Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this guy went from average looking to very good looking (no homo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Links234 wrote: »
    because you get on with her, find her attractive and have feelings for her? seems like a good enough reason ;)

and believe me, loads of guys would want to go out with a transgender girl

Eh.. how would you do it??

Like sure he could get a new vagina and such. It still won't be like the real thing. He'll still have a prostate and a small pelvis and all. It's just gonna be very weird!!

Well maybe some guys are into that sorta thing...
    The new world is a freaky freaky place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I think it's worth pointing out that not all transgender girls are attracted specifically to men. I have a transgender friend who is only attracted to women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Bodybuilding and heavy metal are not the preserve of men. You can like those things and be a girl at the same time.

Sigh

I know but generally men are in a pretty big majority for both. I don't think you can say that's not true.

Anyway my point is when you put those two together they would generally be the sign of someone who wouldn't be the atypical person you would associate with transgender people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Yeah men and women have a different skeletal structure though which he can't change. Such as the pelvis, elbows, knees, shoulders etc.

Men have a smaller pelvis and less wide. Women have a wider pelvis which gives them those curvy hips. Women also have a greater angle at their elbow joint than men and such...

If naked he'll still look like a tranny. Not to ignore his penis!

You would be amazed how powerful hormones are. Testosterone causes some skeletal changes, but a lot of the differences are actually soft tissue and can be changed quite easily. Womens curvier frames is more down to where the fat is, not the size of the pelvis, the main difference there is that it is at an angle of greater than 90 degrees. Thats why that when FTMs go off testosterone, their faces will become more feminine (not totally) again because the absence of testosterone causes the muscle and fat to reposition itself. In terms of your last point, the surgery is very advanced and in general very successful.

Also @HavingCrack: You said that her identity was questionable because she was into such masculine things. Is it not more likely that she is a girl who just happens to like these things? Just because you are trans does not make you super girly, you can be a tomboy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah men and women have a different skeletal structure though which he can't change. Such as the pelvis, elbows, knees, shoulders etc.

Men have a smaller pelvis and less wide. Women have a wider pelvis which gives them those curvy hips. Women also have a greater angle at their elbow joint than men and such...

If naked he'll still look like a tranny. Not to ignore his penis!

can you please give her a little respect and not refer to her with male pronouns? :)

bones don't change shape but much of what makes the difference between male and female is body fat and musculature. during HRT for transgender women body fat redistributes to female areas and will fill out the hips, and there will be a lot of changes in upper body musculature too, such as the back, shoulders and neck. she'd probably have quite a feminine body shape already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

can you please give her a little respect and not refer to her with male pronouns? :)

bones don't change shape but much of what makes the difference between male and female is body fat and musculature. during HRT for transgender women body fat redistributes to female areas and will fill out the hips, and there will be a lot of changes in upper body musculature too, such as the back, shoulders and neck. she'd probably have quite a feminine body shape already

That is true. Yeah.

But well, why would anyone wanna become a girl when they're a perfectly shaped man... Its completely unnatural.

Anyway, its a strange world we live in...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

That is true. Yeah.

But well, why would anyone wanna become a girl when they're a perfectly shaped man... Its completely unnatural.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it strange or unnatural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

all i can think is....
    ITS A TRAP aghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

That is true. Yeah.

If you woke up in the morning looking like the opposite sex I'm sure you would go do something about it. It would be unnatural not to.

Its completely unnatural.

so are computers!

which, I might add, probably wouldn't exist as we know them today, if it wasn't for how this transgender woman revolutionized microchip design.

so computers are really double unnatural then! quick, throw yours out the window! :p

http://www.lgbthistorymonth.org.uk/history/lynnconway.htm
    If you use virtually any sort of microelectronic technology in your daily life then you owe an immense debt to engineer and latter day trans campaigner, Lynn Conway.

Lynn is Emerita Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Michigan and, whilst working at the famous Xerox “PARC” centre in the mid 1970’s, made a pivotal contribution to the way in which large and complex computer chips are designed. The techniques she invented with her colleague, Professor Carver Mead, meant that more engineers were able to design more computer chips in a fraction of the time it had taken before – her methods are still taught to University students around the world – and the paradigms she gave the engineering world have influenced the design of everything from desktop computers and personal organisers to toasters.

Yet even before this seminal contribution, Lynn had already contributed enormously to the product design strategy of IBM – with ideas that also changed the way that very fast computers are built. Chances are, in fact, your desktop PC uses those ideas even today – allowing it to carry out several instructions at the same time, rather than one after the other.

OMG! computers are evil unnatural transsexual technology! :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'm never fantasizing about beautiful women ever again. :(

Anyway my point is when you put those two together they would generally be the sign of someone who wouldn't be the atypical person you would associate with transgender people.

what's the typical transgender person, do you think? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Justin Bieber?

