Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is long hair on men seen as such a negative thing by a lot of people?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

liah wrote: »
    Think I'm done with boards tbh.

I know this is exactly what you want to hear but.... I'll bite...

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need your dry Canadian gin wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

liah wrote: »
    Chill, I'm just asking why you want to have long hair :p God forbid! I'm not trying to imply anything by it, I'm just curious about people's personal reasons for it considering it doesn't seem to suit a large amount of the men who actually wear it that way, that's all.

But here is the thing, it not suiting people is strictly like, your opinion man.:D (Sorry, felt the sudden urge to put a Lebowskism in my post ).

Basically you don't like long hair, i get that. But if someone told you they didn't like some aspect of your physical appearance would you rush to defend it or would you simply shrug it off as a difference of opinion and stylistic tastes?

It's not really that difficult to grasp as people normally look how they want to look and how they enjoy looking.

In my opinion those awful dresses worn by 70% of girls who go out on Saturday night and that ****ty clone-o-shirt that the blokes wear doesn't suit anyone living or dead...doesn't mean those people need to convince me that they are happy to do so and like how it makes them look though.

I'll be flat out honest with you Liah, from reading your posts here on boards you strike me as a smart lass with some clever stuff to say, i just think you are a little off point with the questions and I guess.

There also seems to be a strong leaning of "me and other girls don't like guys with long hair"...and that's fair enough, but who cares?

You say you are trying to understand...so that's my point...a lot of people honestly don't care what anyone else thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I have long Hair, and I mean LONG hair, I measured the ponytail from the hairband at the nape of me neck to the end, its 23 inches, I also dalliance with beards occasionaly, however I'm likin my Timor Style safety razor at the moment, so Cleanshaven, but it all depends on what humor I'm in.

I also paint my nails, this is something that gets me a lot more 'Schtick' than the Hair.

Advertisement