Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lying Game - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just watched Episode 4 there, big improvement! I'm beginning to warm to the characters and I'm loving to hate Alec, he's just so creepy! Def going to stick it out I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Episode 5...omg! Ted and Alec knew Annie in school! So is one of them the father??
    Ethan and Emma...squeeee!:D
    What was up with Justin's shifty face when he was hugging Laurel? Very intrigued by that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

tomissex wrote: »
    Episode 5...omg! Ted and Alec knew Annie in school! So is one of them the father??
    Ethan and Emma...squeeee!:D
    What was up with Justin's shifty face when he was hugging Laurel? Very intrigued by that!

Just seen ep. 5 there....excellent!, best one yet....the show is certainly getting better with each ep.!, have to +1 your squeeee!, :D - man that was one HOT scene!, major chemistry alert between them...that kiss! :eek:

What i loved though was the gasps from the students, the scandal of it all....kissing Ethan Whitehorse, that would send the gossip mongers alight!
    Yeah it seems Alec or most likely Ted fathered the twins, clearly they did something bad in there high school years and spent the last 17 covering it up.

Alec though is upto alot more, what is up with Laurel's boyfriend??????....is he working for Alec? :eek:
    Loved mads getting outed by Nisha, ballet boy overhearing Alec's convo...he'll be shipped off somewhere i suspect. Also interesting to see Sutton freaked out about Emma taking over her life + Sutton seeing pics pics of Emma kissing Ethan :eek: ;)

Very good ep. - i'm off now to watch ep. 6 - this is fast becoming a gulity pleasure! and the balance between PLL type mystery and the twin switch is becoming rather engaging to watch. FYI...it's been renewed for a further 12 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

ZOMG! That ending! :O

The outburst of "emma" way to let the cat out of the bag!

NEED MORE LYING GAME!

ZOMG! That ending! :O

The outburst of "emma" way to let the cat out of the bag!

NEED MORE LYING GAME!

I was like OMG! :eek: when Ethan let slip Emma's name by accident!.....it was a total open mouth moment!....loved it! :D
    Not much happened per se, pity the Justin thing didn't pan out to be more, he's homeless...meh!, i was hoping Alec had hired him to spy on Sutton through her sis, hell he seems to have everyone else on the payroll! ;)

The Mads/Edwardo thing.....hmmm, did lec have anything to do with his accident? :confused:

Loved the hospital scene with all the gang + Thayer :D ...bam!, ha!...punched out by Ethan, course Thayer knows about Emma/Sutton, tis all bubbling along nicely indeed + that ending!, that was a PLL type A move :p

Will Sutton get banged up in the mental ward?....i'm still lovin' Laurel, i thinks she's a funny character, the actress puts in the efort to emot her face tailored to the scene, Char....she's a bit too shallow as yet, she needs fleshing out more. Pasdar is excellent...he adds tons to the show.

I was worried there would be too much teen drama stuff a little of the mystery element but i think there doing a great job of balancing both, this ep. featured much less of the story arc but the drama outside of this is just as interesting.

While not quite as good as ep. 5 it had some good moments especially "Emma"!

I was unsure about the show at first but it has gotten better with each ep. i'm hooked now! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I hadn't really liked this show but I'm glad I stuck it out because the last episode was really good. Hopefully it will push on from here but I do think it will be hard to last more then one season, as I can't see them dragging out the what happened to their mother story-line any longer then that. Also could they please explain to the viewers what the lying games are!

^ the Annie Hobbs storyline could be a bluff, also by season end they might follow the books
    Sutton gets killed
    ...that would open up a whole new avenue of story.

Oooh that was awesome! Definitely seems to be an underlying something between Ethan and Thayer. His reaction to Emma saying Sutton was staying with him seemed more about the name than the action.
    The ending OMG! Wonder where Sutton's gonna end up!
    I actually gasped when Ethan said "me and Emma"!:p

:eek: creepy Alec watching Emma!

