Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

greetings wrote: »
    Did you mean San Antonio baz?

Yeah, I'm not with it today.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

These 2 for me, only a small interest one in the second.

Denver +8.5 V Spurs @ 1.8 on betfair

LA Lakers -5.5 V Clippers @ 1.94 on betfair

Clippers win 99-92.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

serious amount of matches on later!
    so far ive gone for Dallas Mavericks -4.5 vs detroit pistons
    GS warriors -7 vs New jersey

Any thoughts on Atlanta V Miami.
    I see Miami could be missing le bron, Wade and Bosh.
    3.40 the Atlanta win on betfair, unders could also be appealing.

• Advertisement

Unders could be good, depending on the spread.
    PP won't have the prices up for that game until 8 tonight.:/

baz2009 wrote: »
    Unders could be good, depending on the spread.
    PP won't have the prices up for that game until 8 tonight.:/

Betfair have it at 189.5

DWade is likely to be back for tonight according to ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6033439

He and James won't be 100% if they do play, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

would be confident Bobcats covering the spread tonight,there +8.
    which is something i will be betting on...
    havent looked at the miami game yet as i want to see pps take on the game before betting with william hill..:pac:

Yeah thought the Bobcats +8 was fairly generous myself, I've the under 185.0 backed in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hey folks,

New to this thread so go easy on me.......

Just thought if you're looking for NBA stats, active players, injuries etc. for each game, nba.com do a fantastic game companion that gives stats on pretty much everything:
    http://www.nba.com/tvc/index.html?gamecode=20110118/CHACHI&brand=NBA

You can access these near the top of nba.com, in the section that shows which games are on that night. By scrolling over any game, you'll get the game companion for that game.

The real detail is in the game notes:
    http://www.nba.com/bobcats/news/notes.pdf
    http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/notes.pdf

Hope it's of some assistance!:)

PP have overs/unders at 191.0 for Heat game.

Bumsex wrote: »
    would be confident Bobcats covering the spread tonight,there +8.
    which is something i will be betting on...
    havent looked at the miami game yet as i want to see pps take on the game before betting with william hill..:pac:

NBA Matches
    Charlotte Bobcats At Chicago Bulls
    2011-01-19 01:05:00
    Handicap Betting
    Charlotte Bobcats (+8.5)

Currently +8.But will wait for in play again.
    The Bulls are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 home games and 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall. The Bobcats on the other hand are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games and 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.

Bobcats have lost three straight and have struggled on the road all season, facing Chicago is not going to be an easy task but it will not be a walkover. On the positive side, the Bobcats defeated the Bulls less than a week ago. Carlos Boozer was in the lineup. Its still uncertain whether he will play tonight,that i one of the main reasons why im holding off but i still think it will be a very close fought game as the Charlotte squad is a tough bunch,which they have shown in recent games despite losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

heat / hawks game started out at over 192.5 on bet365 currently at 173.5 but was as low as 170.5. Going to see if it drops any lower but if it starts to pick up i'm going to jump on before it goes above 175 because this game should pick up now and see the points go on the board (hopefully!). hawks up by 8 so heat have some catching to do

taken over 170.5 @5/6. hopefully the scoring picks up now

miami went 11 shots in a row,missing every 1 of them,which is not heard of..
    they have some of there big names back,even though james is back he isnt playing the best,hopefully he can pick it up along with the rest of the team to win this currently 12 down with a minute into the 2nd q.
    4 from 20 by miami,surely they will improve.:o

100 on miami plus +2.5 points

jive wrote: »
    taken over 170.5 @5/6. hopefully the scoring picks up now

was looking and that and was aware of the situation as well.over 169.5 atm.it should pick up like im hoping it will for my bet,i think it will and your bet looks nice...i havent decided will i go with it yet though.
    gud luck

was looking and that and was aware of the situation as well.over 169.5 atm.it should pick up like im hoping it will for my bet,i think it will and your bet looks nice...i havent decided will i go with it yet though.
    gud luck

you too ;) still floatin around the 170 mark anyway, i love when you place a bet on the overs and then it just rockets back up to the 180s after a few quick scores hahah. fingers crossed. miami should bounce back tonight, only bosh missing really. wade and lebron should do the business

that was a foul if i ever saw one,that lead to a 3 pointer..:o
    down by 13 and are still pretty bad..
    bet taken on the bobcats as well.

13 points run for miami.....:pac:

you have to love that like,hopefully their defense will stay strong now and end their losing streak tonight...

• Advertisement

id say me overs bet is snookered anyway!! hopefully a bit of overtime to save my skin hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

OT it is, that 170 will still be tight though id say the way its gone, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Few nice 3pters there and your laughing with a minute to spare.

miami went 11 shots in a row,missing every 1 of them,which is not heard of..
    they have some of there big names back,even though james is back he isnt playing the best,hopefully he can pick it up along with the rest of the team to win this currently 12 down with a minute into the 2nd q.
    4 from 20 by miami,surely they will improve.:o

100 on miami plus +2.5 points

very unluck again with this bet..
    it went to over time,unfortunately hawks came back strong in the final minutes of the fourth,it looked to be in the bag but unfortunately not..

james is a machine,he scored 15 points in a row for miami in o/t
    NBA Matches
    Charlotte Bobcats At Chicago Bulls
    2011-01-19 01:05:00
    Handicap Betting
    Charlotte Bobcats (+8.5)

Currently +8.But will wait for in play again.
    The Bulls are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 home games and 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall. The Bobcats on the other hand are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games and 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.

Bobcats have lost three straight and have struggled on the road all season, facing Chicago is not going to be an easy task but it will not be a walkover. On the positive side, the Bobcats defeated the Bulls less than a week ago. Carlos Boozer was in the lineup. Its still uncertain whether he will play tonight,that i one of the main reasons why im holding off but i still think it will be a very close fought game as the Charlotte squad is a tough bunch,which they have shown in recent games despite losing.

Wins easily ,,lovely..:P

bobcats win straight up...:D
    needed that after being so unlucky again in the miami game..

very unluck again with this bet..
    it went to over time,unfortunately hawks came back strong in the final minutes of the fourth,it looked to be in the bag but unfortunately not..

james is a machine,he scored 15 points in a row for miami in o/t

Wins easily ,,lovely..:P

bobcats win straight up...:D
    needed that after being so unlucky again in the miami game..

you sure you didnt win the miami bet lad? you had +2.5 or w/e it was so at the end of the 4th id say your bet is a winner no?

you sure you didnt win the miami bet lad? you had +2.5 or w/e it was so at the end of the 4th id say your bet is a winner no?

what do you mean by that.

i havent even checked my account,but just did there and its still pending.

i cudnt remember what the handicap but i knew it was plus, so +2.5 or whatever (like +1.5, +3.5) :P w/e = whatever.

i'd say you'll still win it because if you had +2.5 then at the end of the 4th quarter the game would have been over given that you had a +2.5 advantage. i could be wrong... but i hope im right:D

i cudnt remember what the handicap but i knew it was plus, so +2.5 or whatever (like +1.5, +3.5) :P w/e = whatever.

i'd say you'll still win it because if you had +2.5 then at the end of the 4th quarter the game would have been over given that you had a +2.5 advantage. i could be wrong... but i hope im right:D

ya well bet was placed with william hill so will see what they do,
    there very slow in regards to settling in play bets,thats the only downfall i have with them tbh..

• Advertisement

as i thought overtime counts,i hate when the teams foul with 3 seconds on the clock,as if there going to win like ffs..all it does is just gives them 2 free throws which makes my bet a loser..:rolleyes:

Advertisement