Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway West General Election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

eagle I would advise that you educate yourself on the "social housing" situation at the minute - by your post above you seem to think that the only people on this list are people who sit on their backsides all day every day - the reality of it will surprise you. Its obvious you don't know a thing about the housing situation with your post above. same goes for the following posts after your own.

Could you give me a synopsis?
    Please feel free to educate me.
    The way I see it is feck all people on the housing list really need to be on it, people that have the means to home themselves.

People that I work with that earn much more money than me that are funancially far more well off then me have the hand out.

A lot of people housed under these schemes seem to have plenty of money to be in the bookies and pub everyday with brand new tracksuits and runners, my good shoes have holes in them but I still manage to pay my own way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Where do i go in town to check that i am registered to vote. I am from the county.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Where do i go in town to check that i am registered to vote. I am from the county.
    http://www.checktheregister.ie/

Robbo wrote: »

Thanks, doesnt work for me though. I was registered to vote before but want to make sure that i am registered

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What do you mean 'It does'nt work for me?'

Phone up the relevant section in the county council and ask if you are on the register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

snubbleste wrote: »
    What do you mean 'It does'nt work for me?'

Phone up the relevant section in the county council and ask if you are on the register.

It does not list every townland. I know that I am registered and I can't find myself on there.

Pretty certain that if you were on the register that you won't have been deregistered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

yeehaw wrote: »
    It does not list every townland. I know that I am registered and I can't find myself on there.
    Pretty certain that if you were on the register that you won't have been deregistered.

Not true, an enumerator might have called to your house and left a note and asked you to respond. Failure to respond could mean you would be removed form the current register.
    Isn't Drum in the county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

eagle10 wrote: »
    Could you give me a synopsis?
    Please feel free to educate me.
    The way I see it is feck all people on the housing list really need to be on it, people that have the means to home themselves.

People that I work with that earn much more money than me that are funancially far more well off then me have the hand out.

A lot of people housed under these schemes seem to have plenty of money to be in the bookies and pub everyday with brand new tracksuits and runners, my good shoes have holes in them but I still manage to pay my own way.

I think if you are going to spout out the above nonsense about the housing, you should in fact first look into what the situation is, how it is run, who is on it, what the policies are - posting the nonsense above does nothing but show you up as somebody listening to somebody's elses drivel who is too lazy to check out the facts. The problem is that people THINK they know about various issues, and can talk about them, when in fact the actual facts of the issue are completely different.

I suggest you start educating yourself on this issue - I'm too busy to do it for you.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Not true, an enumerator might have called to your house and left a note and asked you to respond. Failure to respond could mean you would be removed form the current register.
    Isn't Drum in the county?

Thanks for the reminder. now that i think about it something did come in the post that i didnt respond it. I was probably taken off the list for voting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There will be a special late entry register called the "Supplementary Register " and that will be open from now until around the 20th of Februrary. Go down to county buildings, first floor, with ID and they will put you on it.

Don't know what the City does!

• Advertisement

Have the form already. cheers. will do that asap. and will get others to do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

yeehaw wrote: »

Try different spellings. I had the same problem until I tried the Irish spelling of my townland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    GOOD NEWS. Derek Nolan or one of his handlers read Boards :D

We discussed the candidates who oppose the Galway Bypass last week in this thread and one of the Bypass opponents was Derek Nolan .......but then either Nolan or one of his handlers must have read this thread :)

It may just be that the handler ( or Nolan) wants to differntiate their candidate from the Connolly sisters who are virulently anti bypass.

Maybe Derek lost half a days canvassing and copped himself on.

Anyway this is what I said about him in this thread last week.

Much to meh surprise, or maybe not, today I sees this letter in the Galway Independent today, from none other than Derek Nolan. :D

Derek is not promising it will be in a labour programme for government, unlike Noel Grealish who got the Claregalway Bypass past the greens into the 2007 programme for government. But this is a promising change of direction for Derek, whatever about some of his labour colleagues.

It is also a useless promise until Gilmore guarantees that Labour will put it into their national manifesto and into programme for government....both.
    With a history of knee jerk short term opposition behind the Galway Labour party Derek has to go over and beyond in this case to ensure that he is in any way credible on the Galway Bypass....even if todays letter to the Galway Independent was the beginning of a sensible u-turn.

