Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine Monohydrate ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Hanley wrote: »
    Dude's need more creatine to improve their congnitive abilities.

But wouldn't that cause water on the brain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

SanoVitae wrote: »
    But wouldn't that cause water on the brain?

Creatine causes water on the brain? :eek:

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Creatine causes water on the brain? :eek:

Nah, I was taking a surreal page out of Chris89's book. I decided not to put the knowing wink at the end of my post and instead see if anyone would bite.

The scary thing is that more ridiculous things are said on this forum every day by people who are actually serious and truly believe exactly what they are posting.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

Just my experience, without being an expert or knowing how creatine works-

I've been using creatine for about 4 weeks now, and have improved on every single lift/ exercise from session to session. In the previous month, before using creatine, I wasn't making improvements every session on every exercise, only on most sessions.

That could simply be due to me working harder, improving my technique, or many other reasons. Or could be a psychological placebo effect. Or it could be a combination of those things, and the creatine is helping slightly. I'll probably never know.

Take from that what you will.

I don't get the impression that people on this thread are disputing that creatine works, but rather how it works.

Here's a interesting article by Lyle McDonald on Creatine Monohydrate.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/supplements-part-2.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Brain bloat, ahaha. May also cause powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FreddieOD

Degsy wrote: »
    For me at least it doesnt work..save the money and buy some steak.

From a kilo of raw steak, youd get around 4g's of creatine. Your body needs atleast 5g's a day to support muscle growth. Save your money? Nah man, i dunno about you but my family spends about 4 quid per 6oz fillet from a wholesaler. You're saying i'd need four or five of these a day to get my RDA and its cheaper to buy steak? Ive got a tub of mono which costs me 20 euro. thats gonna last me 140 days, that money in steaks will last me one day.

Jacob, this is Freddie :) I joined boards cus of our chat today. I dont have much experience with it, talk to Dan about it, he knows ****loads on this subject.

This might help...
    http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.aspx?Id=1188

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

He isn't eating steak for its creatine content, he is eating it because its juicy and delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

FreddieOD wrote: »
    I joined boards cus of our chat today.
    123456ag.png
    1234zo.png
    1234bs.png

See? Powers.

See? Powers.

Wow, maybe it does cause water on the brain! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

FreddieOD wrote: »
    From a kilo of raw steak, youd get around 4g's of creatine. Your body needs atleast 5g's a day to support muscle growth. Save your money? Nah man, i dunno about you but my family spends about 4 quid per 6oz fillet from a wholesaler. You're saying i'd need four or five of these a day to get my RDA and its cheaper to buy steak? Ive got a tub of mono which costs me 20 euro. thats gonna last me 140 days, that money in steaks will last me one day.

Jacob, this is Freddie :) I joined boards cus of our chat today. I dont have much experience with it, talk to Dan about it, he knows ****loads on this subject.

This might help...
    http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.aspx?Id=1188

Do you honestly believe the body needs the equivalent of more than a kilo of raw steak a day to support muscle growth??

Forget about my muscles; I don't think my intestines could support 1 kilo of steak a day.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Forget about my muscles; I don't think my intestines could support 1 kilo of steak a day.....

Thats quitter talk.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Chris89 wrote: »
    I would hope it is blindingly obvious to most people that i was in fact, joking.

Er... eh... my comment was also tongue in cheek. I swear like.

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Nah, I was taking a surreal page out of Chris89's book. I decided not to put the knowing wink at the end of my post and instead see if anyone would bite.

This thread is literally amazing.

Advertisement