Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this is what the transition looks like when a boy becomes a girl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

links234 wrote: »

That website is very difficult to navigate but I think the main point is this

http://i.imgur.com/keetd.jpg

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Good for her, id never be able to tell she'd been a boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Studies have shown that the sooner the transition happens with hormoane treatment the better the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Thats very true, a friend of mine transitioned at 17, you'd never know.

On the other hand a much older friend transitioned in her late 50s after about 3 or 4 years of hormones - I was away for a while and expected after surgery etc she might actually look more feminine - unfortunately not.

A lot of it can be down to things like dress style, hair, makeup etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hormone replacement doesn't work as well if you've begun to age

starting your transition younger is always better but there's plenty of people who have transitioned in their late 20's and 30's or even late 30's and still made an incredible transformation so don't ever think that your past the mark just because you didn't do it in your teens like some luck people

hormone replacement can have incredible results and there are many beautiful women out there who were born boys

SDMw8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

He was a hot guy, now she is a hot girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Frei wrote: »
    He was a hot guy, now she is a hot girl!
    Wait this is hurting my brain.

Shouldn't one say she was a hot guy? Because she is now a girl? But then saying she was a hot guy, dosen't make correct gramatical sense as she is feminine and guy is male.

But then she is now a girl so when you are talking about her past maybe you should say she....

*Head implodes*

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Shouldn't one say she was a hot guy?

I think this is the most sensitive terms to use as she would've identified as female even before the transition.

cotwold wrote: »
    I think this is the most sensitive terms to use as she would've identified as female even before the transition.
    But that's the thing. Although she would have identified as a female she wasn't female. She was male. I may call myself black but I'm still white, unless I had an operation to change that.

It doesn't make grammatical to say she was a hot guy because she is feminine and guy is masculine.

Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for the most sensitive term, I'm looking for the correct term. Of course I don't want to hurt feelings also so I'm choosing my words carefully.

Although she would have identified as a female she wasn't female. She was male.

She would still have been female, just not having the outward characteristics of a female. Think of it this way, if a regular guy dressed up as a girl and looked pretty good, people would say "he makes a pretty hot girl" because he's still a guy but just presenting as a girl, so to say "she made a pretty hot guy" would be correct. And that's what transsexuals are generally, someone who is dressing up to conform to what society deems appropriate based on unfortunate sexual characteristics, until they find the courage to be themselves and present themselves in a way that reflects who they really are.

Sshcr.jpg

• Advertisement

But that's the thing. Although she would have identified as a female she wasn't female. She was male.
    Physically she was a male but emotionally and psychologically she was female

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Physically she was a male but emotionally and psychologically she was female
    But grammatically she wasn't.

I see where you are coming from and I am unsure of this myself. But I have formed the uncertain opinion that it is incorrect to refer to a a person as a she while she was still a he.

It is hard for me to give an opinion I'm currently formulating. But i hope you get the drift of what I'm trying to say.

But grammatically she wasn't.

I see where you are coming from and I am unsure of this myself. But I have formed the uncertain opinion that it is incorrect to refer to a a person as a she while she was still a he.

It is hard for me to give an opinion I'm currently formulating. But i hope you get the drift of what I'm trying to say.

No, not really, I don't particularly see grammar or opinion as relevant. Psychologically and emotionally she was a woman while physically she was a man

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

While I understand some people are sensitive about terminology, does grammar really matter when the meaning is clear?:)

Very good photos mind you!...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

They really are amazing women. I've spoken to a number of those girls and they're just as feminine as anyone could be.

By the way, the transitions above are astounding, but by no means the most drastic! I've seen one girl go from butch bodybuilder at over 200 pounds of muscle in her 30s to slightly lanky redhead with a great smile after 3 years HRT. Hormones do amazing things.

I'm hoping to undergo h.r.t. myself by Christmas....hopefuly my system will tolerate it and things will go well......they can apparently be demanding on some bodies and thus close monitoring is required

I'm curious as to whether many T people remain in their own neighbourhood or if they move

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Timbuk22 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to undergo h.r.t. myself by Christmas....hopefuly my system will tolerate it and things will go well......they can apparently be demanding on some bodies and thus close monitoring is required

Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

l_b56627eb44d2107ae5e5492cbfe41c06.jpgl_7629d70bfc2f48fb91ad5c8dae3daa02.png

Cute guy ^

• Advertisement

Cute girl you mean!

One of the most drastic and incredible transformations I've seen is that of Marissa Martinez, who went from looking like this:

l_f5d94e47504f4335820f18fa479b3ade.jpg

To this:

l_d70ef0c76fba46628d8b7e056a6af4e4.jpg

And she transitioned in her 30's so don't think you're screwed if you don't transition young.

I assume that the last two people would have had facial feminisation and not just h.r.t.?. Very good results.

Freiheit wrote: »
    I assume that the last two people would have had facial feminisation and not just h.r.t.?. Very good results.

Marissa Martinez did have FFS, and if you're interested have a look at her myspace page where she's got a lot of it documented in pictures.

The before/after of the girl I posted above that also had FFS, but the "after" shot is actually before she had the surgery! She already looked an absolute astonishing beauty, and really didn't need it at all. This is her after surgery:

l_6eba5b9a5cc8470e813983ba5e3be102.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭LGiamani

links234 wrote: »
    hormone replacement doesn't work as well if you've begun to age

starting your transition younger is always better but there's plenty of people who have transitioned in their late 20's and 30's or even late 30's and still made an incredible transformation so don't ever think that your past the mark just because you didn't do it in your teens like some luck people

hormone replacement can have incredible results and there are many beautiful women out there who were born boys

SDMw8.jpg
    This guy is HOT and the girl is hot. No question about it

Not obviously talking from experience the ideal situation is to have hormonal intervention pre-puberty, this is, controversialy in some cases now starting to happen.

Freiheit wrote: »
    Not obviously talking from experience the ideal situation is to have hormonal intervention pre-puberty, this is, controversialy in some cases now starting to happen.

It's wonderful for people who are sure of themselves that early on, but a lot of people don't come to terms with their feelings until much later. I think it's great that hormones can be prescribed for young transgender kids, and I remember reading about Kim Petras and being pretty jealous. But I would really like to make the point that it really doesn't matter if you've transitioned young or not, and if you have typically male characteristics, you can still make an incredible transformation. I hope I can bring down some people's doubts with these pictures, they're very inspiring for me. Take a look at the difference for this girl around the 6-month period, it's amazing:

mgMW5.jpg

Wow! That is a huge transformation. And the pictures detail it very well, in zero months, I don't know if he had started hormones at that time or not, his pose is quite masculine but as the moths go on you can tell his attitude has become more feminine due to the effects of hormones.

I also like the period around 5-6 months as we can physically see his face and body become fatter as he losses muscle mass and puts on the soft fat associated with women.

Although is he wearing contact lenses because his eyes change colour throughout the collection?

Although is he wearing contact lenses because his eyes change colour throughout the collection?

Probably any difference in HER eye colour is due to lighting.

Links234 wrote: »
    Probably any difference in HER eye colour is due to lighting.
    I was talking about the first couple of pictures when SHE was still a MALE.

• Advertisement

I don't think grammar should be an area of contention in this thread, does it really matter that much?

Advertisement