AFAIK, Labour's policy wasn't that the bypass was bad, but that it lacked the funding to go forward, especially as the proposed route would require paying inflated prices. Now that the issue is one of national importance rather than a city council issue, there is a chance to get it brought in.
    While I would like to see the bypass go ahead, it seemed to be a diversionary tactic, alongside the Airshow.

AFAIK, Labour's policy wasn't that the bypass was bad, but that it lacked the funding to go forward, especially as the proposed route would require paying inflated prices.
    I don't agree, there was a battle between certain Labourites and Greens as to who could make the most metrosexual noises to pick up the sizeable vote that bobbles between greens and labourites. Constant waffle about bicyeles and public transport in a city with no road space absent the bypass was the outcome. :(

As for funding, the greatest risk is that Labour will refuse to fund it and will spend the same money ( or more) on some utterly non productive frivolity or other like a pointless make work social scheme or Fás type scamola.

Given the constant and grindingly hideous City traffic and how cut off all of Conamara is from the rest of the country as a consequence I would point out that anybody voting for Connolly or giving her a decent preference out there needs their heads examined...preferably with something of a durable nature :)

Nolan is only starting on the path to enlightenment, that conditional if not outright mealy mouthed letter to the Galway Independent needs extensive clarification before I ever believe he has the interests both of the City and of Conamara at heart.

I don't agree, there was a battle between certain Labourites and Greens as to who could make the most metrosexual noises to pick up the sizeable vote that bobbles between greens and labourites. Constant waffle about bicyeles and public transport in a city with no road space absent the bypass was the outcome. :(

As for funding, the greatest risk is that Labour will refuse to fund it and will spend the same money ( or more) on some utterly non productive frivolity or other like a pointless make work social scheme or Fás type scamola.

Given the constant and grindingly hideous City traffic and how cut off all of Conamara is from the rest of the country as a consequence I would point out that anybody voting for Connolly or giving her a decent preference out there needs their heads examined...preferably with something of a durable nature :)

Nolan is only starting on the path to enlightenment, that conditional if not outright mealy mouthed letter to the Galway Independent needs extensive clarification before I ever believe he has the interests both of the City and of Conamara at heart.
    Source? Your link doesn't have Nolan saying that the bypass was bad in itself, he was saying that the funding wasn't there so there were more immediate solutions that could be pursued. Which is something I agree with. Now that there is a general election on, there is the chance to actually get the By-pass brought forward. Focussing on a pie-in-the-sky idea (as it was in 2009) utterly detracts from achievable policies which should have gotten more focus. It was used as a stick by more vacuous candidates to beat Labour while avoiding more realistic issues.

Also, your comments about 'metrosexual noises' is condescending and silly.

I think if you are going to spout out the above nonsense about the housing, you should in fact first look into what the situation is, how it is run, who is on it, what the policies are - posting the nonsense above does nothing but show you up as somebody listening to somebody's elses drivel who is too lazy to check out the facts. The problem is that people THINK they know about various issues, and can talk about them, when in fact the actual facts of the issue are completely different.

I suggest you start educating yourself on this issue - I'm too busy to do it for you.

Nonsense, What nonsense all fact and I have witnessed it!

I don’t think I know about it, however I can say what I see, this is not fabrication.

Can you tell me why someone earning €30k per year ends up in a council house?
    Can you tell me why people I work with that earn more than me that have no overheads e.g. car etc and are very thrifty that a a nearly non existent day to day spending get a council house?

Can you tell me how these people can be in the pub all day, Bookies, smoking, Holidays.

Always have the new and best sports gear on?

ALL FACT!!!!!!

Now there are a lot of genuine cases but more than half should not be “given” houses!
    There is a need for social houses but it is abused!

What are the various Issues?????????????
    Would a much tougher means test be one?

It sickens me this country everything is just handed out!
    If you want something work for it and buy it why should anyone get free anything.

Why should the tax payer carry the burden for another 5000 council homes in Galway alone, nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m paying enough I pay my own way and other people some who genuinely cant and more that cant be bothered and never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is Niall McNellis running? Just saw him on Quay St getting photos taken of him while being on the phone. To make him look like a man of importance I suppose.

kraggy wrote: »
    Is Niall McNellis running? Just saw him on Quay St getting photos taken of him while being on the phone. To make him look like a man of importance I suppose.

