Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did this 'Gard' abuse his power?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Anyway zuroph, gucky, and rescue16, time to hit the hay, maybe there will be a few more posts in the morning,,, safe driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The OP thinks he is in the right and no one is going to convince him otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

hondasam wrote: »
    The OP thinks he is in the right and no one is going to convince him otherwise.

Im sure you think your right and nothing will convince you otherwise either.

G`Night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

rescue16 wrote: »
    Bosco boy wrote: »
    I actually have experienced this but not that much as we give plenty of notice when we are approching traffic and i would be on the outside lane but in fairness i have not come accross many people that wont try to pull in when safe to do so. We can only hope they pull in but if they dont there is not much we can do to force them as there is no law yet saying you have to pull in for the emergency services .

what emergency service do you work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

robbie7730 wrote: »
    What about when that section of road is grid locked, do the rules change then? No one is overtaking so should every car now be in the left lane?

Yes the rules then change. In slow moving (queueing) traffic, it's permitted to pass on the left.

Gucky, you must always keep left unless overtaking or turning right ahead. This doesn't just apply to motorways or duel carriage ways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Well, until some of you lot show hi me a source that the stay left rule is applicable to a national road (a road that you may have to make a right turn on) I'll keep believing it.

If no one manages to show me the source (which they haven't as of yet) I'll keep believing it.

So to sum it up, your saying the farthest right hand lane of the naas road is an overtaking only lane despite the fact you have to enter it, to slow down on your approach to Tallaght.

God gave us something to talk out of, and something to crap out of.
    Dont confuse them guys.

Wise up, would ya?

cormie wrote: »
    Yes the rules then change. In slow moving (queueing) traffic, it's permitted to pass on the left.

Gucky, you must always keep left unless overtaking or turning right ahead. This doesn't just apply to motorways or duel carriage ways.

I was turning right at Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Gucky wrote: »
    Well, until some of you lot show hi me a source that the stay left rule is applicable to a national road (a road that you may have to make a right turn on) I'll keep believing it.

Thats all I wanted. Thanks.

If no one manages to show me the source (which they haven't as of yet) I'll keep believing it.

So to sum it up, your saying the farthest right hand lane of the naas road is an overtaking only lane despite the fact you have to enter it, to slow down on your approach to Tallaght.

Dont confuse them guys.

Wise up, would ya?

sure every road will come to a junction at some stage even if it has 4 lanes! I've a feeling this is your actual problem, your probaly not a competent drive and have to get into the lane for the exit straight away even if it's 5 miles down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

keep taking the tablets, they might help,
    it might all be come clear, other than that get a few lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Hi OP

Have the Garda been in contact about this. Or have you got away with it.

dingding wrote: »
    Hi OP

Have the Garda been in contact about this. Or have you got away with it.

I dont understand, got away with what exactly?

Dont confuse them guys.

Wise up, would ya?

you believing it does not make it right.

you show us the source that makes you right.

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/junctions-roundabouts/juntions-and-dual-carriageways.html

keep left on a dual carriageway. Not a motorway. And before you repeat "I was turning right" (in a mile to a half miles time), you stated the rule only applied to motorways in a general instance.

Yes the "cop" was wrong for his undertaking maneuver.

zuroph wrote: »
    Thats all I wanted. Thanks.

And all I wanted was your source, which you haven't produced.

You come back when you have it though.

can you other guys please not quote bosco as I have him on ignore and it forces me to read what he keeps waffling on about. :D

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/junctions-roundabouts/juntions-and-dual-carriageways.html

keep left on a dual carriageway. Not a motorway. And before you repeat "I was turning right" (in a mile to a half miles time), you stated the rule only applied to motorways in a general instance.

wrong wrong wrong.

The naas road (n7) is not a dual carriageway. Its a national road.

Gucky, whether you were turning right at Tallaght or not has no relevance to the fact that you should always keep left unless overtaking or turning right ahead, on all roads, not just motorways and duel carriage ways, this is the point I'm making. You must keep left unless overtaking or turning right ahead on all roads.

wrong wrong wrong.

*sigh* you said ONLY ON MOTORWAYS. So now you say on dual carriageways too?

There we have it, the next arguement now is the defination of a short distance for entering the outside lane in order to exit at a junction. 1 mile is far too long a distance back to enter the lane to do this in normal circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Gucky, what makes you think that a national road can't be a dual-carriageway?
    National road
    A major road linking urban areas and consisting of motorway roads identified by route numbers, for example M1, and other routes identified by route numbers, for example N11

It's only a 'non-national road' if it has an R or L designation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

look at your life and try to work out were it all went wrong,

a few valium tens,

and a 500 euro fine for reckless driving. and anger manegment classes should get ya back on track.

good luck.

wrong wrong wrong.

Dual carriageways are roads with two or more lanes of traffic travelling in each direction.

Gucky, no more living in the fast lane!

galwegians wrote: »
    look at your life and try to work out were it all went wrong,

a few valium tens,

and a 500 euro fine for reckless driving. and anger manegment classes should get ya back on track.

good luck.

Thanks for that constructive input there, not once but twice.

For future reference though, (just so you know) if I want to listen to an arsehole, I'll fart. Ok?

Is there a driving instructor on here who can settle this debate. I don't think the OP will agree with the answer.

Thanks for that constructive input there, not once but twice.

For future reference though, (just so you know) if I want to listen to an arsehole, I'll fart. Ok?

no need to be ignorant.

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Gucky, no more living in the fast lane!

have to quote you or he will not see it :D

hondasam wrote: »
    Is there a driving instructor on here who can settle this debate. I don't think the OP will agree with the answer.

There is no debate here. The facts have been stated with links provided to back them up as requested :)

Your a mod now are you?
    Our just Shiite stirring?

and you are still ignorant.

what's a mod got to do with it ?

• Advertisement

Give him time he's in the thinking slow lane!

Advertisement