^ looks exciting! :D

:eek: that was such a juicy ep.! :D
    Sutton....woah!, banged up?, off to Vegas to live life as Emma!, then right at the end perv Travis turns up at Sutton's house, finds Emma living the life of her twin!!

^ are you confused yet?........... :p
    So Alec/Ted told Annie that Emma died in the fire, does she know Sutton exists?....or is she just a whackjob?
    All the little secrets and lies almost spilled, lol @ how Char/Mads found out Sutton had slept with thayer, and poor Emma didn't know wtf to say or do!.....are you confused yet? :p

I do wonder if soon Char/Mads will find out about the twin switch because at the pace this show is going they could eat up everything by ep. 10, the little sidestory of Laurel and her V card was kinda fun and sweet, i think Allie Gonino is doing a great job playing Laurel....loved the Gilmore girls name check! ;)

Not much arc progression but all the various dramas going on outside the main arc and how they can explore the main arc without actually progessing it much, they do a god job of fleshing things out without making it boring.

• Advertisement

Ratings, it went up against Gossip Girl and whatever was on network, but it's main competition is GG: The Lying Game 0.4 adults 18-49 rating, 1.064 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/27/monday-cable-monday-night-football-huge-wwe-raw-pawn-stars-american-pickers-more/105028/

^ it did drop a good bit in overall viewers, more then 200,000 down but the demo held steady. The premiere of GG did very badly, a 0.7 and 1.370m viewers.....so it's not like GG pulled away all of TLG audience and was a hit, all things considered it held up reasonably well.

Ooh that was exciting! What the hell does Travis want? Just shoo! :p
    So Annie thinks both her daughters are dead... "he" is definitely Alec right? But letting Annie say that would have been too easy for Sutton.
    Sutton is getting an awfully hard time, stuck in a madhouse and now shipped off to Vegas!
    Really thought Emma was gonna come clean at the pool but I suppose that would be silly with 22 episodes in the season. I wonder how much longer they'll keep it up though!

:confused: - ep. 8 was all wtf?? - again...can someone explain the plot?
    I watched ep. 8 TWICE last night as the plotholes were too much to bare!
    Lets start....how the HELL did Travis know about the twin switch, Emma and her being in Pheonix???

That's a massive plothole!...they never explained it, he just turned up. What is going on with Justin and his box and the pictures?, something fishy!

Here is my take on the Justin thing...i think Justin is Annie's son!....i think he's out for revenge. In this ep. we learned for the first time Annie Hobbs is her married name (i assume) as they said her name was Annie Pool?

The bracelet Justin gave Laurel...did you see Teds reaction and look on his face?...it's like he recognised and knew what it was, i think that bracelet was Annie's!...something Ted gave her back in the day so when he saw it on Laurel alarms bells went off.

Also at the weekend hotel retreat, that drunk guy....saying about that wild party 20 years ago, :eek: - again Ted knew who he was + shut him down by saying he was with his wife etc., clearly Ted and Alec had some wild bender with Annie back in the day.

I'm baffled WHY Alec would post bail for Sutton...it dosen't make sense!!...wth is he upto?, honestly...i think this ep. had plotholes and terrible writing galore!, character actions make zero sense....characters just appear without explanation etc.

Desipte all this it was still very enjoyable, i LOVED drunk Emma! :p , twas funny as hell...calling Ethan "babe" :p , him putting her to bed...more drunk Emma please!

Laurel...the little lying minx!...i belived her, then nah...she had slept with Justin, that ep. was a fair bit rude with the dialogue as well, i get why they had DLSV in this, twas enjoyable but the plotholes and unanswered questions make me an angry panda :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Has anyone seen ep 9? :( Haven't found it online.. anywhere.. :(

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen ep 9? :( Haven't found it online.. anywhere.. :(

It's up on tv-links.eu

EDIT: just tried to open it. Only for America....DAMIT! :(

^ it's just now out....webrip, 720p...itunes rip it looks like, SCENE missed it last night. Death Valley is also on the missing list!!

OMG!...OMG!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

^ Sutton pulls a Katherine!!!!!!! :D

Can't wait for the midseason finale!!!!

Ep. 9 was very :rolleyes: - nothing really happened to further the plot...one juicy bit was Annie calling Char!, but they quickly shut down the juicy potential of that. Twas interesting though Lexi knew right away Sutton wasn't Emma! :eek:

Amazing!....yet not ONE of Sutton's family has copped on that Emma is playing at being Sutton :confused: , Alex confuses the hell out of me, dunno what he is playing at, Ethan has said he'll leave if Emma goes...ok then, Sutton on her way back to Pheonix....not much to report as it was a pretty blah episode!

The finale looks awesome!

However this week was not so good. Not really sure why they gave so much focus to the Laurel story, it was pretty boring and predictable. Seeing Emma's life was interesting but other then that absolutely nothing happened.

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    The finale looks awesome!

However this week was not so good. Not really sure why they gave so much focus to the Laurel story, it was pretty boring and predictable. Seeing Emma's life was interesting but other then that absolutely nothing happened.

Have to +1 ya Bella, but i did note something interestng Emma said to Ethan, namely Alec and Ted seem to be going through an awful lot of trouble to cover up some dodgy adoption, which leads me to belive there is more to it!

You don't commit multiple crimes like arson, kidnapping and sundry other things just because they snatched a baby, or two?

I'm veering toward something really bad happened and maybe Ted and Ethan's brother raped Annie, Alec covered it up....there has to be more to it!

Midseason finale tongght!...think the twin switch might just get revealed to everyone!

I was expecting to get some more questions answered. Not very happy :mad:

Roll on the next episode! When does the new season start? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I was expecting to get some more questions answered. Not very happy :mad:

Roll on the next episode! When does the new season start? :rolleyes:

Yeah when does the season continue? Would love to know who had Sutton in the car.. probably Travis?

Slightly disappointed, I really wanted the twin switch to be revealed. Not much really happened. Be interesting to see what happens with Annie, but I don't see her lasting long and of course what happens to Sutton. Looking forward to finding what's up with Justin.

Not sure when it's back but I'm guessing it won't be back until January at the earliest.

I thought it was excellent! Pretty gripping and quite the cliffhanger to leave it on. I thought it was Annie in the car with Sutton... maybe she jumped out before it hit the water....but why kill her daughter?:confused::P

^ wasn't what i had hoped either, though super b!tch Sutton was great to see!...though for all her stealing my BF talk, um...hello!, you cheated on Ethan with Thayer!!
    It didn't add alot and answered even less, i'm not sure it's Annie who arrived at the birthday party....we never saw her face!

Sutton in the car, hmmm...i'm thinking Ethan's brother or perhaps Travis or Char's beau, no twin reveal, no huge blowout, no catfight or hair pulling...pah!, it wasn't much of a finale. I think since ep. 7 they've really slowed the pace down, perhaps because they got that back 12 order and can't eat up plot.

Whatever happens i *hope* they plan for a proper finale and answers if it dosen't get a second season, it returns January 2012, promo after the show....also returning is Switched At Birth, Pretty Little Liars + the premiere of new show Jane By design (no mention of MIOBI...my guess is end of March).

Production on season 1B commenced October 26th, returns early January 2012.

Buffy's Charisma Carpenter to get multi episode arc on TLG which retuns Monday January 2nd @ 9pm: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Charisma-Carpenter-Lying-Game-1039253.aspx

^ she's playing Annie...wtf??????

• Advertisement

Buffy's Charisma Carpenter to get multi episode arc on TLG which retuns Monday January 2nd @ 9pm: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Charisma-Carpenter-Lying-Game-1039253.aspx

^ she's playing Annie...wtf??????

Flashbacks? They couldn't just change what Annie looks like...

Advertisement