Unless he's running as an independant candidate, then no.
    FF, FG, Labour and SF have all chosen their candidates by this stage.

Source? Your link doesn't have Nolan saying that the bypass was bad in itself, he was saying that the funding wasn't there so there were more immediate solutions that could be pursued. Which is something I agree with. Now that there is a general election on, there is the chance to actually get the By-pass brought forward. Focussing on a pie-in-the-sky idea (as it was in 2009) utterly detracts from achievable policies which should have gotten more focus. It was used as a stick by more vacuous candidates to beat Labour while avoiding more realistic issues.

Also, your comments about 'metrosexual noises' is condescending and silly.

My comments about a metrosexual vote are quite fair in fact, ignoring it will lose someone a seat!!!

Well Nolan has gone and hung himself in the Advertiser today, he has basically listed each and every transport policy you can imagine, equally.

Rank populism is what I call this. If the Bypass is unfundable where the hell is the money for Gluas coming from ??? Not that we have space for it. :(

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/35413

(my bits in () )

The Labour Party has always campaigned for integrated regional public transport as the core element of Galway’s transport strategy. To that end we have campaigned vigorously for the following,
    • The protection of Ceannt Station for use as a regional transport hub, ( who 'unprotected' it ??? why cant we have a long haul express bus hub near Oranmore and shuttles out to there from Ceannt)

• The provision of a modern bus network for both city and county including bus lanes, school bus schemes and park and ride, (emmm we sort of have all that already dont we bar some park and ride areas )

• Increased use of the rail link from Athenry and Oranmore to incorporate double tracking, ( at a cost of €180m according to Iarnrod Eireann themselves )

• The provision of safe access and quality facilites for pedestrians and cyclists,( who campaigns against that perchance)

• A fairer, better taxi service,(fair to whom, it is no problem getting a taxi today ..not like years ago)

• Support to develop Gluas.( cost c.€200m)

Bless Derek, he left nothing out bar telling us the priorities and the sequencing...and why of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

If the Bypass is unfundable where the hell is the money for Gluas coming from ??? Not that we have space for it. :(

Err...
    The Outer Bypass therefore has become central and will form part of Labour’s transport plan for Galway.

Nothing about it being unfundable there, he's just stated exactly what you were calling for the other day, it seems.

I guess you really are pulling the strings SB...

• Advertisement

Nothing about it being unfundable there, he's just stated exactly what you were calling for the other day, it seems.

I guess you really are pulling the strings SB...

He is getting there..as in fine tuning his manifeshto by the day Popey. :cool:

Now if he would just say that every long term transport plan for Galway City involves ruthlessly removing traffic from it ....meaning the bypass is item 1 above all other items ....I will start to consider that Derek has completed his necessary adjustment to reality. I suppose a letter to the Sentinel may be expected on Tuesday.

Oh and seeing as the Galway Labour manifeshto is being fine tuned by reference to the content of this thread I shortly expect him to come out strongly in favour of reopening Cuba with a right rawshus night of banging choons...Jeff Mills would be my preferred choice or Billy Nasty, get on the blower there Derek willya :)

My comments about a metrosexual vote are quite fair in fact, ignoring it will lose someone a seat!!!
    Grand, you're using 'metrosexual' as a fashion that cannot be construed in any way except an insult. I suppose it's fair if you feel the need to throw around insult (however childish and petulant it is). However, I don't, so I see it as anything but 'fair.
    Rank populism is what I call this. If the Bypass is unfundable where the hell is the money for Gluas coming from ??? Not that we have space for it.
    It was certainly unfundable in 2009 with the austerity measures being brought in, especially as it involved *Local* elections.
    A Labour and Fine Gael government (the most likely coalition partners) are more amenable to public works projects as they recognize the need for infrastructure building, both to stimulate the economy and to enhance future economic growth.
    Well Nolan has gone and hung himself in the Advertiser today, he has basically listed each and every transport policy you can imagine, equally.
    [words]

Dealt with below. (although he listed out a list of policies, no idea where you're getting the 'equally' part from. Especially as you feel the need to underline it.
    • The protection of Ceannt Station for use as a regional transport hub, ( who 'unprotected' it ??? why cant we have a long haul express bus hub near Oranmore and shuttles out to there from Ceannt)
    When dealing with a nation as centralised as Ireland, it's silly to assume that merely as something isn't directly on the radar that everything is hunky-dory ; the breast cancer centre closures in Donegal being a good example.
    Yes, we could create a new long haul express bus hub near Oranmore. Or build on the existing Ceannt station which would require much less work.
    • The provision of a modern bus network for both city and county including bus lanes, school bus schemes and park and ride, (emmm we sort of have all that already dont we bar some park and ride areas )
    No we don't. The bus service out to Knocknacarra (an area with over 20k inhabitants) is woeful. Even worse for going out to Barna.
    Utterly baffled as to where you're pulling the school bus schemes from, the lack of them gives us incredible gridlock near the schools, especially along the Fr. Griffen road.

• The provision of safe access and quality facilites for pedestrians and cyclists,( who campaigns against that perchance)
    You don't see enough campaigning for it either. I'm a cyclist myself and aside from the cycle paths along the road network near Rahoon (Clybaun Road, Cappagh Road etc) there's woeful cycle provisions in Galway city.
    • A fairer, better taxi service,(fair to whom, it is no problem getting a taxi today ..not like years ago)
    The taxi industry in Galway has it's own problems, (the recent racism controversy for example) as well as being utterly over-supplied.
    • Support to develop Gluas.( cost c.€200m)
    And something which could go a long way towards bettering the traffic shambles that is Knocknacarra.

Keep in mind that these are things to campaign for; noone with any realistic views will expect these all to be achieved or implemented. Campaigning for enough of them will mean at least some of them have a chance of being implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

I passed Frank Fahey near the Dáil tonight and he looked in a mighty hurry to get back to Galway to start his campaign for re-election.

Grand, you're using 'metrosexual' as a fashion that cannot be construed in any way except an insult.
    LOL :D There is a third of a quota in Galway that Derek is not getting through to so :D:D

I'll give you a hint Kicks, they could see themselves voting for someone who does no constituency work at all and who writes dodgy poetry.

These people appreciate cachet latté and that je ne sais quoi over grafting but aesthetically unappealing types :) But it has been covered elsewher ein this thread and no matter if Derek does not want their vote.
    It (bypass) was certainly unfundable in 2009 with the austerity measures being brought in, especially as it involved *Local* elections.
    We were building around 300km of motorway in 2009 , it probably could not have been fitted in. It should have been built years ago so 2009 is an irrelevance of a date really. It is still 4 or 5 years away..the lifetime of the next government...and things going well.
    A Labour and Fine Gael government (the most likely coalition partners) are more amenable to public works projects as they recognize the need for infrastructure building, both to stimulate the economy and to enhance future economic growth.
    Thank you for the boilerplate party political statement and do make sure Derek is well coached on the doorstep...and certainly better than yer wan from Galway East was on VB last night :D
    Dealt with below. (although he listed out a list of policies, no idea where you're getting the 'equally' part from. Especially as you feel the need to underline it.
    It was a list, not an order of priorities , hence equal.
    No we don't. The bus service out to Knocknacarra (an area with over 20k inhabitants) is woeful. Even worse for going out to Barna.
    That is because the shaggin things spend most of their time in gridlock and because there is nowhere USEFUL to put a bus lane ...the Seamus Quirke widening is a €10m spend on 2 bus lanes to nowhere from nowhere.
    Utterly baffled as to where you're pulling the school bus schemes from, the lack of them gives us incredible gridlock near the schools, especially along the Fr. Griffen road.
    Nobody is entitled to a school bus unless they live 3 miles+ from the schoools. Knocknacarra kids got to make their own way or take a commercial bus to school.
    Keep in mind that these are things to campaign for; noone with any realistic views will expect these all to be achieved or implemented. Campaigning for enough of them will mean at least some of them have a chance of being implemented.
    But he needs to identify an intelligent sequence and communicate why, he published the best part of a €1bn spending list just for Galway and probably thinks nobody will laugh at him.
    The priority for all of cyclists and peds and buses and bus eireann is get the cars out of Galway, the Bypass should therefore be the first item on that list and the first priority before all the others.
    Keep working on that fella kicks, I look forward to the next iteration from Derek in the Sentinel next week.

