Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy Type-0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I'd probably give XIII-2(as disappointed as I was with 13) a go if it's the same or similar battle system. Not interested in action RPGs. Hope they bring towns back though, that would improve the game a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Is it bad im kinda hoping XIII-2 will be a camp and girly as X-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm a long time Final Fantasy fan, & I thought the series was practically perfect up until XI. Never really got the whole online thing. X was fantastic. By XII, there was signs that the series was changing, but I still love the game. Final Fantasy XIII is currently the worst game I have ever bought for any console that I have owned. I just found it so mind-blowingly boring. You had no choice in absolutely anything In the game. I know it is all subjective and everyone will hold their own opinion, but I just didn't get the game at all.

It's exactly for them reasons that I'm very pessimistic about XIII-2. I just hope it goes back to its roots and dishes out another gem like the ones of old.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

carbonkid wrote: »
    Is it bad im kinda hoping XIII-2 will be a camp and girly as X-2.
    Yes its really bad that game was so dumb changing customes and sing dancing if i want that i would buy a wii game:D

dmcdante wrote: »
    Yes its really bad that game was so dumb changing customes and sing dancing if i want that i would buy a wii game:D

I play enough end of the world games...the dress spheres were so funny...the LeBlanc villian all dressed in pink and Yunas super girly run. The pop concert about a third way through the game reminded me of films where all the kids have to put on a concert to save the rec center...awesome!!!

I liked it because it was so over the top cheesy.

Dont know what thats got to do with the wii though o_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

speaking of x-2, i remember i didnt dare to turn it on when the gf around :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I was a fan of FFXIII, but why a direct sequel? The story ended for God sake. What's it, Sanctum is going to try take over Pulse now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

FFX-2 Was great, just misunderstood. I always viewed the game as a holiday for Yuna after going through all that **** in FFX. Loved that game apart from the stupid requirements to get the extra endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm a fool for Final Fantasy. I think an iteration could be the worst game I've ever played, but I'll still give the next one a chance. Not that XIII was bad, just disappointing in areas. The battle system was, imo, outstanding. So was Lightning's character design, and on that note...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

megaten wrote: »
    FFX-2 Was great, just misunderstood. I always viewed the game as a holiday for Yuna after going through all that **** in FFX. Loved that game apart from the stupid requirements to get the extra endings.

Completely agree.

People really have to get over the opening movie sequence.

• Advertisement

LOL...and there was me thinking id be on my own liking X-2

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

when you pause the trailer you'll see lighting summoning her gunblade the same way Noctis does in FF Versus 13. This can be quite significant as we know that Etro gave powers to Noctis in Versus and from the FF 13-2 trailer we know that light is determined to protect Etro, possibly also becoming her chose champion?

Also the purple man in the trailer is speculated to be Cid Raines as the face of Raines and the purple man are pretty much the same. Of further note is that his costume seems to be quite heavily influenced by Bahamut design

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FFversus XIII delayed again. Getting to be a bit of a joke. Nomura says we should forget about seeing it anytime soon and that FF XIII-2 and Type 0 will be out before it.

lol we all assuming versus13 is nearly completed, judging by all the videos?? so ff13-2 will be another rush work?? SE is some business man indeed. sales figure > quality yeay??

Reason they take so long is because the graphics have to be so well polished...its expected from them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Versus XIII looks impressive, but (as Retr0 noted) the combat looks a bit too much like Crisis Core. CC was fun, but a bit repetitive.

XIII-2 looks awesome. I'd be perfectly happy if Lightning were the only returning character and we had a world map to wander around.

^you know if lightning is the only returning character (actually, i dont mind Fang too) , and the trailers with more actual gameplay doesnt look bad, i will actually buy it on launch! 13's battle system has huge potential i hope they can do it right this time.

versus13 on the other hand i will only pick it up when it is dirt cheap :pac:

I'd be happy enough if Fang returned too...it just seems unlikely, given how we left her in XIII.

I may be nuts, but one of the first thoughts I had was that XIII-2 could be set in some sort of pocket universe that Lightning went to while she was turned to crystal. Time might be different there or some such. It might even make XIII's ending better!

You'll note the use of the words "could" and "might" above. Idle speculation, the internet loves thee!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Is there any ff13 -2 trailers without spoilers? My xbox red ringed when i (think i) was nearing the end!! very frustrating because i was really enjoying it up till then (contrary to the rest of the world it seems)! afraid to watch trailers for 2 incase it ruins it though!

Getting my ff fix from ff6 on my phone (ah the future!), and loving it at the moment!

• Advertisement

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Is there any ff13 -2 trailers without spoilers?

No, the trailer shows a part of the ending. Don't look at it until you finish XIII!

Ha well can you possibly tell me am i close?
    Went back to cocoon, into that other realm and stuff and platforms started moving as far as i can remember..
    its been seriously too long since ive played, but if im close to the end i might try get a borrowed xbox to finish it off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

8 and 9 were great games. 7 was truly amazing, my most favourite game ever, I couldn't even guess the sheer amount of hours I spent playing it.

10, 10-2 and 12 were rubbish and by then so was the Final Fantasy reputation:(, so much in fact I haven't even played 13 (Top Gear is riding the same wave, hasn't been great ina good while), I'll get 13 second hand for a fiver some time.:cool:

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Ha well can you possibly tell me am i close?
    Went back to cocoon, into that other realm and stuff and platforms started moving as far as i can remember..
    its been seriously too long since ive played, but if im close to the end i might try get a borrowed xbox to finish it off!

Very close indeed, a few more hours will do it!

good to know cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

New gameplay footage of Type-0, with freaking fighting airships!!!

http://n4g.com/news/773143/english-subtitled-final-fantasy-type-0-gameplay-video

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

this game is looking very very good.

SE finally learning their lesson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

new trailer released for XIII-2. Didn't think it was possible but from the small bit of seen it looks slightly worse/the exact same.

After checking out the XIII-2 trailer and seen the protagonist...does his design/model seem kinda lazy? Like the B-squad was left to make this one. The hair just seems like it was just thrown on...something looks off but cant put my finger on it. Unusual to have that lack of detail in a FF game.

Looks like this will be a recycle game like X-2 but without the fun campness.

• Advertisement

serah+that dude - totally uninteresting to me now =_=

Advertisement