Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lying Game - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

tomissex wrote: »
    Flashbacks? They couldn't just change what Annie looks like...

New SPOILERS clarifies the Annie thing a bit, also explains the end of the mid season finale :)
    1-11 "Oh Twin, Where Art Thou" Monday, January 2, 2012 at 9 PM

Charisma Carpenter joins the show as Char's aunt Rebecca "Annie" Sewell, who is NOT the same Annie we've already met. Rebecca Sewell returns to town after having been gone for years. Ted is shocked to see her, as she knows some of his and Alec's secrets.

Rebecca and Alec conspire to deal with Phyllis, whose drinking problem becomes worse than ever.

Dan is worried about how "Sutton" is affecting Ethan.

The police uncover the car from the lake, but what will they find inside?

1-12 "When We Dead Awaken" January 9

Randy Taylor (Drew Waters), a tennis scout, comes to check out "Sutton" but is Emma interested in pursuing that?

Meanwhile, Kristin discovers that Ted has been lying about something from his past.

1-13 "Pleased to Meet Me" January 16

Kristin and Rebecca throw a party together; it's a silent auction. At the party, Rebecca encourages Laurel to sing. Alec asks Rebecca to dance.

We'll meet Ryan, who returns to school at Arroyo after being kicked out of boarding school. He's interested in Mads, and Emma encourages the relationship, despite Mads' doubts.

Scoopage:
    Jessi_RS: Any scoop on The Lying Game's Ethan and Emma? Thanks.
    From what we're hearing, Ethan (Blair Redford) and Emma (Alexandra Chando) will be going strong when the ABC Family show returns, much to her (or, you know, Sutton's) father Ted's (Andy Buckley) dismay. In fact, the couple is going so strong, there's a moment so cute in episode 13 that might just melt fans' hearts. Also, the show is currently casting a love interest, named Ryan, for Mads (Alice Greczyn).

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_scoop_on_glee_american/276348#ixzz1eSER5AwJ

The Lying Game | Speaking with series star Alexandra Chando at ABC Family’s Winter Wonderland party, I was sure to ask for the 411 on Char’s aunt, Annie Sewell, to be played by Buffyverse alum Charisma Carpenter. “She comes on as a foxy lady and stirs up some trouble,” Chando teased. “She definitely has a past with Alec (Adrian Pasdar) and Ted (Andy Buckley), and that’s revealed as soon as she sees both of them.” I then shared my take that the resemblance between Carpenter and Chando should not go unnoticed on the show. In fact, could this Annie be Emma and Sutton’s real mom? “I don’t know, maybe…,” Chando shrugged. “She very well could be!” (Lying Game returns Jan. 2.)

^ :confused:

UK channel, 5* has picked up The Lying Game: http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a355184/5-picks-up-uk-rights-to-the-lying-game-gilmore-girls.html

5* also confirmed that it has picked up the rights to classic series Gilmore Girls, which focuses on the relationship between mother and daughter Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel).

The show is expected to air on 5* during the daytime.

Channel 5's head of acquisitions Paul Fagan said: "With its mix of drama, intrigue and scandal, The Lying Game fits perfectly with 5*'s ethos. Along with the acquisition of Gilmore Girls we are extremely pleased that we can add both these shows to 5*'s strong lineup for 2012."

• Advertisement

show returns for fresh eps. tonight!

"keep being Sutton...or you're next" :eek: .... :D best part of the ep. was the end, Thayer thinking Ethan offed real Sutton, most pathetic lie ever from Ethan and Emma re; the car in the lake...jesus, that was some bad writing there from Chuck Pratt :rolleyes:

Overall not much happened or was added, Rebecca aka Annie Sewell....hasn't added much has she?, way too soft, i was really hoping she was here to stir it up with Ted and Alec but she just wants to leave the past behind, so she says ;)

Not a bad ep. though, just very thin on moving the plot forward at all, which was an issue with the final three eps. from the last batch of 10, me thinks the writers will slow things down now as perhaps they don't have enough plot ideas to make it juicy each week.

But tis nice to have it back fairly quickly after the last run :)

Awesome twist/shocker end on Monday!.....Sutton turns up at casa Mercer just as Emma/Thayer and Ethan were holding a wake for her......lol!

That Derek dude, i bet he was in the backseat of the car Sutton was driving!....see his react when he saw "Sutton" at school?....well shifty that guy, as for Annie 2...i love seeing her make Ted squirm!

Justin....more and more i think Ted had a car accident, killed his mother and Alec covered it up/got him off. Is it me or has TLG become alot more like PLL?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Emma you crazy fool!!!

Doing a monster catchup at the moment!....watching ep. 14-17 and i'll watch ep. 18 tonight after it airs....fully caught up then!

Derek = dead :eek:

Ethan = wanted for the murder :eek:

Annie Hobbs = not the twins mom! :eek:

Rebecca Sewel....hmmm, she said something that implied SHE is the twins real mother!

Ep. 14/15 were really good, can't wait to see 16/17 and later on 18 when it airs, based on ratings to date....and i've kept a close eye on things, it's almost certain TLG will get a second season :D

Oh Richard you're in for a treat! Can't wait for you to understand my post above!

tomissex wrote: »
    Oh Richard you're in for a treat! Can't wait for you to understand my post above!

Emma told Mads!!...... :D
    LOL!....she took it well as well, she now part of the scoobie gang tryna figure it all out. Tis good Mads now knows as she's a more developed character then Char....who btw has disappeared :confused:

Is Kristen Prout doing something else?, sick?....or just as useless character and they gave her wages over to Charisma Carpenter? :p

No great loss, shallow and hollow character, might be a great plot/shocker if Char got murdered by seasons end......;)

Agh Sutton I hate you!! Loved her playing Emma though, very Katherine/Elena :p

Episode 18 was brilliant!...best episode of the series for me, tons happened...lets recap :p

It seems very obvious now [or the producers want us to think] that Rebecca is the twins real birth mother, Rebecca said alot of stuff that hinted at this.
    When Ethan got the charges dismissed she said: sometimes an [pauses] older [insert - mother] person knows best!

Then she said beforehand....wait long enough and your day will come, it's obvious she's out for revenge against Alec and Ted + i think she was following Alec and that's how she had the pic of him with the tire iron and Derek etc.

She knows Annie Hobbs, she keeps dropping little hints like Ted and him leaving LA etc.

But Sutton....:eek: wow!, she really is the ultimate mean girl...brilliant stuf though her playing at Emma + dropping those cheating bombs on both Ethan and Emma, sly....slick, well played Sutton, well played.

I LOVE Laurel and Baz....adorable and cute together, hated Justin.....but, i suspect very soon Justin will go all stalker/psycho killer crazy on Laurel....that'll add and nice subplot to the show ;)

It looked great as well, tons of extras...spending a few quid on this show ABCF are, in fact it reminded me the most of PLL with the notes and phone pictures.

I think the last 5 eps. have been great and overall the 2A season has been excellent, they've really ramped up the quality of the writing and introduced alot of plotlines to keep the show ticking over.

Sure they sorta sidetracked the main arc but still not boring to watch...one thing i would say is i would have stretched the Ethan murder plot out longer, least a couple more eps. I still expect Char to the killed by seasons end :-)

4/5

Emma slapped Suton! :eek: :D ...gave her a right whap! as well!! :D
    Well overdue imo, in fact....her ass needs a beatdown! :mad:
    How Emma didn't lay into her after Ethan and her found out her lies is beyond me!

Few revelations, finally found out how/why Alec has Dan as his poodle...was hoping for a more juicy reason tbh, :rolleyes: - still him and sexy lawyer seem to be teaming up top take Alec down.

I also 100% expected the locket picture to be of Ted, correct again Richard! :p - i'm too well tuned in to teen soaps :o , um....Alec and Rebecca headed for the altar :confused:

Phase 2 of her plan me thinks, pretty obvious now what happened, that drunken weekend away with Ted and Alec in Santa Fe or wherever....they met Rebecca, Rebecca was raped by Ted. Him and Alec covered it up....she got preggers, they then either stole or persuaded her to give the twins up.

Sutton went to Ted etc.

Despite her evilness i love Sutton!, her snark and bitchy ways makes for great tv, three eps. left!

Season 1 finale tonight!!...big reveals, hugh cliffhanger!!....can't wait!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Oh my god Sutton :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

What an ending!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Here's hoping it's back for a 2nd season... :eek:

HOLY CRAP!.....i NEVER suspected or expected that shocker end!!!!!!! :eek:

Sutton knew all along who her mother was + is working with Rebecca!!!!!! :eek:
    So i guess this confirms the theories -->> Ted is the twins dad, my guess is still that Rebecca was raped by Ted at the boozy weekend + forced to give up the babies for adoption, Ted took Sutton and Emma was sold to the other couple.

So it's one big huge revenge plot by Rebecca and Sutton all along! :eek::eek::eek:

I knew Rebecca had planted the tire iron in the house + i suspect Rebecca killed Derek. Tbh that was a twist i never would have guessed, fair dues!!!!!!

Giving it a 4/5 for the ending alone! :eek:

I'm not the only one who didn't see that end: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3207439&st=765

Did any of you??

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Extremely surprised by that ending. The idea that Sutton was in on it the whole time never even crossed my mind. I thought the episode had ended when the credits popped up and I wont lie it felt kind of anti-climactic until they dropped that bomb on us. Wowsa. Fingers crossed for a season 2 so we can see how this thing pans out.

Pretty sure Teds the Dad but theres gotta be something more to it than that. Rape sounds like a runner.

We may wait and see

No surprise, but Deadline are reporting season 2 is a lock: http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/abc-family-nears-renewal-of-lying-game/

No real shocker but ABCF put out a press releaze today confirming season 2. :)
    p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Only getting around to posting now but towards the end of the series, I was finding it a real chore to watch the show but yet I felt compelled to:o I just think the Emma/Sutton actress is such a rubbish actress and the rest of the cast aren't much good either:pac: However something kept me watching each week and I suppose that I'll give the next series a chance too.

• Advertisement

Allie Gonino just tweeted that Season 2 will air in January 2013! :eek:

Advertisement