Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,429 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bizarre, don't remember anything like that even being mentioned.

The tackle made on Diack at about 22:25 in that video is around the neck and very dodgy, no?

Ulster asked for that to be reviewed and the citing officer (of the SRU) refused according to UAFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

awec wrote: »

The tackle made on Diack at about 22:25 in that video is around the neck and very dodgy, no?

Ulster asked for that to be reviewed and the citing officer (of the SRU) refused according to UAFC.

Nasty one that, he flicked his whole body round and forced him head first into the ground.

I don't think its a good idea that only one person has a say on if something is going to be cited surely there should be panels for this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

phog wrote: »
    Herring has been cited for stamping in the Glasgow game

The way they underuse herring does it make a difference?. He's a quality player who only get 10 mins a match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

blackdog1 wrote: »
    The way they underuse herring does it make a difference?. He's a quality player who only get 10 mins a match

Yes Best could get injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

blackdog1 wrote: »

Well it will make a difference if Best gets injured. Not sure who the next cab off the rank is. Possibly John Andrew who looked pretty decent coming off the bench a month or so ago.

Is Herring signed on for next season?

Clancy ref and Lacey as assistant for this weekend :pac:

Odd that neither semi final has neutral refs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwP7s3NfT2c&feature=youtu.be&t=1h7m44s

1 h 7m 44s in, you can see what happens as the ruck breaks up. The exact same thing happens all the time, he is being held and tries to free himself.

If he gets banned for that then it'll be the most farcical of all the bans we've accumulated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

His problem is that he's kicked out so close to the Glasgow's guy's head.

Kicked out? Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Kicked out? Eh?

There's a little flick at the end but unless there's a more incriminating camera angle, seems a very harsh citing.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    His problem is that he's kicked out so close to the Glasgow's guy's head.

Are you serious? His leg is being held by the guy on the ground and he is just trying to get his foot free! There might well have been someone's head close to where it happened but that doesn't mean he is trying to stamp him there.

I'm baffled by this and actually I'm minded to go with the view on uafc that the Scottish citing commissioner is playing silly buggers here. Russells "tackle" or whatever it was on Diack wasn't even looked at by the Scottish citing commissioner. Whether it was worthy of a ban or not I don't know but I do know Diack more or less ended up landing head first on the ground.

Edit - I hope we smash Glasgow on Friday night.

I do think this is the worst citing of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

So it appears Piutau will not be allowed play Super Rugby in 2016. Does this mean Ulster can pick him up earlier than initially expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

Anyone know what channel the Ulster Glasgow game is on this weekend?

Chief87 wrote: »
    Anyone know what channel the Ulster Glasgow game is on this weekend?

Take your pick from Sky Sports, Tg4, BBC NI and BBC Alba. Four different languages available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

So it appears Piutau will not be allowed play Super Rugby in 2016. Does this mean Ulster can pick him up earlier than initially expected?

Nope - we don't have enough NIQ spots available.

I think Williams should be dropped so we can bring him in...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

He can go on loan to Leinster.

.ak wrote: »

yeah if you give us Jordi in return...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

Take your pick from Sky Sports, Tg4, BBC NI and BBC Alba. Four different languages available.

I struggle with English at the best of times sure..cheers ;)

• Advertisement

Utah_Saint wrote: »

Your already pretty light in the backrow. I don't think you could go another man down.

By the way how is Taggart, saw he got an emerging Ireland place, ready to step to provincial duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    Toulon need cover for Habana, Mitchell and Nalaga.

Your already pretty light in the backrow. I don't think you could go another man down.

By the way how is Taggart, saw he got an emerging Ireland place, ready to step to provincial duty?

Yes, we are very light but most Ulster fans are pretty fed up with Williams and would like him to move on. I'd rather replace Williams with Read but if it means getting Charlie in early then I would take that.

I haven't seen a great deal of Taggart to make judgement but he appears to be going well. Would like to see Him and Dow making a few starts in the early games of next year. We give backs an early start so would like to see the same for some back row's

Yes, we are very light but most Ulster fans are pretty fed up with Williams and would like him to move on. I'd rather replace Williams with Read but if it means getting Charlie in early then I would take that.

I haven't seen a great deal of Taggart to make judgement but he appears to be going well. Would like to see Him and Dow making a few starts in the early games of next year. We give backs an early start so would like to see the same for some back row's

He is one of the selections in the emerging squad that I wonder if he is there to get some experience prior to breaking into his provinces senior team.

He is one of the selections in the emerging squad that I wonder if he is there to get some experience prior to breaking into his provinces senior team.

It's a bit strange that Taggart hasn't got a look in at Ulster this season given we've been playing Clive Ross a lot. Same goes for Lorcan Dow, albeit he is a year younger than Taggart. A few of the selections up front haven't made a lot of sense. Like where has Ricky Lutton been all season?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

This was always on the cards with a July starting date.

OR... (stay with me here)

You loan Pienaar to Leinster, freeing up an NIQ spot at Ulster thereby allowing Piutau to come early.

Like, we don't really need a scrum-half of that quality but we'd give yiz a dig-out just to be neighbourly.

Fair play on the Kiwi's for standing firm on their rules.

Herring cleared.

"The Disciplinary Committee concluded that the player had been held in a ruck by two opponents after the ball had left the ruck, that his actions were the result of him trying to release himself from their grip and that he had not committed an act of foul play."

What a total waste of time. It was clear as day there was no issue, now Rob Herring has presumably missed training having to go attend this stupid hearing.

• Advertisement

Herring cleared.

"The Disciplinary Committee concluded that the player had been held in a ruck by two opponents after the ball had left the ruck, that his actions were the result of him trying to release himself from their grip and that he had not committed an act of foul play."

What a total waste of time. It was clear as day there was no issue, now Rob Herring has presumably missed training having to go attend this stupid hearing.

It's an absolute farce.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement