Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies that make grown women cry...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mrs_H

Bit of an oldie film but The Champ gets me every time..It's just soo sad when he dies at the end. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mrs_H wrote: »
    Bit of an oldie film but The Champ gets me every time..It's just soo sad
    when he dies at the end.
    :(

Please use spoiler tags for those of us who haven't seen it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mrs_H

Ooops....Sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Steel Magnolias, every time. Rudy & Top Gun...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

And I have to add V for Vendetta. I always cry at the end :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Hachi - A Dog's Tale.

Seriously. Animals affect me more than humans. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I always cry at old disneys films like Bambi and The Lion King.

The Wind the Shakes the Barley had me roaring for about twenty minutes.

Others include Up, My Life without Me, Gran Turino and Inside I'm Dancing.

Also the old eposides for Reeling in the years and the one in Only Fools and Horses where the grandad dies bring a tear to my eye everytime :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Please use spoiler tags for those of us who haven't seen it yet!

A bit unfair to ask for spoiler tags for a film that must be about 35 years old at this stage!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

there are LOADS of films that make me cry!!! Too many to list! I'm a complete wuss...

The most recent one was Hachi as mentioned by someone above there. I watched it at the weekend. Oh how I sobbed.:(

That's the thing about me too. I dont just sit there and let a few tears roll down my face. I actually end up having to try and stifle proper SOBS. I'm a disaster with sad movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Niamho! wrote: »
    there are LOADS of films that make me cry!!! Too many to list! I'm a complete wuss...

The most recent one was Hachi as mentioned by someone above there. I watched it at the weekend. Oh how I sobbed.:(

That's the thing about me too. I dont just sit there and let a few tears roll down my face. I actually end up having to try and stifle proper SOBS. I'm a disaster with sad movies!

Baha me too. That film had my sister and I in bits though lol.

I also have a brief period after watching these kinds of films where I'll actually start crying just thinking about them. Oh the joys! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

ok - so once a year I watch the director's cut of The Lord of the Rings - yes, all 12 hours of it - and I forget every bloody year that I end up bawling like a baby when
    Frodo leaves Sam & Co on the pier when he's heading off with the Elves..........and feel so bad that he's going off, in essence, alone

and yes, I am part-geek:o

cos the end of Ashes to Ashes also has me in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ooh I forgot one - Adam and Paul set me off. The ending was just so depressing and heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Oh I've cried at so many films, it's unreal! Some that come to mind:
    In America
    Inside I'm Dancing
    Blood Diamond (watched this one very recently, amazing film)

Advertisement