Jumpy wrote: »
    Justin Bieber?

no, but on a side note, a surprising amount of lesbians look like justin bieber :p

http://lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.tumblr.com/

tumblr_ldpr3wipwI1qbnbfeo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_lc1g3qJqms1qbnbfeo1_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

:pac:

Ah well in fairness most people will associate transgender people (rightly or wrongly) as either displaying traditionally effeminate gestures/features etc if they're male and displaying traditionally masculine ones when female. I think it is fair to that basically most people would presume a transgender person would be similar to someone like Graham Norton or someone like Snoop Pearson. Obviously not all are..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Don't consider it good looking. Mad change though in a year. The stress on the body must be mental.

:pac:

Ah well in fairness most people will associate transgender people (rightly or wrongly) as either displaying traditionally effeminate gestures/features etc if they're male and displaying traditionally masculine ones when female. I think it is fair to that basically most people would presume a transgender person would be similar to someone like Graham Norton or someone like Snoop Pearson. Obviously not all are..

I think you might actually find that transgender people are really quite varied in their personalities and interests. ;)

one woman who was a pretty big inspiration to me personally was Marissa Martinez:

l_cd66a9599932499ca0acd71ff84d7e05.jpg

she plays death metal, and she's transgender ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i think its very strange, especially the whole "born a woman in a mans body"... very very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

*Shudders

Mousey- wrote: »
    i think its very strange, especially the whole "born a woman in a mans body"... very very strange

we live in a world full of diversity and I think it's wonderful. :)

but to tell the truth, sometimes I do find things strange. like, there are guys out there who don't want to be girls! yeah, I know, weird! I just don't get that at all, what is up with that? very very strange indeed. ;)

anyway guys, I have a thread over on the LGBT forum this is what the transition looks like when a boy becomes a girl, there are many women out there who were assigned male at birth and then transitioned to female.

just for example:

dIywO.jpg
    keetd.jpg
    K8L1U.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think you mean Average looking to fag in 1 year!

Nah, a male to female transsexual can be into women, men, other transgenders or simply be asexual. It's not a sexual orientation.
    Don't know how real that is to be honest. Someone who is a weight lifter and body builder and heavy metaler suddenly decides he wants to be a woman?? Bit suspicious I have to say.

That's not uncommon. A lot of M2F transsexuals do stereotypical male activities either because they're in denial or as an attempt to "cure" themselves.
    Wait a minute... Its an average looking guy who became a hot girl over a year??

Like WTF?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek:

How did he get boobs and what about his penis?!?!

Hormones redistribute fat. The effect and time it takes differs for each person. Some T.S. get boob jobs.

As for the penis, well some transwomen only go as far as hormones and retain their penis. Others get SRS (sex re-assignment surgery.)
    Well maybe some guys are into that sorta thing...
    The new world is a freaky freaky place!!

You'd be surprised at how many guys who identify as straight are secretly into transgirls.
    That is true. Yeah.

But well, why would anyone wanna become a girl when they're a perfectly shaped man

Because they were never male in the place where it matters most-the brain.
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/5/2034

Trust me it's not a nice feeling. Some transsexuals go as far as trying to cut off their own penis' and are at a significantly higher rate for suicide, severe depression and anxiety unless they transition.
    ... Its completely unnatural.

By that logic you should throw away your broadband and laptop.
    Gender dysphoria is natural, albeit a crap experiance for those affected by it. Poor eyesight is natural but we use man made technology to improve the quality of life for those affected by it-glasses and laser.

The work of animals such as bees and ants are considered natural. Why do you believe the same does not apply to humans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Azure_sky wrote: »

By that logic you should throw away your broadband and laptop.
    Gender dysphoria is natural, albeit a crap experiance for those affected by it. Poor eyesight is natural but we use man made technology to improve the quality of life for those affected by it-glasses and laser.
    The thing is, I don't consider technological applications to be "unnatural" at all. Disconnected human civilisations around the world have always used tools to make life easier for themselves. We've just found a method - science - that basically allows us to find out what works and what doesn't, and the natural, progressive refinement of this process has given us advanced tools like computers, spectacles etc.

Gender dysphoria is not unnatural, it's uncommon.

"Unnatural" is a complete garbage term that has no meaning whatsoever when used in the manner of the poster earlier.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    "Unnatural" is a complete garbage term that has no meaning whatsoever when used in the manner of the poster earlier.

well said ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

love how this turned into a serious thread :(

son-i-am-disappoint.gif

love how this turned into a serious thread :(

oh, in that case

carpetdrapes.png

oh, in that case
    LMFAO hahahaha thread saver :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

K8L1U.jpg

ihavetheweirdestboner.jpg

SV wrote: »
    ihavetheweirdestboner.jpg

I laughed :D

but she is absolutely beautiful, no doubt about it ;)

and to keep the humour going, for your health:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

lol OP did you get this from bb.com?

• Advertisement

lol OP did you get this from bb.com?
    strong aware brah :D

Advertisement