I don’t think I know about it, however I can say what I see, this is not fabrication.

Can you tell me why people I work with that earn more than me that have no overheads e.g. car etc and are very thrifty that a a nearly non existent day to day spending get a council house?

Can you tell me how these people can be in the pub all day, Bookies, smoking, Holidays.

ALL FACT!!!!!!

Now there are a lot of genuine cases but more than half should not be “given” houses!

If you want something work for it and buy it why should anyone get free anything.

Why should the tax payer carry the burden for another 5000 council homes in Galway alone, nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m paying enough I pay my own way and other people some who genuinely cant and more that cant be bothered and never will.

no need to shout eagle. typing in regular post will suffice.

again, what you "perceive" to be "what you see" is only your "opinion" on what you see. I suggest you find out the policies that are in place before you say you know what you are talking about. Its obvious you don't/

LOL :D There is a third of a quota in Galway that Derek is not getting through to so :D:D

I'll give you a hint Kicks, they could see themselves voting for someone who does no constituency work at all and who writes dodgy poetry.

These people appreciate cachet latté and that je ne sais quoi over grafting but aesthetically unappealing types :) But it has been covered elsewher ein this thread and no matter if Derek does not want their vote.
    Honestly mate, this is like freakishly similar to the rubbish posted by a Tea Party blogger I once saw.

"Damn liberals with their lattés and intellectualism."
    Etc.

Stereotyping opponents/groups is a long-standing dirty tactic by those unable to adequately say why they are against something. If you feel forced to resort to it, then it says a lot about your confidence in your own arguments.
    We were building around 300km of motorway in 2009 , it probably could not have been fitted in. It should have been built years ago so 2009 is an irrelevance of a date really. It is still 4 or 5 years away..the lifetime of the next government...and things going well.
    194km of motorway opened in 2009 came from the M6. Linking Dublin to Galway by motorway is much more crucial than a bypass, however important the bypass is
    Given that the by-pass will cost around €17million to build, there's a few other factors to weigh in.
    Thank you for the boilerplate party political statement and do make sure Derek is well coached on the doorstep...and certainly better than yer wan from Galway East was on VB last night :D
    No my friend, that's not a 'boilerplate party political statement'; it's seeing the wood from the trees. FG and Labour both see the need for investment to strengthen regional employment (getting more cash by boosting aggregate demand) while further improving local infrastructure. The likes of a bypass or a Gluas are a good example.

It was a list, not an order of priorities , hence equal.
    I'm fairly baffled as to where this is coming from.
    I could write out a list of human rights abuses taking place around the world. Unless I specifically say that they are in descending order, you'd assume I was saying that torture is equal to inadequate housing?
    That is because the shaggin things spend most of their time in gridlock and because there is nowhere USEFUL to put a bus lane ...the Seamus Quirke widening is a €10m spend on 2 bus lanes to nowhere from nowhere.
    You're missing the elephant in the room here; the reason the buses spend most of their time in gridlock is because the woeful public transport system incentivises cars to be used more, making the gridlock worse. A vicious circle.
    An entirely new bus lane doesn't need to be built for more buses to be used; they are fully able to use normal roads as well. However, the SQ road has it's uses, given how backed up it gets along Westside (I used to attend the boxing club there, place was an utter grackler at rush hour), being able to get a bus lane that avoids the gridlock of commuters returning to Knocknacarra will be much appreciated.
    Nobody is entitled to a school bus unless they live 3 miles+ from the schoools. Knocknacarra kids got to make their own way or take a commercial bus to school.
    The Knocknacarra bus service is woefully inadequate so it's fairly disingenuous to tell these kids to take a 'commercial bus to school'? With such poor provisions, it's no wonder that so many parents feel the need to drive their kids, making the western part of the city an utter gridlock, especially given that it has the likes of St Endas, Salerno, Taylor's Hill and so on.
    Encouraging kids to cycle to school is another option, but you didn't respond to my comment on the state of cycle paths in Galway so I'm unsure as to how you feel about that area.
    But he needs to identify an intelligent sequence and communicate why, he published the best part of a €1bn spending list just for Galway and probably thinks nobody will laugh at him.
    The priority for all of cyclists and peds and buses and bus eireann is get the cars out of Galway, the Bypass should therefore be the first item on that list and the first priority before all the others.
    Once again, those are all policies to aim for. I really doubt there are many people who seriously think all of these can be achieved, even getting a few of the more important policies likes a Gluas, bus lanes or the bypass would really help in alleviating the gridlock.
    However, as important as the bypass is, it's not the be-all-end-all. I can't comment on the east side of the city but there are more than enough problems with the commuters going through Knocknacarra. While the bypass would ease congestion it would need to be done in conjunction with other methods to loosen the gridlock in the likes of SQ Road and Kingston Road.
    Keep working on that fella kicks, I look forward to the next iteration from Derek in the Sentinel next week.
    You seem to be taking this all very personally. That you feel the need to resort to sneering and stereotypes makes me wonder why this is such an emotive issue for you.
    I'm doing my best to debate with you but unless you are capable of discussing this like an adult, I fail to see much point in doing so.

Lockstep wrote: »
    Honestly mate, this is like freakishly similar to the rubbish posted by a Tea Party blogger I once saw.
    "Damn liberals with their lattés and intellectualism."
    LOL, love the new username since last night Kicks. It has a certain teutonic solidity to it.

But trying to damn me with tea party analogies ain't gonna work, sorry. Nice try though.

I was only commenting on the fact that a voter cohort exists in Galway and that 'appealing' to this voter cohort is a rather complex task...one that seems to me to be beyond the ken of the modern Labour Party anyway. :D
    You're missing the elephant in the room here; the reason the buses spend most of their time in gridlock is because the woeful public transport system incentivises cars to be used more, making the gridlock worse. A vicious circle.

I am missing nothing bar in that that I have explained how the circle can be broken...unlike Derek did ...or indeed you.

The only way to improve traffic in Galway is to take it out. We have a network of boreens around a Medieval centre. We need to ruthlessly de-car the centre in order to improve multimodal outcomes. Then we can work on building the future transport networks we need.

Therefore everything starts with and follows on from a bypass, end of.

The idea that one can dig up Galway to put a Gluas tram network in, absent a bypass to free the roadspace up for the tram network, is utterly risible.

Other than that I'll just wait for his next letter like I said I would ......if you don't mind awfully. I am sure one will be along shortly. :cool:

TTFN

SB

ALL FACT!!!!!!

I would also ask you to read back your posts to see if they make sense before you post them, i.e. how can somebody be working making 30,000 per year and yet be all day in a pub or bookies, - please explain - which way do you want to be upset about - the workers on social housing (in which case your arguement about getting handouts is redundant) or the non workers on social housing (in which case your arguement about people working and making 30,000 is redundant) ? :D:D

again, it pays to actually know what you are talking about before stating things as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Am I missing something? Did Nolan not state in that letter that the bypass was a central part of Labour policy? In fact wasn't it the *only* proposal that was given this privileged position? Doesn't that elevate it above all other proposals? Isn't that exactly what you want?

*confused*

• Advertisement

I would also ask you to read back your posts to see if they make sense before you post them, i.e. how can somebody be working making 30,000 per year and yet be all day in a pub or bookies, - please explain - which way do you want to be upset about - the workers on social housing (in which case your arguement about getting handouts is redundant) or the non workers on social housing (in which case your arguement about people working and making 30,000 is redundant) ? :D:D

again, it pays to actually know what you are talking about before stating things as fact.

You have not read the posts correctly.

People that work earning €30k a year get a house why? Sureley the have the means to put a roof over their own head.

People that do nothing but waste around pubs and bookies all day get a house. These people I'm sure do not have the means to put a roof over their own head however they have money for these other lets call them luxeries, but did it ever cross their mind to pay for their own accomidation? I doubt it why would they bother when they are quite happy for someone like me to be paying their way.

The system is abused Fact.
    My posts are Fact.

I dont know the policies I dont claim to know the policies, but I do know what I see and I hate it and you dont dare tell me it's not true because it is.

Social housing should be for people who genuinley can not provide themselves with a safe living envoirment, not for people looking for the easy way out, which many do FACT do not tell me otherwise.

Advertisement