Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where you came up with your username title??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

I break out (and get thrown off of) a lot of young horses. And there's some song I can't currently remember off hand but the chorus is something like "skywards again blahblahblah" and some smartass at the track thought it would be funny to start singing it every time I got launched. Its funny now, but I wasn't so amused the first time :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

It's my first name + first letter of my last name written backwards.

Been meaning to change it for ages, but can't think of anything to change it to! :-/

Budgese is what myself and the ex decided "is the language budgies speak". And I get to listen to a lot of budgie-speak with the two chatterboxes I keep at home.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Because I shine so brightly, like a beacon to all the faint-hearted. *coughs violently* I dunno, I just chose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

I'm a nature creature. Love nothing more than a big field of wild flowers, like a landscape painted by Claude Monet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Konata is a character in the anime Lucky Star. She's awesome :D

1228784067899.png.thumb.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My name is Fiona and when my brother was younger he couldn't pronounce it properly so it became Nona, which became Noni, which in turn became Noinini (can't figure out the fada's on this computer).
    Which (as I'm sure you all know :p ) is the Irish for Daisies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Daisies wrote: »
    can't figure out the fada's on this computer

AltGr + aeiou = áéíóú :cool: ( if you dont have a AltGr use Ctrl + Alt )

my screen name comes from the waltons by way of my oldest brothers sense of humor.
    wrote:
    Night John boy....

and sligo is my hometown so to make it a little unique I tacked it on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Tried that, doesn't work on this computer :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Fishie wrote: »
    It was an in-joke that the only thing I could say in French was 'Je suis un poisson', which is feckin useless... I used to have an email account where you could have lots of different addresses all going to the same inbox, and the beginning of two of my addresses were je-suis-un-poisson and i-am-a-fish. Fishie must have seemed like a logical username at the time. People have gradually PMed me over the years with more languages to add to the signature.

ooh- my friend speaks fluent Te Reo (Maori), I was just talking to her about it earlier. I should find out how to say it for you. That'd be a cool one to have. (actually you could probably google it but it'd be nice to get it from someone).

Mine is a mixture of my surname and the initials of my first and middle name. Not very exciting, I know. I'm getting married next year and am going to change my surname. Maybe I should change my username too to reflect it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If you're in Oz, you may not have an 'international' keymap set. If you're using a UK keyboard, try changing your keyboard layout to 'UK International'. There may be similar for an Oz specific layout...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thaedydal
    Ladydeaht
    Lady Death

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Death
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_%28DC_Comics%29

The concept of Death being female and being a gentle death and a sweet release is one which has stuck with me for oh the last 20 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Thaedydal
    Ladydeaht
    Lady Death

Hah! Often wondered about your user name! Wow, I'd be a useless code-breaker...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Thaedydal
    Ladydeaht
    Lady Death

The concept of Death being female and being a gentle death and a sweet release is one which has stuck with me for oh the last 20 years or so.

Ah, not Susan Sto Helit then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I hate my username...didn´t give it much thought...says nothing about me only that I´m from Dublin (just about!) and the shortened version of my first name is Eve. I swear to Jaysus I´m not normally so unimaginative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nope, I had read Sandman and Lady Death comics before Soul Music was published.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

my OH calls me 'meggles' and megglz is my xbox name :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

If something is truly awful, it's 'cat melodeon'. My dad used to say it all the time to describe the weather, hurling matches, poorly made tea, anything to do with Kilkenny, etc. We now have a cat called Cat Melodeon - she was a stray and is a bit stink and rotten. She was bawling outside the window when I was signing up to boards, I thought that'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Mine speaks for itself ,favorite sport:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Geek alert. Mine comes from Peter Parker and Clark Kent.

• Advertisement

Uhm.. I grew up in the country, so I'm a bogman and I've got a boney arse so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

fav cohen song!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Devore chose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

On the off chance you have a mac, its option + e and then the letter. áé etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Well I'm not a woman but I'm not going to comply with the rules of your sexist thread:D. I actualy don't know where I got my user name. People always think I'm a goth because of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Wrote down a bunch of random words and mix and matched them until I got something that sounded different.

Uhm.. I grew up in the country, so I'm a bogman and I've got a boney arse so ...

Is it not from The Butcher Boy?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thaedydal
    Ladydeaht
    Lady Death

I feel all smart and stuff now, I knew that. :p

Mine has no story it's one I signed up in college on the SIN boards in UCG, just randomly came up with it. It's rarely registered anywhere so is a handy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I had originally signed up with my own.full.name :rolleyes: (silly I know)

I ended up getting abuse IRL due to something that happened on a thread (and a lack of discretion by a mod who knows and dislikes me IRL) so I decided to change it so nobody would know who I am.

I wanted something nature-y, quiet, leafy, soft and nearly fairy like. So out walking one windy day in a forest, I remarked to my OH that it sounds like the leaves whispered. And decided to use it. I know for others it doesn't bring up those images, but for me it reminds me of a lovely tranquil forest. (and secret messages :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

quite a long time ago now...back in the day when i 1st discovered email sites and had to come up with a name for it. Was sitting in a lecture when i heard the words... magnetic impulses!!

Impulse is like some sort of lynx/impulse advert, being drawn to something by impulse like shopping or people etc.

Magnetic is like attraction, and replusion...it was in a computer/physics class and thought it was appropriate to apply to an internet username...since i wanted emails etc to be drawn/attracted to my account (i suppose thats the theory...i honestly didnt even think about it that much when i came up with the name).

So I thought, hey, i could use that as a username and ive used it for the internet ever since.

very geeky, but i like it ;)

Advertisement