Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy Type-0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I can't say that I have payed too much attention to XIII-2, after the disappointment of playing XIII, but I stumbled on this article and found it interesting. It seems that Square have acknowledged the mistakes made with XIII's design, and are looking to rectify them for the next game. An honest attempt to make up for a poor game, or a cynical attempt to convince us to continue to buy FF games? I remain unconvinced for now, but will pay more attention coming up to its release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Well see. That was the developers speaking. Management could come in at any stage and **** it up no matter what their hopes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

According to most of the previews from E3 the game actually delivers on its promise and learns from XIII's mistakes, but then again that was just a 20 minutes demo.

Also it is worthwhile to note that SE is showing gameplay trailers and demos fro this game instead of CGI trailers, so hopefully they learned on that front too.

Lastly, Type-0 looks amazing. Hopefully it gets localised, but there's still doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Mario007 wrote: »
    Lastly, Type-0 looks amazing. Hopefully it gets localised, but there's still doubt about that.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it be released here for the PSVita, which sources tell me is what Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is going to be released for here. Saves them having to release it on 2 UMDs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I feel all weird now for enjoying FF XIII...

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    I feel all weird now for enjoying FF XIII...

haha i'm the same, i can't really get the hate for the game. then again, i enjoyed dragon age 2 as well, so i guess i just tend to like game people hate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Type 0 demo is up. Press the big red button to download. Its in japanese of course but might be worth a gander. Requires firmware 6.39

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I played a little bit of the demo yesterday, I'm all kinds of impressed.

Here's a little guide to the controls if you need it. ofxqF.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is it a monster hunter clone or is it actually worth the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mario007 wrote: »
    i enjoyed dragon age 2 as well, so i guess i just tend to like game people hate

Freak!! Unclean!!

• Advertisement

The controls do look very monster hunterish. I really do hope this comes here out in some form or another though.

more ff xiii-2 news: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/03/ffxiii_2_jump/

to be honest xiii-2 is looking better with every trailer and every piece of news released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

first comment down yours? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's looking interesting but whoever did the localisation should be shot. The english dialogue is god awful.

you mean this article of the game as a whole (as seen from the trailers). if its the case of the article then i'd say it was a bit rushed to break the news as this article was posted right after Jump revealed that a time crossing feature was gonna be in the game

There's images of hope and snow out. They look a little less stupid.

Type-0 one Famitsu score: 39/40, same as Xillia. Wonder how many copies this will sell in Japan next week

Famitsu can't exactly be trusted though. Hope Xilia makes it here, have heard it's fantastic. Still no plans for a western release for Type-0 which is insane.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Famitsu can't exactly be trusted though. Hope Xilia makes it here, have heard it's fantastic. Still no plans for a western release for Type-0 which is insane.

There has to be a vita release for it. There's no way they'd leave a game with that much production value unreleased in the west.

It's square enix we are talking about. I doubt it will be a big seller at all over here. It's too early in the Vita life cycle and the PSP is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if it got shelved.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's square enix we are talking about. I doubt it will be a big seller at all over here. It's too early in the Vita life cycle and the PSP is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if it got shelved.

i doubt they'd leave an ff game which took around 3 years to make to stay only in japan. steve blum has already hinted that he'll be voicing a 'king' in a ff: http://www.finalfantasy.net/type0/final-fantasy-type0-localization-hinted-va/

now that could be type-0 localisation or versus (since noctis' father is a king). SE have already made plans for digital release of type-0 on the day it launches in japan so maybe they might do the same in the west, allowing vita buyers to have the game. or they could do a psp remaster, since Sony said that the technology for psp remasters on the ps3 is available to any developer and it'll only take around 6 months to remaster a game.

I hope you are right but the official stance is that there are 'noplans' to localise it.

yeah hopefully they localise it. they did say in famitsu or dengeki last time that they're 'looking into' localisation, so we can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

XIII-2 is finished: http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213153p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Quite looking forward to this, I like the whole time travel thing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Same here, with the added bonus of Liam O'Brian's voice.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Whoever did the localisation should be shot, the dialogue is terrible. Still really looking forward to it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's like my wallet just got £40 lighter.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement