|

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I haven't even opened a book yet, but sure..

Also erm is it odd that my school doesn't do Shakespeare as the main text? I actually haven't heard another school who haven't used it :|

Yeah my class aren't using Shakespeare for the single text either! What are you doing? We're doing the Grapes of Wrath.

Yeah my class aren't using Shakespeare for the single text either! What are you doing? We're doing the Grapes of Wrath.

Wuthering Heights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

My mocks start on the 22nd :( Damn no midterm thing!
    The only subject I've been told about is English Poetry
    Boland, Dickinson, Frost and Wordworth and the unseen is mood or a personal response to the poem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Wuthering Heights!

Yeah we're doing Wuthering Heights too. I was told that it was mad not doing Hamlet as our main text by another teacher though :/
    Hamlet would be so much easier to write on :(

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Yeah we're doing Wuthering Heights too. I was told that it was mad not doing Hamlet as our main text by another teacher though :/
    Hamlet would be so much easier to write on :(

We're not even doing Hamlet! We're doing The Tempest because apparently "it's an easier text to understand". :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mgt303

Will somebody please please tell what's coming up on economis, biology, music and french?? im really stressed :confused:
    Mine start on the 8th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Just had higher maths paper one and higher Irish paper one today.. Wasn't great but not bad. Maths was quite tough. English paper 2 is tomorrow so I really really hope Dickinson comes up!! Ahh, I hate exams.. So stressful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LizMoran

What essay titles came up in the higher level irish?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Well I only remember the one that I actually did which was a debate. See I'm not a big fan of giving out what was papers cos most likely we will have gotten two different ones so it's a waste really.
    anyway I wrote a debate on politicians basically.. That's as much as I'll say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TheWiseGuys

Have English paper 2 2mro..if any1 did it today..id be grateful for your help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

My mocks start next monday. so far ive been told for
    Accounting
    Incomplete Records and CLub Accounts and Budgetting is production. also our teacher advised use to go over company final accounts

not sure what papers my school uses but i have the mock irish aural wednesday so i'll know then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

i had both eng papers today :p ...what ..you want tips ??? :D;) gimme a sec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LizMoran

No worries,thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

if anyone else does HL religion i need tips! so much study so little time :/

paper1: comprehension straight forward.....
    B part is write a letter to a well known athlete or sports person .. in the letter decribe why you want to interview him/her and outline areas you wud explore durin the interview
    ....not arsed writn the rst of paper1 tbh ...
    paper2 general vision and view point : "
    write an essay comparing how the presentation of the general vision and viewpoint impacted upon your enjoyment of the texts you have studied in your comparative course
    " g2g study 4 business nt arsed writn the rest sorry ..and the other part is
    theme

poetry ...
    eavan boland , robort frost , william wordsworth
    and emily dickinson

any questions ..ask now i g2g study business ...10mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TheWiseGuys

Hamlet ;) both questions if ya can..good man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MickieMc

Do you do debs or exam craft and did themes and issues come up?and do u kno any of the other papers??? thanx :)

• Advertisement

k we use DEB

here's d hamlet question...
    "hamlet is a tragic hero whose mind is a continuous battleground" . to what extent would you agree with this view? . support ur answer with reference to the text
    OR
    "shakespeare brilliantly portrays a world in which deception and false apperances dominate" discuss this statement in relation to hamlet , supporting ur ansewr with reference to the text

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

Poerty essay titles?

sparagon wrote: »
    Poerty essay titles?

LAST ONE
    :p
    eavan boland .
    "eavan boland said she wanted her poetry to deal with themes that were part of my world"
    write a response to the poetry of eavan boland in light of this statement supportin ur points wit suitable reference to the poems on ur course

rob frost :
    "i am not a nature poet. Theres always something more in my poems"
    do u agree wit rob frost's own assesment of his poetry. write a response supportin ur points wit suitable reference to the poems on ur course

not arsed writn williams wordsworth

emily dickinson .
    "in her poems emily dickinson explores the full range of emotions from elation to deep despair"

write a response to his statement with reference to both d style and subject matter of emily dickinsons poetry. supportin ur points wit suitable reference to the poems on ur course

WITH THAT GOOD NOIGHT:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Guys, can I just remind you that Boards is a "No textspeak" zone, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

brownlad wrote: »
    LAST ONE
    :p
    :
    "i am not a nature poet. Theres always something more in my poems"
    do u agree wit rob frost's own assesment of his poetry. write a response supportin ur points wit suitable reference to the poems on ur course

Our teacher gave us this question to do in class a few weeks ago, the sneaky yoke! Didnt say it had anything to do with the mocks! Thanks, this is great got like a good B in the question just need to learn it off now!;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    Our teacher gave us this question to do in class a few weeks ago, the sneaky yoke! Didnt say it had anything to do with the mocks! Thanks, this is great got like a good B in the question just need to learn it off now!;):p

Afaik that question is actually in an proper past exam paper.. Remember doing something very similar in 5th year when we covered him.. ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »

which means you could be getting one of the other mock papers, and he just used that question as a way of revising/homework...teachers get to view all papers. Don't focus on just one possible set of questions you could get any of the (I think) 4 papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

kevin12345 wrote: »
    which means you could be getting one of the other mock papers, and he just used that question as a way of revising/homework...teachers get to view all papers. Don't focus on just one possible set of questions you could get any of the (I think) 4 papers.

AW man, just when i was getting my hopes up!:( But you see we are very behind in the course only have 3 poets done so far and spent September to Christmas on our comparative study, so maybe thats just to help us out a little?!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Any hints on the Physics HL or the French reaction question? :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement