Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where you came up with your username title??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 King Henry

I couldn't think and a girl in teh office had just been talking about The Tudors.. And so Boards King Henry was born!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Novella wrote: »
    I couldn't think of a name to use, so I put my i-tunes on shuffle and decided to call by myself by the name of the first song that came on. It was Novella by Funeral for a Friend. :)

Glad you didn't decide to go by the band name? :)

There's a word for mine..some -nym that I can't remember (like pseudonym or antonym), in that reflects my actual name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Randomness with friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Someone asked me 'whats a Benga'.. my username is just about my all consuming love of Bengal cats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Meh, It's my name I've use/still used for all things gaming and the first part is sorta a bit like my real name. Though something to do with camping would probably be more apt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I like ducks, and when I get excited I squeal and or squeak.

At a house party one of my friends said man you're like a squeakyduck!....He had me in his phone as squeakyduck....I like it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Got called it on holidays a few yrs back after too much jameson on a night out, so when it came to here I thought meh that'll do!

Just because :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Mines so boring compared a lot of these!

As I was setting up my account my mum asked me how i was getting on with a project I was in the middle of at the time. I responded "getting there" as I was asked for a username so just wrote it in for lack of anything else.

Had I known better my username would be "was_getting_there_but_due_to_impending_boards_addiction_will_leave_rest_of_it_to_last_minute"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sephiroth is the name of villian in the computer game final fantasy 7 and I'm a dude.simples :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sephiroth is the name of villian(with mammy issues) in the computer game final fantasy 7 and I'm a dude.simples :).
    Sorry counldn resist putting it in, it's all I ever think when I hear sephiroth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Mine is just what my mom sometimes calls me when she is being silly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

krudler wrote: »
    mines a Simpsons reference, cake for whoever knows what it means :D

tumblr_kx8p3uSlXB1qztjn5o1_500.png

I wanted a different name, but it was taken, so I started thing of words that rhymed with it and landed on Twee! Not sure why I added the full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its my nickname :) very lazy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm a massive Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and started using the nickname Faith about 10 years ago, after the character in the show. I originally used Cordelia I think, but I thought Faith was cooler.

Someone once told me that they'd expected me to be a religious freak because of my name :D. I never even thought about that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry counldn resist putting it in, it's all I ever think when I hear sephiroth

Burst out laughing when I saw it :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

It was from my goldfish Peanut who turned completely silver.

RIP Peanut, shine on you crazy diamond.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Used to play a lot of Super Smash Bros, the 6th event match in Super Smash Bros Melee (Kirbys On Parade) has the tagline "Look out! A rainbow of kirbys is after you". Given that I'd been playing SSBM for about 6 hours on the day I made this account... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Faith wrote: »
    I'm a massive Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and started using the nickname Faith about 10 years ago, after the character in the show. I originally used Cordelia I think, but I thought Faith was cooler.

Someone once told me that they'd expected me to be a religious freak because of my name :D. I never even thought about that.

Ha ha I always thought you were super religious whenever I saw the username too. Loved Buffy when I was younger and Faith was always my fave! Much cooler reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Mines so boring, I live in Meath but my address is Drogheda and everytime I give my address/fill out my address on line it defaults to Louth and it annoys me because I live in Meath..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Kya is the name of one of my dogs and I was born in 1976. Very original:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

Boring. Thought up while undergoing a severe attack of world-weariness and know-it-allness.

Eh... I still think I've earned my stripes, so to speak... :o... so am leaving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My first one was a mish-mash of what my married name would have been (engaged and clearly insane at the time!!). My second one was what a boy I thought was cute used to call me :pac:

My current one is from the brand on the water coolers at work. I like my 1st and 2nd explanations better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was trying to think of a username and the book I was reading was open in front of me and the first two words on the page were 'how strange'.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

I think periwinkles are delish :o

Remember eating them on an amazing trip to Lahinch a few years ago. Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Mine is a horse I used to love to watch racing, she has retired since.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

Have a guess! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭b.o.m.d.a.s.

Brackets off, multiply, divide, add, subtract.?
    as far as i remember junior cert maths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

Mines a nitendo 64 computer game character from way back when.. Lylat wars or something

****e game but played it for years, I still quote lines from it but my news friends dont get the reference :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

My boyfriend's nickname for me :)

Advertisement