Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conference Championship Game Day

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This!

Pretty low i thought!
    Thanks for quoting somebody I have on ignore.

Anyways just to clarify. There is no way I'm having an even money bet with you if you can go and make an instant profit by laying it off. That does not make any sense to me.

When we can get odds on it, I'm more than willing to have the bet with you at the average price available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

eagle eye wrote: »
    Jets notable FAs are Edwards, Cromartie, Holmes, Harris, Ellis and Smith. The 2010 draft doesn't look too good so far. They don't have a 2nd round pick in this year's draft. They had by far the most talented bunch of players. They were built for this year and blew it. They will be back to an 8-8 team or worse next season.

Must be exciting for the Pats though.Will ye go 15-1 before ye choke in the playoffs again.Brady will break which record before posting a 66 passer rating in the playoffs.
    Eli,Flacco,Sanchez all beat ye.But hey i forgot that its all building towards next year,no wait i mean next,no sorry i meant the next year :D:D

Yeah the Jets lost,we showed great heart and to be honest losing lt and cro may hurt be we are still an excellent team and we will be there at the business end again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Thanks for quoting somebody I have on ignore.

Anyways just to clarify. There is no way I'm having an even money bet with you if you can go and make an instant profit by laying it off. That does not make any sense to me.

When we can get odds on it, I'm more than willing to have the bet with you at the average price available.

As someone who works in a bookies, there's no chance of getting odds on that. And it's very unlikely you'll get odds on Betfair either so there's very very little chance of laying it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

As someone who works in a bookies, there's no chance of getting odds on that. And it's very unlikely you'll get odds on Betfair either so there's very very little chance of laying it off.

Doesn't matter. He's welched on it already.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. He's welched on it already.
    You don't even understand what welching is obviously.

You are a despicable human being calling me that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You don't even understand what welching is obviously.

You are a despicable human being calling me that. :mad:

Nice changing of the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Clearly has welched.

If he was so sure of the Jets going 8-8 or less, he wouldn't care what JohnnyRyan did. It's a bet where he doesn't have to put €100 forward first (unlike a bookies) so it's not as if he's better off going with the bookies. If he was so sure of it happening, he'd take the bet and not worry about how JohnnyRyan handles his own affairs (having known the chap for the past 23 years, I can safely guarantee that he hasn't a clue how laying works :pac:) but nope, welch welch welch.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Nice changing of the subject.
    Changing subject?

You come in calling me a welcher and I responded to you on that subject:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

012411jewyorkjets.jpg

Changing subject?

You come in calling me a welcher and I responded to you on that subject:mad:

welching:
    present participle of welsh
    Verb: Fail to honor (a debt or obligation incurred through a promise or agreement).

Now what are you on about???

• Advertisement

welching:
    present participle of welsh
    Verb: Fail to honor (a debt or obligation incurred through a promise or agreement).

Now what are you on about???
    I'd love to know where you got that from. A welcher is somebody who doesn't pay up on a debt or bet.

Its after the event only that somebody can become a welcher. Anybody can cancel a bet before the event. And I didn't cancel it either, just said I am not taking even money if I can get a better price.

Just think about it for a second, if I place this bet and he can find an over/under on the Jets season at 10.5 wins then he can bet the under and have a free ride on a 9-7/10-6 season. I'm not taking a bet that gives somebody the opportunity to get out free. I'm in agreement to take a bet on an 8-8 season but the price has to be right.

The season hasn't begun so I'm not gaining any advantage by holding off on it. I'm not looking to gain an advantage at all, I just want the price to be fair on it.

I'd love to know where you got that from. A welcher is somebody who doesn't pay up on a debt or bet.

Its after the event only that somebody can become a welcher. Anybody can cancel a bet before the event. And I didn't cancel it either, just said I am not taking even money if I can get a better price.

Just think about it for a second, if I place this bet and he can find an over/under on the Jets season at 10.5 wins then he can bet the under and have a free ride on a 9-7/10-6 season. I'm not taking a bet that gives somebody the opportunity to get out free. I'm in agreement to take a bet on an 8-8 season but the price has to be right.

The season hasn't begun so I'm not gaining any advantage by holding off on it. I'm not looking to gain an advantage at all, I just want the price to be fair on it.

Welching definition..

That's not the point. You're trying to get an edge over him now instead of honouring the bet. I make stupid bets all the time with my mates even when the odds are stacked against me. Such as me having a few quid bet with one of the lads on the playoffs (which I won by backing the Packers against the Eagles and Faclons). Both times the Packers were better than even money.

So you don't mind taking the bet if it suits you? All you have to do is agree on it with the stipulation that if there's a lock-out then it's a void bet.

Either way, that's the last I'm going to post on it.

There is no definition there for it.

There is no definition there for it.

welsh, welch [wɛlʃ]
    vb (intr; often foll by on) Slang
    1. (Group Games / Gambling, except Cards) to fail to pay a gambling debt
    2. to fail to fulfil an obligation
    [of unknown origin]

Alternatively Google 'welching'.

Advertisement