Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Court, Herring, Afoa, Muller, Stevenson, Diack, McComish, Williams;
    P Marshall, Jackson, Gilroy, L Marshall, Cave, Nelson?, Payne

When is Roger Wilson due back fit and is Adam D'Arcy injured as well?

I wonder if Court, Marshall and Cave will start.

I think Allen will start on the wing ahead of Nelson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

bilston wrote: »
    You sure about Heaney? He was in the same MCB team as Jackson, Allen, Gilroy, Annett and McIlroy (played at FB while Heaney was still at school).
    You're right actually my mistake. I was assuming that since Ulster was his second club he was a year or two older

I reckon the lineup will be

Black Brady Afoa Mullster Stevenson Diack Doyle Williams
    Heany Jackson Gillroy Marshall Farrell Nelson Payne

Bench Herring Court Fitzpatrick McComb McComish Marshall NOC Cave

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sixy

Nelson wont start on the wing, allen probably

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Whats the story with Nevin Spence atm? I can't remember. Is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Glasgow:
    15 Peter Murchie, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Alex Dunbar, 12 Graeme Morrison, 11 Sean Lamont, 10 Duncan Weir, 9 Henry Pyrgos,
    8 Ryan Wilson, 7 Chris Fusaro, 6 Rob Harley, 5 Al Kellock (capt), 4 Tom Ryder, 3 Mike Cusack, 2 Finlay Gillies, 1 Gordon Reid.
    Replacements: 16 Dougie Hall, 17 Moray Low, 18 Ryan Grant, 19 James Eddie, 20 John Barclay, 21 Chris Cusiter, 22 Ruaridh Jackson, 23 Peter Horne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

(15-9): J Payne; M Allen, C Farrell, L Marshall, C Gilroy; P Jackson, M Heaney;
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring, J Afoa, J Muller (c), L Stevenson, R Diack, S Doyle, N Williams.
    Replacements (16-23): N Brady, T Court, D Fitzpatrick, N McComb, M McComish, P Marshall, N O'Connor, D Cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

how long of a contract is Sean Doyle noticed on Wikipedia (yes i know some of the info is false) but on there it has an asterix beside his name nad says hes on a short term deal was just wondering how long it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Looking forward to seeing Marshall and Farrell in the center.

this is class

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm worried that Glasgow pack might be a bit too good to allow those young back to really have the time and space to make much happen. Good to see Court, Fitzpatrick, Marshall and Cave on the bench though.

I think it'll get a bit scrappy but Ulster should win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sixy

Think Ulster will edge it up front and it will be interesting to see what the young backs can do in a competitive game against more experienced players. Really like the look of farrell.

Anyway, thank god the rugby is back, will be good to be back at Ravenhill on a friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    (1-8): C Black, R Herring, J Afoa, J Muller (c), L Stevenson, R Diack, S Doyle, N Williams.
    Replacements (16-23): N Brady, T Court, D Fitzpatrick, N McComb, M McComish, P Marshall, N O'Connor, D Cave.

Strong looking side. Should make for a good game. Looking forward to kick off now. Roll on another season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

I'm officially excited about the new season now thanks to that backline. Will be great to see Luke Marshall getting solid game time. If he can impress in the opening weeks, he can force himself into the reckoning for big matches.

Farrell is still so young that he will progress significantly from where he is now. If he can acquit himself physically, he will benefit hugely from this season.

Jared Payne is as good as a new signing too and will add some class to the side. Looking at up to 4 or 5 future internationals in that backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Is BBCNI on NTL/UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Is Cochrane injured? always thought Allen was an out and out 13 even though he's played the last few games at wing. Between Leinster and Ulster in particular we should hopefully be seeing a few young backs making a name for themselves in the next few weeks.

how long of a contract is Sean Doyle noticed on Wikipedia (yes i know some of the info is false) but on there it has an asterix beside his name nad says hes on a short term deal was just wondering how long it was?
    Its a few month trial

Not sure when it is finished

Game just about to start now

For the first time this season SUFTUM

EDIT 10 mintes into the game Jackson off with a knock NOC on

Ulster 3-0 up

Jackson gone off, NOC on.

Williams and Diack have been everywhere so far.

Diack looking great. He could do with another good season.

Such a shame these backs have to play outside that 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

There didn't really seem to be much to the Jackson injury. Hopefully just a knock. Pity that he couldn't get off to a good start to the season though. Would have done his confidence no harm.

3-3

21mins gone.

Can we get a match thread? Think we need a designated Ulster match thread creator!

Haha Ulster looked very illegal there. The beauties of the ravenhill crowd.

Robbie Diack has been fantastic. Could be a huge boost to have him back to his best this season.

Lets give the lad a chance. NOC did very well getting across the gainline there.

ugh, not with the simple kick though

Diack was in the papers this week saying how he wanted to push on this season, he's backing up his words tonight.

That was an awful miss from NOC.

Lets give the lad a chance. NOC did very well getting across the gainline there.

ugh, not with the simple kick though

:D

Nice jinx!

He's been pretty brutal so far, but if he steps up a bit as greased into the game he will hopefully improve. I've never seen a 10 stand so consistently deep since ROG in the bad days.

That penalty was rubbish though

fan ****ing tastic handling in midfield there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

Williams is some unit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement